Home General Discussion

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent out two small boxes last MONDAY morning, two day delivery. I hope you guys receive them today. Have had a package on the way to Florida from North Carolina since the 8th, when tracking this morning, says it will be arriving late. WTF! I understand the Pandemic and Holiday season but when you pay for second day deliver and it is not more than double that time, its an issue.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    I sent out two small boxes last MONDAY morning, two day delivery. I hope you guys receive them today. Have had a package on the way to Florida from North Carolina since the 8th, when tracking this morning, says it will be arriving late. WTF! I understand the Pandemic and Holiday season but when you pay for second day deliver and it is not more than double that time, its an issue.

My "in transit, late delivery" is now 9 days past the original delivery date.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

But this is only cigars; imagine my poor coffee customers; if your cigars are late, you already have a 4-year supply. One poor sap in TX ordered on 12/1 - they say he's 'supposed to' get it tomorrow. Hope he took measures to avoid the meltdown from caffeine withdrawals.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I'm still waiting for some parts I ordered 3 years ago. They left Nebraska UPS and got to Seattle where they vanished into the USPS System of Surepost Doom.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been increasingly happy that I roast my own coffee as our package delivery services break down. Especially since 100% of my coffee consumption is now at home.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I have been increasingly happy that I roast my own coffee as our package delivery services break down. Especially since 100% of my coffee consumption is now at home.

Likewise, I'm content to roll my own gars.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will all be fine by the middle of January....

Don't look ↑
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS ‘gridlocked’ as historic crush of holiday packages sparks delays
    Private carriers FedEx and UPS have cut off deliveries for some retailers, rerouting surging mail volumes through the overwhelmed Postal Service.

By
    Hannah Denham and
    Jacob Bogage
    Dec. 15, 2020 at 8:59 a.m. EST
    Add to list
    A historic crush of e-commerce packages is threatening to overwhelm U.S. Postal Service operations just weeks before Christmas and runoff elections in Georgia that will decide control of the U.S. Senate, according to agency employees and postal industry tracking firms.

As Americans increasingly shop online because of the coronavirus pandemic, private express carriers FedEx and UPS have cut off delivery service for some retailers, sending massive volumes of packages to the Postal Service.

That has led to widespread delays and pushed the nation’s mail agency to the brink. Postal employees are reporting mail and package backlogs across the country, and working vast amounts of overtime hours that have depleted morale during another surge of coronavirus infections nationwide.

“We’re really gridlocked all over the place,” said a Postal Service transportation manager in Ohio, who like others in this report spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid retribution. “It’s bad. I’ve never seen it like this before.

“UPS and FedEx have shut us off. Nobody can keep up right now, but we don’t have the luxury of turning people down. They’re sitting on so much mail right now that it’s almost one day at a time in these facilities.”

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, maybe the USPS should start bribing Congress Critters, er, I mean, making campaign contributions like UPS and FedEx?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Thing is, our packages are not so much delayed as re-routed. If you are overwhelmed with work, then how does it help to send a package from central PA to Kansas City en route to Eastern PA? That's what's happening to us. HYanover PA to a day east to Jersey City, then back toward Illinois. That sort of thing.

Got a package with pills in it today. Took four days to get from Wilmington, eight miles away, to here. I can see that, if you're jammed up. But had a package with a computer part come from Ohio to DullAware via Sacramento. That's effed up.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Here's something a little unusual.

Placed a CCOM order on Dec 4th. Rather a large order. Couple days ago, account info showing it has not yet been processed at all, I called. Very helpful young lady with a slight, unidentifiable accent tells me she'll expedite the order.

Now I get a message that processing has begun. A label has been created. Here we are, 6 days after placing the order, USPS tracking info shows that they've not yet received the package.

12 days out from time of order, package remains "In transit, arriving late", no info on where in transit it might be. New Jersey? Montana? South Kakalakkee? At least it's not July. Although, it might be before they arrive.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of the problems are regional facilities and also reduced flights. Folks need to remember that most mail travels on domestic flights as a ride along. There are a lot less flights these days, especially to smaller markets. Luckily my stuff goes through Sacramento and I've only had one package delayed by 5 days but that's because it got stuck in a PA facility. No delays locally. In fact, I've been very impressed with USPS. My local FedEx is a different story, nearly every package for the last three months has been late by many days, even a week in many cases. They've been terrible lately.

When you file an inquiry into a missing package at usps.com, they start with your tracking number. Then they email you an inquiry number in response. Nowhere in any correspondence do they relate which case number refers to which tracker number. If you have a slew of cases going on all at once (as we do), then you have that many case numbers.

Just now received an email asking me to rate USPS response to "case number 18043381". What package does it refer to? No way to tell.

Sometimes, you get another email from a postmaster somewhere along the route. That person never knows any more than what tracking tells me. That person never answers their email if I reply. That person will sign their email something like so: "Abigail, Antares." So far as I know, remembering my navigation back in the days of sextants and trig, Antares is the name of a star in Scorpio. Far as I can tell, when they sign this way, the Antares or whatever is the name of their facility.

Often, below the signature they will give a phone number. Nobody answers these phone numbers. I've yet to try one which even has an answering machine on it.

Early on in this adventure, a postmaster from Beebe Arkansas did call me up. All she could tell me is what tracking said. She was fairly prolific with the excuses, of course. Each time I pointed out a hole in the excuse, she would immediately confabulate a new one.

Basically, I think their whole resolution scheme is nothing but placebo at this point.

I wouldn't want the job.

Now 15 days out for one package and 10 on another. Both USPS direct, not sure-post packages.

Where, oh where are you tonight...

Last seen leaving Philadelphia over a week ago, Amos' package remains "In Transit, Arriving Late". No further information forthcoming. No known stops in various states along the Eastern Seaboard, not the random diversion to Wyoming or Utah, no entries to the tracking log.

Sigh...the frustration.

• logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/5022735/uploads/

editor/vy/eftsmhckkanm.jpeg "")

Roughing the package, 25 yard penalty on the post office.

edited December 2020

@peter4jc said:

He must like CS 03's....

@peter4jc said:

My guess would have been a rather more malignant spiritual entity.

@logan_042 said:

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/5022735/uploads/

editor/vy/eftsmhckkanm.jpeg "")

Roughing the package, 25 yard penalty on the post office.

Oh, so your packages route through Memphis too?

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank whats the 6 stand for?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

@NorCalR1 said:
    @VegasFrank whats the 6 stand for?

How many times they drop it

Then it’s a 9 😜