Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tact:. ""the art of recognizing when to be big and when not to belittle"

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

My Samsung refrigerator that can't handle making ice and also doesn't regulate the drink drawer temperature so my wife thinks we need another new one. She might not be wrong it just bothers me.

Edit: spelling

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@peter4jc said:
    New people need to be doormats for 30 days. It's in the rules somewhere. If they get corrected by senior members, even if they're not wrong, they have to pretend, sorta like being married.

At least, pretend, so more real men with real jobs don't get triggered.

I read @Bob_Luken's mind... His job, like (I'll wager) more than half the guys here, can't be done remotely. This alarmed him, that so many could be overlooked. Or maybe I should just shut up and only post when I find something worthwhile.

@TRayB joined in December. It's now January. He's been hear 2 months.
    2 months is longer than 30 days

Hahaha, is that new math?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    My Samsung refrigerator that can't handle making ice and also doesn't regulate the drink drawer temperature so my wife thinks we need another new one. She might not be wrong it just bothers me.

Have you checked the vents down low in the front where it brings in fresh air? Might improve performance if you vacuum out any obstructions like dust bunnies or cat hair. Well, dust bunnies anyway. You got those freaky hairless cats, I know.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@Jrflickster said:

Have you checked the vents down low in the front where it brings in fresh air? Might improve performance if you vacuum out any obstructions like dust bunnies or cat hair. Well, dust bunnies anyway. You got those freaky hairless cats, I know.

The ice thing is a Samsung issue with this style it constantly freezes up I used to be able to throw Lindsay's hair dryer in it and.be good to go for another week or 2 now it only works for a week every 3rd month I sware the display on the drink drawer went out like a year ago and it loves to freeze umbrella beer

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Furnace is dead. House is 61 degrees.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

My house is 65 too.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Takes the wood stove a few hours to get our house up to 60.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Furnace is dead. House is 61 degrees.

Always happens on the weekend. Good luck Frank.

• Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    ^^^ Furnace is live, house is 65. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

@First_Warrior said:
    I checked the cost of a pneumonia shot at a local pharmacy and was surprised that it was $300 bucks. I hate the fact that most folks are victims of the health care industry.

Agree! And AMEN!!

Big Pharma + Insurance industry's rape of the American public is quite possibly the largest organized crime spree in the history of this or any other country.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may have already told this, but.
    We went to the pharmacy to pick up some of my meds and we were a little early and the insurance declined it.
    Then the pharmacist said that it was around $18.76 if I wait for the insurance and around $8.67 if we don't use insurance and pick it up right then. (I don't recall the exact numbers, but the dollars were correct.)
    WTF??
    How?? How can it be cheaper without insurance

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Your insurance probably requires name brand and the cheaper price was probably Generic
    Edit: if it was same stuff then idk

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    Your insurance probably requires name brand and the cheaper price was probably Generic
    Edit: if it was same stuff then idk

Same stuff. Albuterol and Lisiniprol
    Both were cheaper without insurance.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve asked the same question at least a hundred times to pharmacies and my insurance company. I’ve never gotten a straight answer. I asked a local hometown pharmacist if it was some form of insurance fraud and he didn’t deny it.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big pharma and the insurance companies might have some type of kick back in place.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    edited January 2023

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/10/americans-lean-heavily-on-credit-cards-amid-inflation.html

46% are paying at on average 19% interest....
    While banks are paying less than 1% on savings....

• Options

I really hate banks and loan officers.
    I mean I despise them.
    They are the scum other earth.
    I swear their prime objective is to decline every loan.
    Or make it so impossible that people just give up.
    Going after property, they first say that it is only worth half the Asking price and want $50k down.
    They have my bank statements and know that wouldn't leave enough to do everything we need.
    Then there was a problem with my credit, but not my wife's.

Even showing all the book keeping for it all, they still say that their info is correct, even though credit Karma and them say different.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like you need another bank.

• Options
    edited January 2023

@Rdp77 said:
    Looks like you need another bank.

Yep. Realtor is sending me to another bank.
    Part of the problem is that I have only been at this employer for a month. The 26 years at the prior employer means nothing.
    Even though I also get a pension.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: