Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a Nub Cammy last night, great as always. Then I lit up a CAO Gold but I just wasnt feeling it so I let it go out.

After about an hour break I lit up a Cheroot by LFD. From what I understand, the B&M I got this from is just about the only place in the country to get them. They are a special creation by Lito Gomez. The guys at the B&M call them the "crack stick" and they certainly live up to that name. This is only the second I have had and I know I will be buying a box. The flavors are out of this world and it is very full bodied. I plan on getting a box or two so I can share some with you guys in trades and games.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    After about an hour break I lit up a Cheroot by LFD. From what I understand, the B&M I got this from is just about the only place in the country to get them. They are a special creation by Lito Gomez. The guys at the B&M call them the "crack stick" and they certainly live up to that name. This is only the second I have had and I know I will be buying a box. The flavors are out of this world and it is very full bodied. I plan on getting a box or two so I can share some with you guys in trades and games.
    *Drool*
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    *Drool*
    I still owe you for those Padillas, Joe. When I get a box I'll send a few of them your way for sure. I have a feeling you will love these.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    There's a Cubao I've been eyeing for a while. Tonight may be the night to light it up.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just got back from Miami on a golf trip. I didn't take any super premiums because we played golf and drank the whole time so I didn't want to waste a great smoke by forgetting it. I did bring some yummy sticks down though. . . at least for me. I had a minimum of one of the following.

5 Vegas Classic
    5 Vegas Miami
    Padilla Habano
    Alec Bradley 97
    Punch Chataeu L Double Maduro
    CAO Criollo
    CAO Americana
    Sol CCC
    A. Fernandez
    Nica Libre
    Gurkha Triple Ligero
    La Herencia Cubano
    Oliva Serie O
    Q-Ban Fuerte
    Rocky Patel R4
    Rocky Patel Fusion
    Rocky Patel Puro Cubano
    Verdadero Organic

I know I'm forgetting a couple but needless to say I had a great time, even though the weather was a little cool and windy for this time of year.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays selections: Padilla Cazadore Don Kiki Brown Label Oliveros XL Bold Don Kiki Brown Label
  • Options
    mitmik37mitmik37 Posts: 1
    How was that Sol?  I haven't tried one yet
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    It seems like I've been stuck on Camachos lately. Today was a Havana, and a Coyolar. Both fantastic.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've had either Kas, glad you enjoyed them. I had a Man O War Ruination robusto today, again a flawless smoke. I feel a box purchase in my near future.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    RP Edge Maduro foe lunch, and a Hemmingway with a Newcastle this evening. A pit stop at the local cigar bar.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Todays menu: IT Cameroon lLegend robusto and Nicaro Toro
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    It seems like I've been stuck on Camachos lately. Today was a Havana, and a Coyolar. Both fantastic.
    me too!!!! easy brand to get stuck on, I am having a Triple Maduro right now, I love the coyolar esp. in the perfecto(its a firecracker). I need to try the Havana and am also looking foward to getting my hands on the Connecticut and Candela.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had some NUB rip off that my B&M suggested, he claimed you couldn't taste the difference... it was total sh*t! Kinda pissed me off...
    Also had some unbanned something that was really good wish I knew what it was cause I would get more.

• Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Well after a crazy Monday I once again lit up the good ole grill and made up some nice chicken. I enjoyed a Diesel tonight. I wasn't so sold on my first one, but after a few months in the humi they are definitely a solid enjoyable smoke. I will be putting this on my "go to" list...
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight I went for an Oliveros XL Bold from the DD a few weeks ago. So far I am 3 for 3 in the win category for Oliveros, loved it even with just a little rest. I very much look forward to seeing how these do with more time :^)
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Today is my birthday so this morning on the way in I took the long drive and fired up a Cohiba Siglo IV, always a fine smoke........
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Padilla Cazadores underwhelmed... and that's with a month or so on it.
    I thought it would hit harder but it was kinda mild.

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Diamondog:
    Today is my birthday so this morning on the way in I took the long drive and fired up a Cohiba Siglo IV, always a fine smoke........

hey have a happy birthday man, enjoy it!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday! Hope you can find time for a couple more today.
  • Options
    I am going to have a glass of Rum and an Oliva Serie O after work...had the Serie O Maduro on saturday and that is now my current favorite stick, looking forward to trying the natural Serie O.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I didn't get to have my 3-4 smoke day like I was hoping Sunday due to a damn cold, but I'm feeling better today and have to go back to work tomorrow so I'm thinking about lighting something up while I relax in the sunshine and watch a little news this afternoon.
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    kaspera79:
    me too!!!! easy brand to get stuck on, I am having a Triple Maduro right now, I love the coyolar esp. in the perfecto(its a firecracker). I need to try the Havana and am also looking foward to getting my hands on the Connecticut and Candela.
    ... and today was the Corojo, another winner. This one burned very slow I had to set this Robusto down after an hour plus and it just reached the band. I figure I'll keep this up all week and maybe end with the PE I have been resting for a while now.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT SF Maduro to start the morning off, then a Don Kiki Brown Labelx2 and a Cu-avana Intenso torpedo that was just the bomb! Dang it that thing was kicking butt today.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I tried a La Escepcion Edicion Limitada for lunch, and enjoyed a Padilla Habano on the ride home.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    mustluvcigars:
    kaspera79:
    ... and today was the Corojo, another winner. This one burned very slow I had to set this Robusto down after an hour plus and it just reached the band. I figure I'll keep this up all week and maybe end with the PE I have been resting for a while now.
    Have you tried the Camacho Select Kas? As it stands right now, that's my favorite Camacho, it's blended by Julia Eiroa and uses a cameroon wrapper, damn tasty cigar if you ask me.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    mustluvcigars:
    kaspera79:
    Have you tried the Camacho Select Kas? As it stands right now, that's my favorite Camacho, it's blended by Julia Eiroa and uses a cameroon wrapper, damn tasty cigar if you ask me.
    I have one in my hand (or at least had ) I put it down to type, it will be my next cigar tomorrow at 3:00 PM I had one a while ago, but don't remember much about it, and I have just grown into them seriously. They truely have become my favorite brand.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    So, I was supposed to go to a restaurant Friday that allows smoking but due to the snow plans got canceled. Even my local B&M was closed! :-( So, we ended up going there on Saturday. But before that we went to the local B&M where I had my final cigar from the cotm club 6 months ago; a RP Decade. I still have not had one as good as my first one. This one wasn't bad but none of them have lived up to the hype of the first one. SO, that night I started with a Gurkha Legend Perfecto from my original cotm club purchase back in April of 2008. This one did not thrill me at all It was kinda harsh and I think I smoked too much of it while it was harsh because when I started my second cigar of the night, a Gran Habana 3 Siglos, my palate was shot. I like this cigar but between my palate and the wrapper splitting up the side as I smoked it it was just not a good night.

Today, I had a Gurkha Holy Grail. I have not had one of these since I bought the box sometime in 2009 when phoebes and I did a trade (can't remember when). This one has been in my smoking humi for at least 3 months so I thought it was time to smoke. Aside from the burn being a little off and the wrapper cracking after I re-lit it the cigar was mild and flavorfull. Not having a full stomach this morning it was a good smoke and didn't *** me up.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a nice ccom blue label torp with some maker's mark this evening.  The cigar was pretty good but had some construction issues and got really spongy with an inch and a half left, stealing 20 minutes easily from me :( all in all it had good flavor and perfect draw and burn with a TON of rich, creamy smoke
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today's menu - 5 Vegas Gold robusto, Siglo toro, Greycliff Legends
  • Options
    Today was dominated by Perdomo's Lot 23. Started with 2 natural robustos back to back. A bit later I had a Lot 23 maduro robusto which impressed me a good bit. To get away from the Lot 23 I had a Camacho Candela robusto, I wasn't crazy about it, the flavor was very mild and I think I'd enjoy it more as the first cigar of the day on a clean palate.