Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Necessary evils 🤔

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

That the people filling my prescriptions can't count. Three prescriptions, same daily usage, 30 days each, they run out on different days.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

See "What you smoking this morning"

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a great spot to smoke to me.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scraping the bloody windshield in the dark at 20 degrees.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

When a customer comes in speaking zero English and repeatedly says the same thing, over and over in their own language, expecting me to understand them.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

When a mouth-breather in the shipping dept. decides to put 50 loose cigars that have no cellophane into a big ziplock where they can slosh around and get busted up. 18 out of 50 are salvageable.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    When a mouth-breather in the shipping dept. decides to put 50 loose cigars that have no cellophane into a big ziplock where they can slosh around and get busted up. 18 out of 50 are salvageable.

What company?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

My goodness, what a waste!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

daily reports of data leaks and breaches and ransomware attacks, cyber warfare targeting infrastructure, and why it is so difficult to stop.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting up in the middle of the night to piss and stepping on a goat-head, one legged hopping while screaming, losing balance and face planting into the wall before hitting the ground. That effing sucked @$$.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

@Rdp77 said:
    Forgetting where I left my extra goat head

Wtf???

Regional thing. In many places there is a grassy weed that produces bunches of sharp thorny seeds, I think they're seeds, that love to work their way into or onto ones shoes or socks, track into the house, and they hurt like crap when they reach their final goal, your foot.

That thorny seed is called a goat head.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Forgetting where I left my extra goat head

Wtf???

Regional thing. In many places there is a grassy weed that produces bunches of sharp thorny seeds, I think they're seeds, that love to work their way into or onto ones shoes or socks, track into the house, and they hurt like crap when they reach their final goal, your foot.

That thorny seed is called a goat head.

Thank you for that clarification. That’s a new one on me.
    Now I wonder if I should retract the s.o.s. I was going to send out for @Stubble 🤔

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Just found out the uninsured cost for a drug I have been considering is $34,000 per year. There is an herb that suppresses Il-6 that may be a good substitute that costs about $30 per year. I despise big pharma.

I do as well Edward. Most of the things they develop in laboratories are derived from things found in nature. I’m guessing there are very few that there isn’t a natural substitute that can be found with the right research.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate not being able to sign in here. I was locked out somehow for a month

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's terrible.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

Sounds healthy for the ol' wallet.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@Diver43 said:

Sounds healthy for the ol' wallet.

Well, that doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying cigars and now and then the pipe.
    Had the daughter and son in law here for a week and he didn't bring cigars with him sooo yea but he is a good guy and supplies sticks when we visit them.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5