Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

The punishment should fit the crime.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found it! >:)
    https://youtu.be/5uxRor3IN_I
    There's also,.. a porcupine, a wrecking ball, an elephant, and a watermelon.
    https://youtu.be/RnTY1Dt6-0A

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been mentioned a few times here, but I can't remember in which thread, but... seriously, what is the deal with number of guests?? Tonight at one point there were 7 members and 1,100 guests online. I assume some kind of bots, it is just inconceivable (to me) there are actually 1,100 real people lurking or just checking things out. Does this concern anyone, or am I paranoid?

• Options
    edited July 2023

@silvermouse said:
    They're here for the laxative ads.

So you're saying they are full of sh*t? My question remains, though: Am I paranoid?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you :)

You aren't helping! :#

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea, probably zombie guests, sessions created by visitors that never cleared out.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited July 2023

@TRayB said:
    It's been mentioned a few times here, but I can't remember in which thread, but... seriously, what is the deal with number of guests?? Tonight at one point there were 7 members and 1,100 guests online. I assume some kind of bots, it is just inconceivable (to me) there are actually 1,100 real people lurking or just checking things out. Does this concern anyone, or am I paranoid?

It's definitely nefarious. There are tons of Nigerian Princes out there who now have access to sophisticated AI. Yes, artificial intelligence in the hands of scammers of average intelligence. They now have the ability to take our publicly available images and information from this forum and develop false images and information. Including very real videos of you saying and doing things you never said or did. Those of you on Facebook, have you ever gotten a "messenger" message from an old high school acquaintance asking you to click on an old photo? You know it's fishy, so you don't fall for it. But now, with AI, the scammer can create a video call, perhaps a live video call from someone that you regularly communicate with. And that's just one example of the advantage AI gives to the scammers.

Hey @TheCigarChick can you tell us if you are aware of the massive increase in visitors and if so, what you're doing to limit their access?

• Options

@TheCigarChick Thank you for taking good care of us. We noticed these massive increases and I assume the worst. Please do ask VanillaX if they know why our visitor numbers have massively increased lately, and if it's a problem that needs a solution.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always assumed it was just a bunch of randos spending time here, studying you and me, trying to learn the secret to our awesomeness so they could someday be as awesome as us.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    I always assumed it was just a bunch of randos spending time here, studying you and me, trying to learn the secret to our awesomeness so they could someday be as awesome as us.

That's how it starts, but when they realize they'll NEVER attain YOUR level of awesomeness, you cannot tell how they may act.

• Options
    edited July 2023

I’m not trying to start anything but,….. if she had used the term "Nigerian Prince" and I responded exactly as she responded to me,… "actually, many of these bots are Russian and East Asian" I would definitely be mansplaining.

• Options

I hate the word mansplaining, but I've occasionally used the word momsplaining with my Wife when she's talking to the kids.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate there are terms defining the explaination sometimes required to teach something to be an asset to society.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate that people differentiate what’s considered racist to fit their own standards…
    From Merriam-Webster …

So it sounds to me like this is a derogatory term that makes fun of Hispanics. Or maybe since it was a woman that made it popular it’s ok then.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't bother me a bit.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

. Tequila!

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Sorry Steve.

Thanks, nature happens.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tree frogs that never shut up.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.