Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing a pattern here... ordered a box of Audiophiles and received a box of Molotovs. Must be having some busy days in the industry and everybody's rushing to get stuff shipped.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

I missed UPS yesterday, adult signature required, and they're late with the redelivery today. Hate is a strong word, more like annoyed.

The tobacco just showed up.

Post edited by Yakster on
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Somebody else cropdusting in the supermarket.

You're just mad, cause you didn't get the chance. 🤣🤣

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to Google “cropdusting in the supermarket”.

Maybe they pooped themselves.

What’s the slang term for that?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

"Sharting"

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Bob_Luken said:

"Sharting"

Yes, of course, but I was thinking more like a full load, and not just a shart.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hate this whole adulting thing!

edited December 2022

When I drop my ~1934 WDC (William Demuth Company) Bing Billiard on the cement floor of the garage and lose half a bowl of 2019 Tabac Manil - Réserve du Patron (Pure Semois). The pipe doesn't appear to be much worse for wear at least.

I also dropped my cheap Clipper long-neck lighter which suffered no damage whatsoever.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the top of the cork breaks off and leaves a stub in the neck of a bottle of whiskey.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have half a bottle of Dalmore 12 like this. I'll give your method a try, Rusty. Thanks.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

A porous southern border.

Sanctuary cities that get fussy when you bus in illegal-immigrants. Which they claim to welcome and want.

Politicians that defend the borders of other countries while ignoring their own.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@Hobbes86 said:

That reminds me... I haven't seen or heard anything from Vision Pete in a while. LOL

One of the downsides of living at the North Pole.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be interesting getting two weeks norice in by Tuesday/ ;)

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Convincing myself that getting up at 8am is a good idea. Now it's 10:30 and I'm done with my coffee, and there's nothing to do. I guess I could eat something.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zealots of any stripe.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jealously. Jealously brings so much evil to this world and the people of it and thats why I hate it and the people who experience it and use it to harm others.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@d_blades said:

Guess that ain't gonna happen.

But where does it say you have to give 2 weeks notice?
    I mean, I don't have a lot of experience leaving jobs. This is only the 3rd job I've had in almost 40 years and I retired from the previous one, so quitting and going somewhere else is not something I have a lot of experience in.
    But is their some rule you have to give 2 weeks notice?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@d_blades said:

I mean, I don't have a lot of experience leaving jobs. This is only the 3rd job I've had in almost 40 years and I retired from the previous one, so quitting and going somewhere else is not something I have a lot of experience in.

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but if you’re serious: If you apply to a new job and that job calls this place to ask about you, then this place is going to trash you even if you did good work, because you left before they could hire your replacement. You don’t “have to” give notice but it’s a good idea if you can.

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@0patience said:

@d_blades said:

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but if you’re serious: If you apply to a new job and that job calls this place to ask about you, then this place is going to trash you even if you did good work, because you left before they could hire your replacement. You don’t “have to” give notice but it’s a good idea if you can.

I am serious. I've never understood the 2 weeks notice thing.
    I've seen companies lay people off with no notice, then get pissed when someone quits with little notice.

I see what you are saying.
    But honestly, I have the new job and it will be the last job I ever have.
    Where I am now, knew I wouldn't be there long, when they hired me and I've actually been there longer than we both figured.
    So it really won't be a surprise to them.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@0patience said:

@d_blades said:

I am serious. I've never understood the 2 weeks notice thing.
    I've seen companies lay people off with no notice, then get pissed when someone quits with little notice.

I see what you are saying.
    But honestly, I have the new job and it will be the last job I ever have.
    Where I am now, knew I wouldn't be there long, when they hired me and I've actually been there longer than we both figured.
    So it really won't be a surprise to them.

Think of it like arguing with your wife, just because she did the same thing a week ago does not make it ok for you to do today.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience
    Many employers do not expect two weeks notice. Give what notice you can and don't sweat it.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17