Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Yakster said:
    Trying out a Luciano The Dreamer after a long, failed struggle trying to replace a shower valve. It has a nice oily wrapper and the first third is hitting me like cedar and motor oil. Looks like I'll have to cut the handle of the shower off the valve stem to replace the cartridge.

LFD on deck.

Mixing valve?

Yeah, can't get the handle off, I'm going to have to cut off the handle because the set screw won't budge. Tried head, cold spray, everything.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you couldn't get it off with head, it ain't coming off.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe too late, but hitting a nail set on the corroded set screw a bunch of times will often free it. Chromed pot metal fixtures suck.

I did try hitting the end of the hex wrench to try and free it, no joy. I've ordered a replacement set.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I did try hitting the end of the hex wrench to try and free it, no joy. I've ordered a replacement set.

Try some coke or even lime/lemmon juice to dissolve the crud, heat it up with a single flame torch, tap it and then press in hard with the head ofvthe screw driver, you can put a rubber band over the driver head if the screw head is a bit stripped and not a tight fit.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TruDog said:

@VegasFrank said:

Yo Ug;ly but I DiG ya....

That's funny because it's what I said to your mom last night bro.

😘

Don't look ↑

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Yakster said:

Try some coke or even lime/lemmon juice to dissolve the crud, heat it up with a single flame torch, tap it and then press in hard with the head ofvthe screw driver, you can put a rubber band over the driver head if the screw head is a bit stripped and not a tight fit.

Will try, but vinegar and WD40 didn't help.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Burn it