Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

@ShawnOL said:
    Tree frogs that never shut up.

We have Colorado River toads that come out with the monsoons, can kill your dog if they lick their backs that have a venomous gland that secretes a magical elixir that humans dry and smoke for a psychedelic high. Go figure.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/dont-lick-this-toad-national-park-service-says-180981092/

Post edited by dirtdude on
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a good thing they put out that warning. I was just about to go on a toad licking tour.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake people.

• Options

This workday. The last hour is going to be excruciating.

• Options

When they make the cap of a cigar too small and it unravels when you cut it.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    When folks use the politically correct term "harvest" when hunting or fishing. You harvest carrots dam it. When you hunt or fish and are successful you kill.

I always thought that harvest meant you butchered the kill yourself instead of taking it somewhere to get it done. I don't know anything about hunting though, that's just what I assumed it meant.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

I saw something about home grown eggs that bothered me. I didn't realize that you can grow eggs; these weren't plant based eggs.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@First_Warrior said:
    When folks use the politically correct term "harvest" when hunting or fishing. You harvest carrots dam it. When you hunt or fish and are successful you kill.

I always thought that harvest meant you butchered the kill yourself instead of taking it somewhere to get it done. I don't know anything about hunting though, that's just what I assumed it meant.

I agree with @First_Warrior.

@CalvinAndHobo Perhaps you may be thinking of field dressing…to pack out a kill easier…until you get home and perform desired cuts…and don’t forget the sausage lol.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

No I'm not saying I'm still correct in thinking that. I'm just saying I had been incorrectly thinking of what that word meant for years. It made me remember some conversations I'd had in the past, where I was imagining my coworkers family members butchering a deer in their garage.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I saw something about home grown eggs that bothered me. I didn't realize that you can grow eggs; these weren't plant based eggs.

Organic eggs is a term that floors me.
    I saw organic plant soil the other day and just thought to myself that this BS is really going too far.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Only self-interested people, willing to make Shady deals, can go far enough to grab power.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Black legged deer ticks.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brutal indeed.

• Options

Was she at least pretty or have big titz?

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Teachers hold parent(s) and computers responsible, parents hold their work-life and teachers responsible...

One seventh grade teacher said his students are still performing at a fourth grade level

https://www.foxnews.com/media/teachers-sound-alarm-students-failing-grade-level-standards

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

An old friend's son-in-law was just diagnosed with Grade 4 Glioblastoma brain cancer. 34 years old, with a 4 month old baby, his first child.

• Options

That really sucks, thoughts and prayers for the family.

• Options

That not only sucks, it blows, too. Sorry to hear of it.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Teachers hold parent(s) and computers responsible, parents hold their work-life and teachers responsible...

One seventh grade teacher said his students are still performing at a fourth grade level

https://www.foxnews.com/media/teachers-sound-alarm-students-failing-grade-level-standards

At a recent parent-teacher conference for my daughter, I noticed there were very few students or parents in the school. I asked my daughter's math teacher how conference attendance today compared with earlier in his career (he is around 40 years old). He told me that in the beginning his day was booked solid with conferences, but now he only sees a few parents each year.

It seems to me that the first place parents who are unsatisfied with their children's academics, should look, is at themselves. There is far too much apathy from parents these days.

(Just an FYI, I wasn't previously aware of the low number of parents attending parent-teacher conferences at public schools because my daughter was homeschooled until high school)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

From being married to a teacher, the focus seems to have shifted from attending parent teacher conferences to get progress updates to exchanging emails and phone calls more real-time. I don't think it's been an improvement, and I do think that parent involvement is dropping too.