Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should make ditches illegal so that would stop.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thawed out here. Everything's up and running again, at least at my place.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

There aren't many good drivers in illinoise.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

95% of drivers think they are better-than-average drivers. That goes up to 99% in MA.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm an excellent driver.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snow last night 14*
    Currently 55* and clear with a high of 82* tomorrow

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

58 yesterday, topping out around 30 today, currently 21. However my crocus have come back, and the jonquils are poking up so spring can't be far off.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Topping out at 7 today in the next couple hours it says then back to negatives

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

50 degrees yesterday and it will be 16 tonight. Still have snow where the sun doesn't hit.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not as tough as some places but still....

• Options

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit a high of 73* and weather looks great for the @yakster mini Herf this weekend

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

b.o.h.i.c.a.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way warmer than it should be, mid-teens above 0, and snowing hard again. Was -25 yesterday morning.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a winter weather advisory until 9 pm. High winds and snow showers.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Rare snow in the Bay Area and freeze warnings until Friday morning are putting a crimp on my smoke time.

• Options

Cloudy and cooler (61 F) but still warm enough to enjoy a pipe. I may have to switch from shorts to pants for tonight's blind tasting.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Cloudy and cooler (61 F) but still warm enough to enjoy a pipe. I may have to switch from shorts to pants for tonight's blind tasting.

You know I'm going to have to bring it up now, don't you?

• Options
    edited March 2022

And it's started to rain lightly now. We really need it so I'm still happy.

I don't mind if you mention I'm wearing shorts, just don't tell them I'm wearing house shoes.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Wind advisory today, I'll probably have to move to the garage to smoke. Busy day today, not sure when I'll get the chance.

• Options

Didn't seem too bad so I set up in the back yard to smoke a pipe and take my last meeting of the day but the wind's picking up now and I think I'd better move.

• Options

Cloudy, damp and 59 here today.

• Options
    blindprophetblindprophet Posts: 7

37 and cloudy right now

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lightly snowing, watching a flock of cardinals having breakfast in my China berry tree

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go again was 70 yesterday.
    NWS Winter Storm Warning (Avery County)
    HIDE
    Winter Storm Warning issued March 11 at 4:50AM EST until March 12 at 7:00PM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY ABOVE 3500 FEET... ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY BELOW 3500 FEET... * WHAT...For the Winter Storm Warning, heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 6 inches. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph. For the Winter Weather Advisory, snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 3 inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph. * WHERE...Counties in western North Carolina along the Tennessee border. * WHEN...From 1 AM to 7 PM EST Saturday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Patches of black ice will develop on bridges and overpasses Saturday morning, resulting in slippery spots. The cold wind chills as low as 10 below zero could result in hypothermia if precautions are not taken. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Rain will change to snow across the mountains of North Carolina early Saturday morning, beginning on the highest peaks and ridgetops of the Smokies around midnight and down to the valley floors by sunrise, as temperatures fall quickly below freezing. Snow will taper off to the Tennessee border by mid- morning, and should end everywhere by sunset Saturday. Temperatures across the mountains will remain below freezing through Saturday, so black ice is possible. Winds will be strong enough to knock down a few tree limbs and power lines Saturday. The cold temperatures and strong winds will also result in bitterly cold wind chills Saturday afternoon and Saturday night at high elevations.

Counties Affected:
    Avery; Graham; Haywood; Madison; Mitchell; Swain; Yancey

Issued by: NWS Greenville-Spartanburg (Western North Carolina and Northwest South Carolina)
    HIDE
    NWS Winter Weather Advisory (Avery County)
    MORE

• Options

That doesn't sound like fun. Watch your back.
    Not so tough here...
    Saturday,
    Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 52. Breezy, with a southeast wind 11 to 20 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
    Saturday Night
    A chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then a slight chance of snow between 9pm and 10pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m getting the same thing Rodger. I had to cut my grass last weekend, it’s 68 and sunny today, calling for anywhere between 6”-8” of snow through the weekend.