JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holiday Hodags!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few more pictures from my hometown after last night's storms

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right I thought they were great. The main park in rhinelander which is "Hodag Park" does lights of the northwoods a Free Christmas light show you can drive through or walk through and the fire department does a monster bonfire, Santa's there and even fireworks one night.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

tragic for the folks who got hit, I hope the community is there for those who lost so much; speak up if there is something your cigar buddies can do🙋

• Options
    edited December 2021

Dresden is too small to attract media attention, several other local small towns are hit as badly or worse, and you're not going to hear about them, either. One good thing is that folks around here are better than average at pulling together.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Heard from my nephew. They are ok but the house is a complete loss.

Sorry to hear. Where is this?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Anybody willing to share Steve's (@Amos_Umwhat) phone number? Send me a PM.

Update: Steve sent me a PM.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@deadman said:

He was in Dover but just bought this new house.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@deadman said:

I drove through Dover yesterday, I didn't see much damage from hwy 79, but the line of cars at McDonald's told me that it must have hit nearby. Every open eatery was crowded, so I knew that there were at least significant power outages.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@deadman said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@deadman said:

I drove through Dover yesterday, I didn't see much damage from hwy 79, but the line of cars at McDonald's told me that it must have hit nearby. Every open eatery was crowded, so I knew that there were at least significant power outages.

Not sure haven’t seen any pictures. He is just northeast of Dover around Hwy 120 I believe

• Options

@deadman said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@deadman said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@deadman said:

Not sure haven’t seen any pictures. He is just northeast of Dover around Hwy 120 I believe

They were everywhere. Places right across the street from a building that was leveled showed no damage. Terrible to behold.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good news is that at least 90 of the people in the factory are accounted for and alive and well.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t know what I could do from here, but if any of you guys, or your fams, down there in the KY area need anything I can help with just holler..

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 How does your 'real feel' get warmer than the actual temp?

Are you seeing any sunlight these days?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

No idea. Rh perhaps? It’s dead calm and seriously dry so it dosen’t feel nearly as cold as it is. A couple knots of breeze and things can get lethal. We’re getting light around 11 AM and it’s full dark again by 3 PM…but things turn around next week. We start gaining daylight next Thursday. There are a couple days where things don’t change either side of the Solistice.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

64*F and gloomy

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable amount of destruction. We have a lot of tornadoes around here, the one that took out Joplin and another that just missed the North side of town was on the ground for 7 miles and took out another small town, Pierce City. The time on the ground is amazing.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s about 48 degrees here and raining like a cow pissin’ on a flat rock…. Looks like my first chance for a cigar will be Friday… 🙄

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

51 and rain here with some winds and flood watch so I'm holing up in the garage.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

High noon in the sub arctic

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Later today we are expected to have 60 mph winds and flash freezing. The storm is gonna move fast and come on without warning. This is after two days of a lot of snow melting. So ice will be everywhere.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha...ha... @Rdp77, what I mean is that it won't come on gradually, but escalate quickly once it hits.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn Paul, stay safe

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

84*F Partly Cloudy... Yes it's been in the 90's for Christmas before! Send the Cold!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.