Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Edward

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Batten the hatches, Edward and stay safe.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are 3 miles from Tenn at 3800 ft
    NWS Winter Storm Watch (Avery County)
    HIDE
    Winter Storm Watch issued January 14 at 4:41AM EST until January 17 at 8:00AM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... * WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches are expected across the mountain valleys and extreme northeast Georgia, with 8 to 12 inches along and near the Blue Ridge Escarpment, and 12 to 20 inches at elevations above 4000 feet. Ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch are also possible. * WHERE...The mountains of the Carolinas and northeast Georgia. * WHEN...From Saturday evening through Monday morning. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Precipitation may begin as early as Saturday afternoon across parts of the mountains, eventually falling as mostly snow and increasing in coverage and intensity late Saturday night. The precipitation may briefly change to sleet and freezing rain before tapering off Sunday afternoon and evening in most areas, although snow showers are expected to linger along the Tennessee border into Monday morning. Widespread black ice should be expected Monday morning, and may be a concern into the middle of the week. Later guidance may change snow amounts and will determine when a Warning is issued.

Counties Affected:
    Avery; Buncombe; Burke Mountains; Caldwell Mountains; Graham; Haywood; Henderson; Macon; Madison; McDowell Mountains; Mitchell; Northern Jackson; Polk Mountains; Rutherford Mountains; Southern Jackson; Swain; Transylvania; Yancey

Issued by: NWS Greenville-Spartanburg (Western North Carolina and Northwest South Carolina)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget the whiskey.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snowy, very snowy...

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing here. I drive to town earlier for a saw blade. Grocery stores were packed with people getting their Mt. Dew, little Debbie cakes, milk and bread.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peter, you beat me to it. I love that video. It reflects the people of new England post Blizzard Of '78.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@Usaf06 @RobbyCruz anybody else in Florida...you guys good???

• Options

Enjoy that cigar Rodger and stay warm.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a "YIKES!!!" button.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Another "Scorcher" for the history page today.

• Options

21 today and supposed to be 10 tonight. Ice every under every step. Skated down the road in my boots a couple of miles this AM just to earn my after supper robusto.

• Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Cold..........and snowing

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    21 today and supposed to be 10 tonight. Ice every under every step. Skated down the road in my boots a couple of miles this AM just to earn my after supper robusto.

Next couple weekends look fun.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

you need a leaf-blower (for your car)

• Options

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Zamboni on a stick.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
  • Options

Looks like the Perfect Storm is headed your way Edward. Batten the hatches.

• Options

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at over a foot Saturday.