Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comcast

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having to take a break every 1/2 hour after moderate exertion.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being told to expect a package on a specific day and not receiving it on said day. Then checking the tracking number and finding the USPS is still awaiting the package...

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    Being told to expect a package on a specific day and not receiving it on said day. Then checking the tracking number and finding the USPS is still awaiting the package...

If it’s being sent surepost put the tracking number into ups and see what they come up with. Surepost and another use UPS and then hand off at usps usually at your local post office

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    If it’s being sent surepost put the tracking number into ups and see what they come up with. Surepost and another use UPS and then hand off at usps usually at your local post office

Thanks Rusty, UPS says June 6th. It's a bummer, I'm really looking forward to what I ordered.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having to disable and re-enable a device in the device manager to get the battery indicator to show up in the taskbar.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

That they killed off flash. I have dozens of games I downloaded in .swf format and none of them will play.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to print out the manual for my stupid projection alarm clock, finding the manual online, telling it to print page 4, where it tells me how to set the time and time zone. Somehow, it decided to print all 24 pages of the manual, plus another 6 pages of the manual for the remote temp transmitter, and the same thing again but in Spanish. Too bad my printer is faster than me at figuring out how to cancel a print job. Talk about wasted paper and ink.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Trying to print out the manual for my stupid projection alarm clock, finding the manual online, telling it to print page 4, where it tells me how to set the time and time zone. Somehow, it decided to print all 24 pages of the manual, plus another 6 pages of the manual for the remote temp transmitter, and the same thing again but in Spanish. Too bad my printer is faster than me at figuring out how to cancel a print job. Talk about wasted paper and ink.

My heart goes out to you, Peter. Printer ink isn't cheap.

• Options

The best thing about this mess is that it's a laser printer.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

What the hell is a projection alarm clock?

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're great, don't have to get up and put on your glasses to check the time.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that link but what the hell do you need an alarm clock for Peter?

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleaning gutters, my ancient gutter guards are not doing the job they were designed for. Any suggestions for replacements that don't cost a fortune?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Probably cheaper to hire someone to clean them for you each year.

• Options

You can make your own out of stiff screen.

• Options

Belongs in the Things you can say at a Herf & in the sack.

• Options

Thieves.
    Hundreds of vegetables, plants stolen from Newton Community Farm in Massachusetts

https://www.wcvb.com/article/vegetable-plant-theft-newton-community-farm-massachusetts/44162136

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes you think Sharia law isn't such a bad thing

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

I’m not sure I’d go that far…but the lack of punishment that’s went in for so long has let things get out of hand.

• Options

We need more prisons. double the current amount.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

I’m not sure I’d go that far…but the lack of punishment that’s went in for so long has let things get out of hand.

True. Just a little emotionally driven hyperbole on my part.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Public hangings and firing squad’s would work better.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.