Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    In honor of the weekend blitz (and friday night) I had a 5 Vegas CSII tonight. It was awesome, as usual. Earlier today I had an A. Fernandez signature robusto and figured out that even after a few months these need to get buried in the coolidor for some time. It was one of the weirder experiences I've had. First half tasted great, but gave off a really harsh ammonia like aroma that was pretty brutal. Then into the second half the aroma started to transfer to the smoke itself and I gave up. I still have faith that these will be great in time, but I'm gonna try to forget about them for at least 6 months.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Fired up a Cohiba Red Dot this morning on the way in to work.....delicious!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im going out tonight and having 2. Narrowed down to the follwoing. Ghurka Centurion. AJ Signature. Diesel. Cabugon. Oliva V Maduro. RP 1961. Illusione. Im leaning torware starting off with the centurion, then having the Illusione and bringing 2 backups just in case.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Fourtotheflush:
    Im going out tonight and having 2. Narrowed down to the follwoing. Ghurka Centurion. AJ Signature. Diesel. Cabugon. Oliva V Maduro. RP 1961. Illusione. Im leaning torware starting off with the centurion, then having the Illusione and bringing 2 backups just in case.
    Your idea is probably the best way to go... out of all of them you might burn out the pallet with any other combination.

• Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I tried the LFD Air Bender tday at lunch. Pretty good smoke for a Dominican, Medium body, lots of flavor. I had a Gurkha Dragon on my evening commute.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoking a LFD DL Chisel Maduro. really really good. hey stephen. you just had post 666
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Smoked a LFD air bender for almost 2 hours tonight. Very nice flavors, but they need much more rest.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Started the night off with a mica libre and I just can't get into this cigar. Seemed extremely bland in taste with a pre-light aroma that was COMPLETELY raisins. I really hope this isn't what a padron tastes like as I have been thinkin about shellin out for a few to try. The night, however, was easily salvaged with a cain f. Started out with a little bit of a burn issue but corrected itself. Effortless draw, tons of creamy smoke, lots of flavor, and a body that doesn't hit you until you stand up. Great cigar and I think I see a box purchase in my future!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I broke out a Cask II and wow, what a horrible burn. One side kept on going out and left a bite/bitter taste. I worked my way through it till about 2.5 inches left. I was a bit mad to say the least.
  • Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36
    Ordered a bunch of CAO Black's a few months ago on the Daily Deal.  Smokin one now to cellebrate the time change.   Excellent cigar.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    stephen_hannibal:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Your idea is probably the best way to go... out of all of them you might burn out the pallet with any other combination.

Due to the weather I only got in the Centurion, but it was fantastic and really satisfied.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I have been really missing the forums AND my cigars lately. Been a long week at work and before that I was down sick for over a week so I haven't had a good smoke in a while. But luckily my weekend is just starting and after we take the little one to go see Thomas the Tain Live ( I know you are all jealous! haha) I will be kicking back with a nice glass of wine and a good smoke before dinner, then after dinner some good bourbon and another good smoke or two. Gotta love Spring time and 75 degree days!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    262 Robusto. Great stick. I think I prefer the Torpedo (but just slightly). I have the Toro still to try before I buy a box of one.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Just had a Utopia Blue courtesy of Firetruckguy by way of lilwing88 and loved it. Beautiful day and a good stick, can't beat it. I think I'll fire up another later this afternoon.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    In honor of the weekend blitz (and friday night) I had a 5 Vegas CSII tonight. It was awesome, as usual. Earlier today I had an A. Fernandez signature robusto and figured out that even after a few months these need to get buried in the coolidor for some time. It was one of the weirder experiences I've had. First half tasted great, but gave off a really harsh ammonia like aroma that was pretty brutal. Then into the second half the aroma started to transfer to the smoke itself and I gave up. I still have faith that these will be great in time, but I'm gonna try to forget about them for at least 6 months.
    Dude. I have had the same thing happen to me (not on this stick but others I have had in the past) several times. I thought I was crazy but, it was definitely "Ammonic".
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Just finished a Ruination... Since I've got more coming :)
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    2nd cigar of the day Perdomo 10 Anniversary Champagne, not as good as my first one today (Utopia) just OK for me, but first time I've smoked two in one afternoon. Woo Hoo !
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    laker1963:
    Just finished a Ruination... Since I've got more coming :)
    Please rub it in a little bit more ;) haha just kiddin. Happy for ya bro!
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Murcielago Toro, these are growing on me.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur earlier, man those are really good.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    First time to sit back and relax in I dont know how long. Lit up a Forum Blend Maduro ...the pepper and leather seem more pronounced the longer these age ...a very very good smoke.
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    I'm currently smoking a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. Pretty good so far.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    First time to sit back and relax in I dont know how long. Lit up a Forum Blend Maduro ...the pepper and leather seem more pronounced the longer these age ...a very very good smoke.
    Ohhhh, Gene. You make me want to LOL.

Have you heard anything on the new ones coming?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Don Kiki Brown label and IT SF Maduro
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    First up was a Padilla Habano toro with coffee this morning, excellent pairing. Later was an El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme, nice medium bodied robusto. Last up was a Man o War Ruination Robusto #1, this one has been in the humidor for between 7 and 8 months and smoked great, smooth but with a punch.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    So Friday I had exactly what I thought I would have. Started with an AJ Fernandez Torpedo. It was milder than I expected but it was good for most of the cigar. Nice draw that did get some tar buildup but I cut it quickly and was OK again. I then went to a Tatuaje Red. This cigar was strong! Definately needs some age for my taste. The burn was horrible and kept going out. The filler would burn faster than the wrapper. I left this one go with about 2 inches left. I finished off with a Tatuaje Black. This one had a better burn but tasted very similar to the Red. By the time I was done with this one I was all burnt out. I gave my friend one each of the tubos, a CS II and 2 Brazilian labels (one torpedo and one Chuchill). He liked the black but he didn't smoke the rest. He smoked two ISOMs instead. One looked like a double robusto Monti and the other was a R&J Churchill. He gave me 3 of the Montis but I haven't touched them yet. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched any of the ISOMs i got from him since summer of last year. I still have a few I got in 2008 that I haven't touched either. Soon, soon...
  • Options
    Help me decide this afternoons cigar, choices

5 Vegas A
    5 Vegas Miami
    5 Vegas Gold
    5 Vegas 2008 limitada
    5 Vegas Classic

• Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesterday's menu: Perdomo Fresh-Rolled, Tierra del Sol, 5 Vegas Miami, Nording
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Go with the 08 Limitada, do it
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    Go with the 08 Limitada, do it
    SOLD