Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Had a bad tooth in the back of my mouth for a while. I broke it Monday morning while brushing my teeth. Had a sharp edge that was slicing into my tongue for about 26 hours. Dentist took a file to it to remove the sharp edge but it's still touching the cut up area of my tongue. Going back tomorrow to have the tooth removed.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Had a bad tooth in the back of my mouth for a while. I broke it Monday morning while brushing my teeth. Had a sharp edge that was slicing into my tongue for about 26 hours. Dentist took a file to it to remove the sharp edge but it's still touching the cut up area of my tongue. Going back tomorrow to have the tooth removed.

Been there, and it SUCKS!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the bowl games suck except for the two that decide the outcome of the championship because all the teams are decimated by internal breakups..... departed coaches, departed coordinators and key players departed to the transfer portal or opting out to prepare for the NFL draft. Until we have a realistic playoff schedule, the bowls are not good football.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    All the bowl games suck except for the two that decide the outcome of the championship because all the teams are decimated by internal breakups..... departed coaches, departed coordinators and key players departed to the transfer portal or opting out to prepare for the NFL draft. Until we have a realistic playoff schedule, the bowls are not good football.

The whole landscape changes next year with a 12 team playoff. In my opinion the transfer portal and the way they went about the NIL situation has ruined the college game. It’s simply the NFL minor leagues now.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

If fcs can do a 24 team bracket, so can fbs. They would do better to skip the bowl system. It’s obsolete. The Bowls, as individual organizations are selfish and have held back progress for decades now. Screw ‘em!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

My piriformis syndrome acting up.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you fell better soon, Patrick. My Wife has been having something flare up in her leg that's been exacerbated by the road trip.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    My piriformis syndrome acting up.

Is that a muscle or joint issue?

• Options

It’s a muscle issue. My hip muscle puts pressure on my sciatic nerve, this is very uncomfortable, but as long as I walk normal it won’t do any lasting damage. It affects my leg and lower back.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Thanks Chris, your wife should get checked out, better safe than sorry.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    It’s a muscle issue. My hip muscle puts pressure on my sciatic nerve, this is very uncomfortable, but as long as I walk normal it won’t do any lasting damage. It affects my leg and lower back.

Thanks for the education, hadn't heard of that. Sounds a bit like my issues with lumbar stenosis only that is a spinal degeneration pinching the sciatic nerve. Getting old is so entertaining, lol.

• Options

Thanks Edward, more things I have to look forward to. I’m sorry you have that, I hope it doesn’t cause you to much pain.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

My son had a bout with that last year. Believe it or not, he says that playing hockey makes it better. Skate up!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Patrickbrick said:

My son had a bout with that last year. Believe it or not, he says that playing hockey makes it better. Skate up!

Probably just moved the pain.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26

When a cigar company puts out a blend that is really good but doesn't state its only available for a limited time. Or when they discontinue a blend and don't give a warning so you can stock up.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comet, sci-fi channel, has been QVC for the last two days. Tried reprogramming channels to no avail. I'm missing the final season of Grimm as a marathon on Comet.😡

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walk it off, Steve, walk it off.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Waking up to find that an articulating joint that worked just fine without pain yesterday, doesn't want to behave that same way today. And then, wondering, "what did I do?", and coming up with nothing. Just is what it is.

Pizz, moan, grumble grumble...

Isn't every joint a joint that articulates?

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17