Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was 71 yesterday. According to what I read the warmest day in Dec. in 90 years up here. The Times They Are A Changin'. Nice to be able to burn one outside.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had 74 here yesterday and now today it will be lucky to reach 45. Local news is claiming it to be “the warmest December on record” just four days in lol. Three years ago we had 16 days in December over 70. Last year we had snow on Halloween. All you can do is go with what each day gives you.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been in the -25 to -35 range for 2 weeks or so. It did warm up a bit Wednesday to -10 for a few hours… Might actually have a proper winter for a change.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep that **** up there, will ya. Thanks in advance.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the lovely winter wonderland. Thanks for the photos!

Any luck hanging those icicle lights?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe after nap time. I made a soup in the crockpot and 4 pounds of bacon. Which I don't know exactly why we needed 4 lbs I just do what I'm told.. And decorating cookies now if I can continue to do other dad things and not get in trouble ill do anything to watch football and not put up those icicle lights. I'd like to go start a fire and smoke a cigar but if I do that I think she'll tell me I also have time to hang those darn lights.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here it is 10 degrees and sunny, no snow yet, but we do have wind gusts up around 30-40 mph. The wind makes it biting cold outside.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

edited December 2021

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjFdypP/
    I know tiktok is -5 points buts it's the kids and I couldn't figure out how to post the actual video.

That's sawyer the oldest and nova the youngest

Post edited by Jrflickster on
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

an unusual for here 60° this evening .

Right now it is 19 degrees and snowy. It is a light and fluffy snow, though, so it is rather pleasant and pretty.

This is how my weather is right now, and more snow just started falling. Soon I'll get to use my new snowblower. :)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cute pic; your kid needs a kid-sized shovel:
    https://www.forsmallhands.com/child-size-snow-shovel

@silvermouse said:
    Cute pic; your kid needs a kid-sized shovel:
    https://www.forsmallhands.com/child-size-snow-shovel

He likes the big ones, makes him feel like a grownup. :)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't have to get up early but I set my alarm so I could be weather aware as the severe weather with tornado watch rolled through my area. @MrShrek Glenn and I live in Rutherford County and things have quietened down over the past hour and the severe weather threat is now diminished for us. Prayers for those affected by damage, injury and loss of life.

I just watched a report on a town just over the border in Kentucky that has reported 50+ deaths and the KY governor said he expected that count to rise to maybe 70 or 100.

50-70 deaths? Must have hit a trailer park. Not joking, those things are like paper in a tornado.

Glad to hear you guys are good just logged on to see what was mentioned about it from guys here.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    50-70 deaths? Must have hit a trailer park. Not joking, those things are like paper in a tornado.

Roof of a factory collapsed with people inside

Damn!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, a candle factory working 24/7 for the holidays with about 100 people inside in KY. I'm glad @Bob_Luken, @MrShrek, @Jrflickster are all ok and I pray for the others.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayfield Ky is 20 miles north of my house. Flattened. Dresden, my home town, has over 100 homes and buildings damaged, many are now just rubble. My house is OK, but may be days before power is restored. Power poles snapped, lines are down across streets and buildings. Thanks to all who asked or showed concern.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited December 2021

@Yakster said:
    Yeah, a candle factory working 24/7 for the holidays with about 100 people inside in KY. I'm glad @Bob_Luken, @MrShrek, @Rdp77, @Amos_Umwhat are all ok and I pray for the others.

FIFY I just got 10" of snow no biggie up here in the woods but I appreciate it @Yakster :*

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heard from my nephew. They are ok but the house is a complete loss.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the gas station where I used to buy cigars sometimes

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@peter4jc I did it