Home General Discussion

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never lost a shipment but I did have a little old lady from down the street  bring one by after it was delivered to her.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS ships 2 boxes of cigars, supposed to be delivered yesterday.
    Weather delayed and still on east coast and still have yet to be transferred to USPS.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Weather delayed and still on east coast and still have yet to be transferred to USPS.

Well just be patient....oh....well....shut-up now Amos!

Truly I feel your pain, been there too many times.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

You can have them sent here, Tony, for a rest from their weary travels  :D

Got delays here too. Birthday present I ordered 2 weeks ago has been delayed another week. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now had USPS scan 3 different packages containing cigars as delivered, which never showed up. Every single time I've complained they will not get past the "It shows delivered..." part of the conversation. I havn't smelt any of my neighbors enjoying the smokes yet, so I have to assume they never even got that far. :expressionless:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    I have now had USPS scan 3 different packages containing cigars as delivered, which never showed up. Every single time I've complained they will not get past the "It shows delivered..." part of the conversation. I havn't smelt any of my neighbors enjoying the smokes yet, so I have to assume they never even got that far. :expressionless:
    I've had a couple of those and the odd thing is, they showed up almost a week later.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Pretty F'd up when you have something sent "guaranteed" over night and something sent priority mail and the priority mail makes it there first.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I had a little old lady, (yea, who am I calling old) deliver a box of cigars that USPS "Delivered" to the house. Pretty much any other time of year that house would have been vacant and those cigars would have sat there and cooked.
    A little dirt never hurt

And yet again, USPS proves how inept they are.

5 packages mailed out on the same day.
    All 5 were sent 3 day mail.
    it's been 4 days and 1 out of 5 has made it to it's destination/
    The furthest freakin one!!
    And one has only made it 100 miles. WTF?
    Not the closest one, but the furthest one on the east coast.

And people are wondering why half the nation didn't trust mail in ballots.
    It's because USPS can't deliver a freakin package 100 miles, let alone anywhere else.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

My PO even told me don’t do Flat Rate just go 1st class.... it’s going to get the same time.

Ah, but the last time I tried first class I found out you can’t do it from your smartphone - gotta be on a computer.... 👴🏻

Also can’t print your mailing labels from your smartphone because the bar code doesn’t print. The rest of the label will print, but no bar code.

And this is why they want to give billions to USPS in the stimulus bill??
    Typical govt. Spend more money making crap smell better.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:

My PO even told me don’t do Flat Rate just go 1st class.... it’s going to get the same time.

Ah, but the last time I tried first class I found out you can’t do it from your smartphone - gotta be on a computer.... 👴🏻

Also can’t print your mailing labels from your smartphone because the bar code doesn’t print. The rest of the label will print, but no bar code.

I print all my mailing labels from my smartphone. You can ship first class from your computer? If you can do that, you should be able to do it for me smartphone. Just request the desktop version of the website B)

Don't look ↑
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Theere has always been a bottleneck around the holiday season and this year with tons of folk shopping on-line, and it isn't just USPS....
    https://www.thestreet.com/investing/ups-imposes-shipping-limits-on-nike-macys-other-retailers

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I had a sure post shipment spent 10 days somewhere in KC doing the UPS to USPS
    hand-off, neither was any help finding it.UPS, deliver to post office for final delivery, post office hasn't seen it. Then one day it miraculously appears. Was sure someone was enjoying my cigars.
    Nice Necro....timely

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I found out the Reno hub and Los Altos hub have the sorting bins side by side in both locations. It is not uncommon for a box to go back and forth between the 2 a couple of times before finding the right pile.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always had to print First Class labels from PayPal, the USPS site doesn't let you pay for first class postage online AFAIK. There's probably other ways to print first class besides PayPal.

Anyone have a good lead on boxes about the size of a small flat rate for first class? The nice thing about priority mail is the free shipping materials.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Order from small batch and reuse the boxes lol. That's typically what I do

Don't look ↑
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrap the flat rate box in paper. Or paint the frb

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

The UPS/USPS mode is downright crazy. UPS is about 3 miles SE of my house. USPS is 6 miles NW.
    Guess what drives by, a block from my house for the USPS hand off? Then takes another day or two to be delivered

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    Wrap the flat rate box in paper. Or paint the frb

Save . 50 just putting a FRB in a flat rate envelope like one retailer does.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Save even more than that putting two small FRB in a padded flat rate enelope. I've done that before.

I don'r order form Small Batch, CA taxes too high.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done remodeling work in one of the USPS sorting rooms.....Surprised anyone gets anything from the looks of things in there.

@Trykflyr_1
    That is frightening close to reality.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw a great offer on Amazon: a new iPad 8 for a mere $319. Not available to ship because of backlog until Jan 1st. Old lady wants one. I thought I'd sleep on it. By next day, the backlog was mid January. Bought one. Delivery scheduled for Jan 18th.

Got an email notice this morning: arriving today.

Amazon gets customer service. Helps that we live in range of their own fleet of trucks. Don't have to hand packages to USPS round here. Love Amazon. This time of year, they have ppl driving delivery in their own cars.

Prime.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Post office delivered amazon packages to me this morning in a u-haul at 6:45 am. No, I'm not shyting you

Don't look ↑