Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I had a Montesino No. 1 with my coffee, this afternoon in the bright sunshine. A fine mild smoke. Good match with coffee.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Todays Menu: ITC 10th 2nd, Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero, Gurkha Royal Brigade, 262 Toro
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Smoked my last RP Decade and still just can't get into em. Just not for me I guess. This was my third one. I will say, this was the first one I had that didn't have a burn problem or wrapper issues. Perfect construction, just didn't produce much flavor for me. Also had an Olive Serie O Habano. Good smoke.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    1 Oliveras XL Bold, 4 A. Fernandez Signature Maduros, And gonna smoke a Padron 1926 Anniverary after dinner.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a Don Pepin series JJ for lunch, and a new Joya de Nicaragua Antano Doble Fuerte on the way home from my birthday dinner. It had about six months of humi time, and was excellent. I look forward to them being available soon. Very smooth and potent.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5Vegas Series A tonight
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Felipe Gregorio Fat Boy... tasty.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I got a jump start on spring this a.m. cleaning the garage and smoking a series O. I'm a bit of a neat freak and use an Oreck power scrubber on the floor....it's clean!
  • Options
    I am firing up a La Aurora 100 anos
  • Options
    You must like those pretty well, DD. I think I remember you lit one up just a day or two ago.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Last nite...decided to brave the cold...about 42 degrees. I had an Ashton VSG Wizard...This is definitely going to take up more space in my humidors, AVERY good stik. I had a double shot of Glenlivet 12 yr old with it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Just finished a nice Bauza compliments of Kas. I don't know much about this cigar, other than the one he sent me had some time on it, but I would guess it had a Sumatra wrapper with atleast a little dominican filler. I really enjoyed it, maybe medium bodied with a great smooth flavor with subtle spice and great rich tobacco flavor. I really enjoyed it. Thanks again Tony!
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Had my first Padilla Dominus........ not too sure 'bout this one. First half was very "dry"; that's the only way to descibe it. Second half was just ok. Perhaps more rest is needed.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Just finished a Gurkha Tittan II. Perfect draw, fantastic burn and about a strong as I figured it would be. What a great way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon.

• Options
    DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    Meeting up with my buddies tonight for a smoke and I'm trying to decide between my favorite (Man O War) or try a Gurkha Turk that I got a while ago... The picking of the cigar is the hardest part IMO...
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Damn dave talk about opposite ends of the spectrum!! haha.
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Meeting up with my buddies tonight for a smoke and I'm trying to decide between my favorite (Man O War) or try a Gurkha Turk that I got a while ago... The picking of the cigar is the hardest part IMO...
    Smoke them both.
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    Damn! why didn't I think of that... haha I think I might start it off with a Gurkha Turk have a nice meal then finish it with the Man O War...
  • Options
    I had a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet. It felt very firm when I took it out of the humi, so I was worried it was going to be a problem. Happily, though, it burned perfectly. Excellent flavor, too.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's pleasure's IT SF Maduro, and a RP Puro Cubano
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    A CCOM red label..... pretty dang good.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a Perdomo ESV Maduro for lunch, it was good but had a very tight draw. I had a Patel Brothers on the ride home. It was my Sunday to work.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    had a fonseca serie f today compliments of illinoisgolf99... GREAT cigar! it was a robusto with a slow burn and long ash (2 and 1/2 inches before it fell off). really creamy smoke! just a good mild cigar and im def gonna have to get a few of these!!
  • Options
    urbino:
    You must like those pretty well, DD. I think I remember you lit one up just a day or two ago.
    Love the stick, one of my all time faves, only have 2 left :(
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    urbino:
    Love the stick, one of my all time faves, only have 2 left :(
    Hey DD, I've got a nearly full box of the Cien Años belicosos. Let me know if you'd want some and I'm sure we can broker a trade of some kind.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today's Menu Perdomo En Vidrio, Perdome Fresh Rolled, IT Cameroon Legend
  • Options
    Started off with an A. Fernandez sig. Maduro. Then, later had an Arturo Fuente Anejo #55, nice 2+ hour smoke. DPG Invicta, also very nice. Not sure whats next.
  • Options
    Started off with a Padilla Habano toro and boy was it good, I've only had torpedos prior to this and they were hit or miss for me, sometimes they were tight, other times the wrapper was very fragile and only once did one smoke without issue, this toro was just about perfect in respects. After that came a Padilla Hybrid robusto, didn't know what to expect and while I wasn't disappointed with it, I wasn't really thrilled either, it's a pretty middle-of-the-road cigar imo. May squeeze in one more tonight, hard to say as it's been raining and a little chilly out.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    had a Camacho 62torp tonight. this was my first experience with this stick, it will def. not be my last. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Decided to go out for one more, a Toraño Exodus 50 Years short churchill. Like the one I had Friday is was excellent in all regards, though given the time of day and where it fell on my smoking schedule it came off as more medium bodied this time where as the first cigar on Friday it seemed medium-full. Great cigar though, I'd highly recommend it.