Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lupilin? That's a SD beer if I'm not mistaken.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Yes lupilin says big lake MN
    Edit lupulin

We're both right I guess

I never doubted you bud ;) it's a great beer the peanut butter one is also good

I need me a couple of those does it make you feel like summer is almost here?

@Jrflickster said:
    I need me a couple of those does it make you feel like summer is almost here?

Not even a little bit

@CharlieHeis look at this weird beer I found

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son had an opened pickle soda in the fridge for months before I finally tossed it

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TBonz said:
    The brewery where my sons work does a Pickle Lager called PickleTown...,It definitely tastes like a dill pickle. There are several customers that always ask for it and say it is their favorite beer. I am not part of that group although I will say it can be refreshing on a hot day.

I like pickles quite a bit, but I find when companies make pickle flavored products they tend to overdo it. I would definitely give a pickle lager a try though.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

I tried the Dickel Pickle, where you take a shot of Dickel whiskey followed by a shot of pickle brine, with a single batch Dickel and found that the pickle wiped out all of the flavor of the whiskey. I guess that'd be a good thing if your drinking rotgut, but it was a waste with a fine whiskey.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying another new-to-me beer tonight.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a gripe. Who's surprised? Lol.

At any rate, increasingly when I go to buy beer more and more of the cooler space is wasted on what I call "Kinderbeer". I'm talking about things with names like Mango-rita, Kinky Strawberry, Watermelon. Not your Granny's Lemonade. Essentially, flavored diluted grain alcohol designed for people who lack sufficient gustatory sense to appreciate the combination of Barley, Hops, Water and Yeast. Shops that used to have extensive collections including a wide variety of fine beers and ales are now prostituting their cooler space for alcoholic bubblegum in a bottle.

What's left? Nastural Light, Miller lite, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra-no carbs, no color, no flavor, no alcohol to speak of. And, of course, O'douls, Milwaukee's Best NA.

Bleah!

Where's my Scotch Ale? Belgian Trippel? Moved aside for Kinderbeer. At least Boone's Farm pretended to be wine. Bring that crap back to sell to these taste challenged freaks and keep them out of the beer cooler.

Rant over.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat I feel your pain. As someone that works in the alcohol industry I can tell you that it’s only going to get worse. The main reasons are greed and weak mindedness. All of the bullshìt seltzers and fruity garbage you see these days is much much cheaper to manufacture.

There is no aging or fermentation time. There is no malt to be grown, bought, and/or roasted. It is made as simply as a soda. Very cheaply and cost efficiently yet they are still able to command a premium price.

That is where the weak mindedness comes into play. If they show enough commercials, pay the right celebrities, and bombard social media with “influencers” drinking them…well, I mean you just have to have it don’t you?

It was the same way when the ipa craze first took off. IPAs are cheaper, quicker, and easier to make than your traditional lagers and ales so it amazingly became the “in” thing. The same thing is happening now just on a much larger scale due to these companies mastering the combination of social media and weak minds. They tell the majority of the general population what they want these days. Not the other way around. 

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I just typed out a lengthy response but it has to be approved for some reason. 🙄

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Well, I just typed out a lengthy response but it has to be approved for some reason. 🙄

Probably because I used the word "prostituting". You're suspected of seeking services by responding. Just my paranoid kidding! I look forward to the approval by whatever entity is tasked to do such things.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

I approve.

Hope that helps...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

edited April 2022

Most of the time messages are flagged for moderation due to some mention of another user by their user tag, like @Rdp77. You could try to rewrite the message without the user tag reference and it may go through.

Messages awaiting moderator approval may also queue up. One time a moderator did a batch approval of the old messages which flooded the forum with old messages and duplicates that were no longer relevant.

Maybe @webdev could chime in.

The coolers are set a certain way based on sales. When something unexpected takes off like seltzer "beers" and every brand comes out with one, the set needs to be changed to account for it. My work has a great selection of beer but I still can't find many stouts. Every new brand that comes in gets their flagship boring lager, ipa and sour beer spotted in but the distributor opted not to carry their stout because of recent history. It's all about sales.