Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chippin away at the 6 inches of ice hardpack on the parking lot. It's just warm enough for it to loosen from the asphalt.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a rock group back in the late 60's that used a theremin, can't drag the name out of the cobwebby memory at the moment.

• Options

Got it--Lothar and the Hand People!

• Options
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before that, I was listening to my taking guitar playlist.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the dentist.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the hospital yesterday. They have moved in two refrigerated trailers to the parking lot.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta keep em cold so they don't reanimate.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Listening to Kris Kristofferson and and thinking about smoking a New World Cameroon Toro.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Listening to Kris Kristofferson and and thinking about smoking a New World Cameroon Toro.

Does he usually tell you what to smoke?

• Options

He tried, should have smoked a Kristoff!

• Options

My neighbor has asked to borrow my mower and edger since his gardeners are practicing social distancing.

I'm going to loan him my corded mower and edger since I use the battery operated set I bought when my corded mower went out before I figured out how to fix it. (took the trigger mechanism apart)

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember as a kid my next door neighbor bought an electric mower and insisted I use that to cut his grass. I,hated it because the cord kept getting in the way. Fixed that problem quickly. I just kept running over the extension cord.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tweaked my lower back yesterday pulling weeds.🤬
    I can sit or stand almost straight, but i look like an octopus with polio when I attempt to walk.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Listening to Funkadelic on Amazon Music. I started listening to their recommended R&B station, but it was more like rap and hip-hop and just a bit much first thing in the morning so I yelled "get off my lawn" at that station.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took apart our wood and hardware cloth compost bins. Salvaged the hardware cloth and the frame went on the burn pile. Opened the back window of the garden shed to let the Wrens come and go. They are bound and determined to build a nest in the shed.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Took apart our wood and hardware cloth compost bins. Salvaged the hardware cloth and the frame went on the burn pile. Opened the back window of the garden shed to let the Wrens come and go. They are bound and determined to build a nest in the shed.

They're determined little critters. I get nests in my workshop and in the chicken coop every year. Might as well just let 'em in, they're going to get there somehow.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Listening to Parliament on Amazon Music.

• Options
    edited April 2020

Yak, I got to see George Clinton and Parliament a few years ago. Very good show but George had to sit for most of it.

• Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Oops

Water pillow

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll just work longer.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

I've done that lots. I've got six small Bovedas I need to recharge.

The Funk continues... exploring side project bands, Bootsy's Rubber Band live from 1976.

https://youtu.be/3byI94zEjc4

• Options

put tick tubes (permethrin treated cotton balls) out for the mice, kills the ticks, works great and the mice are happier too. Over the last few years it has made a huge difference in the tick population.
    sprayed the apple,peach, plum,and apricot trees with dormant oil to kill the overwintering eggs and mold spores.