Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Daily or weekly updates on an app and if need be a zoom call work just fine for me. I'm not going to take off early to go talk in person when technology allows other options.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they cross over the line, they're fair game.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    OK, but, when the road and city planners think that 5 inches of tarmac is sufficient to designate as a "bicycle lane", how's that going to work out?

Of course, when I think about bicycle lanes I think of the one's where I lived in Europe, because, well, they actually had bicycle lanes. People could walk there, too. And cross the street without having to dodge multiple lanes of traffic.

And we wonder why we have an obesity problem.

And the seeming response to the obesity problem is to scream "fat-shamer" at anyone foolish enough to point out that we have an obesity problem.

We, inclusive, I'm still tipping the scales at 260 or so.

I miss bicycle lanes.

Well, in the spirit of sharing the road with bicyclists… Bicyclists should also have to procure a license, registration, insurance to put towards the road tax if they truly want us to ‘share’ the road with them. Just saying…🤔🤫🤫

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

I assume that's meant as facetious humor. Any other explanation is, well, demeaning, to say the very least.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

There’s a reason why I extend my truck mirrors ALL the way out 😜😜

• Options

@Jrflickster said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    There’s a reason why I extend my truck mirrors ALL the way out 😜😜

Let me guess...dodge

Of course Dodge 🤩💯. Is there any other choice…short answer NO 😜

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it's a RAM.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited November 2023

To be clear, I love my Dodge Ram Longhorn with the 5.7l Hemi engine. It's awesome in every way.

With that said, apologies for letting my concern for a serious topic override my sense of humor on this subject. 30 seconds of serious pro and con societal cost/benefit analysis and it's a simple matter to see that the benefits to everyone, everywhere in the world that would derive from reformation of our personal transport systems, to include bicycles and realistic public transportation, will far outweigh the personal satisfaction of each of us demanding our "Right" to operate single vehicles that are rapidly consuming and destroying our world.

I shouldn't have to explain farther. It would take too much of my time, and, if I have to explain, well, those requiring explanation wouldn't understand it.

Now, with that out of the way, I've also seen, here in America, bicyclists who seem to think that everyone on the road should slow down to their speed as they pedal slowly up the hill on a main thoroughfare. I say here in America, because elsewhere they have real bicycle lanes. At any rate, I admit that it is tempting to give them a nudge to get them the hell off the roadway. People have places to go and the only way you CAN get there is by automobile.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I ride bikes too. My just has a motor and a throttle and you can hear me coming blocks away…😎🤣🤣

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    I ride bikes too. My just has a motor and a throttle and you can hear me coming blocks away…😎🤣🤣

Mine's kind of quiet.

Nice!!! Common ground 🤙🏼…nice bargain price for $7.29 good deal🤣🤣🤣. I have always wanted to try out a beemer.

• Options

Oh, this is the Things I hate thread, so, I hate that I didn't also keep my FXR. Best bike Harley ever built. One mans opinion.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

misogyny

https://phys.org/news/2023-11-internet-fueling-misogyny-linguistics-expert.html

Professor Cameron adds, "Sexist and misogynist language is everywhere, it's insidious, and in an age when we're often told it's no longer a problem the forms it takes can be subtle. To fight it we need to be able to see it and understand how it works, and that's really what this book is for."

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Misandry.

Wonder if the good professor even considered it before writing a book that is full of it.

• Options

The World is under attack by Evil. Its weapons are chaos, hate, madness, revenge, pride, war, and all of the "isms", Pride needs to mentioned twice, the list goes on. And we're all suckers for it.

The greatest teacher of all time, with supreme inside information and awareness walked among us teaching and warning and instructing, finally even giving up his earthly life to try to inform us of what we are, and who we should be.

And still we don't hear, don't see, and fly to evil as surely as the flames fly upward.

Help us, Lord.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Oh, this is the Things I hate thread, so, I hate that I didn't also keep my FXR. Best bike Harley ever built. One mans opinion.

I just so happen to have a ‘93 FXR I’m letting go but still haven’t posted online

• Options

@11thGenSoutherner said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

I just so happen to have a ‘93 FXR I’m letting go but still haven’t posted online

See PM

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

No pics? Booo!