Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, @Newt .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• NewtNewt Posts: 5

Thanks for the input folks. I turned to the reviews to get some ideas. I'm attempting to develop a passable palette to separate the turds from the diamonds. Like anything, you don't learn overnight. As suggested a took a look at the "what are you smoking tonight" and it did my heart good to see I wasn't the only redneck smoking in his garage! By redneck I mean that in the fondest of ways!

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ronhancock77 welcome to the forum. This is generally the thread people use to introduce and tell a little about themselves. Pull up a chair and to quote one of the resident curmudgeons “read the room a little” and jump in.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Hey @Voodooonyoo, this is the proper place to introduce yourself. Unless you're above it, seeing as how you think you're above the other humidor help threads. Come on, don't be a Frank, do things the right way.

Post edited by Hobbes86 on

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• ronhancock77ronhancock77 Posts: 11 ✭✭

Only been smoking cigar a few years, but have learned a lot and hope to learn more. Actually started smoking a pipe and after about 6 months, tried my first cigar. It was a Montecristo #2. I only knew to ask for it from watching "How I Met Your Mother". Glad Robin didn't steer me wrong. ;)

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to meet @ronhancock77 hope you stick around and stop by the vherf sometime

@ronhancock77 said:
    Only been smoking cigar a few years, but have learned a lot and hope to learn more. Actually started smoking a pipe and after about 6 months, tried my first cigar. It was a Montecristo #2. I only knew to ask for it from watching "How I Met Your Mother". Glad Robin didn't steer me wrong. ;)

We’ve got a pretty good little pipe community here too. As far as wanting to learn more, there is allll kinds of knowledge here and we’ll be glad to give it to you whether you want it or not lol. Welcome. Stick around. And to really get to know a bunch of the guys jump on the vherf sometime. There are usually a few on each night of the week sometime after 8-8:30 est.

• ronhancock77ronhancock77 Posts: 11 ✭✭

vherf?

@ronhancock77 said:
    vherf?

It’s a zoom meeting we get on and smoke and solve the world’s problems lol. I tagged you in the thread

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

@SCGRIFFITH7010
    Tell us about yourself

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNBigfoot68 said:
    Bump

Thank you Paul for reminding us we are doing a great job keeping new folk away.

😂

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@TNBigfoot68 said:
    Bump

Thank you Paul for reminding us we are doing a great job keeping new folk away.

😂

Give me your tired, your poor, your newbies longing to be wise ...

Nah! Skrewdat!

It's like our own homemade immigration policy. Meet 'em at the border and hit them back first, before they try to hit us...

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they'd just stay off our lawns, all would be good.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Nolagizmo said:
    Hi I'm mikie.

Welcome back Mikie! Get on the vHerf tonight!

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@Nolagizmo said:
    Hi I'm mikie.

Welcome back Mikie! Get on the vHerf tonight!

Tomorrow. I'm off Sunday and Monday.

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."

Welcome Mikie

Welcome back @Nolagizmo .

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nolagizmo said:
    Hi I'm mikie. I used to live here then I got pregnant and lost my extra cigar cash. My kid is great and self sufficient. So I have an early new years resolution. I'm. Back.

I got pregnant? Hmmm....or hell welcome back.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Welcome back @Nolagizmo

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, @Icemanxxxv.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, @Icemanxxxv

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

Welcome @Icemanxxxv

Welcome aboard @Icemanxxxv .

Glad to have you @Icemanxxxv, do you know Paul @Trykflyr_1 from Alaska?
    Welcome aboard

That seems racist paul

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're both aircraft mechanics. Is that a protected class?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )