you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, bitcoin miners have company--pot smokers are killing the planet, lol

https://phys.org/news/2021-03-insatiable-demand-cannabis-giant-carbon.html

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shame that a weed that grows easily must be expend so many resources to grow in warehouses.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Shame that a weed that grows easily must be expend so many resources to grow in warehouses.

I remember my granddad was the first to show me MJ going down by the river.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

maybe folks should just grow it in their gardens, like they did for 10,000 years.

Oh, wait! Sorry, neither huge black-market profits or insane taxes will be collected like that.

Never mind, carry on, onward through the fog!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

"For the people" my a$$. Only a way to attempt to keep Replublicans from ever getting re-elected again.

• Options
    edited March 2021

I think the oath of office say "protect and defend the Constitution", not try to get it before judges. I haven't researched it myself but I heard it has a provision that if passed, it can only be challenged on Constitutional grounds in the very liberal DC District Federal court. OK research done. It also calls for making DC the 51st State.

(1) The action shall be filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and an appeal from the decision of the district court may be taken to the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. These courts, and the Supreme Court of the United States on a writ of certiorari (if such a writ is issued), shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear such actions.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

how can you not notice the syringe is empty???? That's not a mistake that even the most gonzo junkie wouldn't make:

Kroger clinic patients given empty COVID-19 vaccine shots

https://www.wkrn.com/news/kroger-clinic-patients-given-empty-covid-19-vaccine-shots/

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

It also calls for making DC the 51st State.

In my opinion, if they want to end "taxation without representation", then reduce D.C. back down to the 10 square miles that they are supposed to be and give back the rest of the land to Maryland from which it came. Keep D.C. as the seat of the country because at a mere 10 sq. mi. that would pretty much encompass the government buildings, leaving the rest of the residents to be covered by statehood. Making D.C. as it is, a state, will only serve to guarantee 2 permanent democratic senators, whereby upending the balance of power that normally ebbs and flows election cycle to election cycle. This is, in my humble opinion, why one typically only sees democratic support for such an issue.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    how can you not notice the syringe is empty???? That's not a mistake that even the most gonzo junkie wouldn't make:

https://www.wkrn.com/news/kroger-clinic-patients-given-empty-covid-19-vaccine-shots/

Shooting air into the veins is deadly, no?

• Options

Luckily they're not shooting the vaccine into your veins.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arlington in Virginia was originally part of DC as well. So the precedent is there to return the land to the original state. Don't think Maryland wants them even if they are also mostly democratic led.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posted a while back (can't find it to quote) that the Seuss estate cancelled those books to boost sales. Seems I wasn't far off....

https://ogdaa.blogspot.com/2021/03/dr-seuss-book-sales-skyrocket-as-big.html

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
  • Options

Very interesting, but I had to mute that annoying soundtrack after a while to save my sanity.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope! I’m a professional.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Very interesting, but I had to mute that annoying soundtrack after a while to save my sanity.

yep.... so did I

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I listened to the whole thing.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

@silvermouse said:

I thought.....so....... 🤔

• Options

@CharlieHeis said:

In small amounts, like a couple CC's, isn't gonna kill you. Talking with the medics at work about this. Their opinion is it would take 30-50 CCs to cause issues and it has to be in one big bubble and it would need to go to the right side of the heart first. A trip through the venous system would break it up. That'd cause a bit of discomfort but probably wouldn't cause an untimely demise. These vax's are being given intramuscularly not intravenously so an empty syringe is moot.

• Options

... at least the second shot wouldn't make you sick.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Holy Hell!

I never heard of this:

https://imccs.org/

Until a Quoran posed this question:

Will the IMCCS be granted powers to be the UN military force against environmentally destructive countries that refuse to cooperate in reducing man-made pollution and deforestation? Would it be the armed globalist arm to impose their will?

Lookee the cast of characters.
    Is any conspiracy theory untrue?

• Options

Looked at the members of the council, was surprised Luxemburg even has a branch for defense. Its only a few square miles of country with banking and bars the main businesses. Doesn't have a national currency, you can spend marks, dollars, francs, lira, most anything in your pocket and get the current exchange rates for your beers.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the Globalists and the green weenies have teamed up to force the world to bow to their ideology?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Resistance is futile.

• Options

Still waiting on them to invent plant based southern style collard greens.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

I'll wait.....

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.