Home Non Cigar Related

Forum hiccups?

12345679»

Comments

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@0patience I've not heard of this being an issue before, so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I can insert a ticket with IT for it, but I'm going to tell you right now that IT working with all of STG's other websites right now probably won't get to this for a little while. They have a strict set of to do items and projects, and only two of our internal staff have Admin permissions. I'll see if someone wants to go rogue and help you out.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

When I try and change my profile info, I click save and it says I don't have permission to do that.

Maybe try logging out and back in again. If that doesn't work, try clearing your cookies. Probably won't help.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@0patience said:

When I try and change my profile info, I click save and it says I don't have permission to do that.

Maybe try logging out and back in again. If that doesn't work, try clearing your cookies. Probably won't help.

Same on phone and PC. :(

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheCigarChick
    Ok, no sooner do I check both phone and PC and get the error and post that it wasn't working, it starts working.

So if your IT folks got it, tell them thank!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

@TheCigarChick the site's been acting dodgy today, taking forever to load, if it loads at all and sometimes loading without the normal style and look of the forum like the page didn't completely load.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the Iranians and Russians ^

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

It must be trump's fault.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Thanks, Lindsay.

I'd say that the site is running dog slow today, @TheCigarChick, but that'd be an insult to @TruDog and dogs everywhere.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vision was having the same issue

Don't look ↑

same here on and off. Seems fine now.

Agreed, it's working better now.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with the "Recent Discussions" menu item not working. I think it is a bad link redirect. I didn't realize how convenient it was until it does not work

@TheCigarChick

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Works fine here, whether clicking the button or refreshing, which is typically how I use the forum, parking on Recent Discussions, and refreshing during the course of the day.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:
    Anyone else having issues with the "Recent Discussions" menu item not working. I think it is a bad link redirect. I didn't realize how convenient it was until it does not work

@TheCigarChick

OK, I rebooted and cleared cache and it works now.

Thank You

@silvermouse said: