Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

The idea of paying a capital gains tax when selling our house. Just because we haven't been here two years.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else read how uncle Joe is going to outlaw gas stoves?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I hate is that they keep pushing for “electrifying” everything and convince people that it reduces carbon emissions. And people fall for it.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

51% of the population is stupid.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    51% of the population is stupid.

That is the absolute minimum percentage.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    What I hate is that they keep pushing for “electrifying” everything and convince people that it reduces carbon emissions. And people fall for it.

If all the power comes from one source, it's much easier to control. Turn it off and everyone falls in line.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    99% of the population is stupid.

FIFY

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Health care is so expensive for the paying customers due to us covering the extraordinary amount of non-paying customers.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate that I never remember to trim those annoying hairs until I start looking like my grandpa.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Health care is so expensive for the paying customers due to us covering the extraordinary amount of non-paying customers.

Hear, hear!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

@Patrickbrick said:

Doesn't help that health care providers only get paid of percentage of the amount billed, by the government and the insurance companies. Self payers that actually pay can usually get a cash discount.

• Options

A large portion of what those of us who've had jobs and insurance are charged does indeed go to pay for those who never have and never will pay. A lot of people think "they'll just write it off their taxes" and feel no guilt. For most institutions write-off day, the day that they've written off the years worth of what they are allowed to write off, comes by the third week of January.

That's part of the problem.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Turns out I'm not going to be a grandpa after all. I feel so horribly bad for my daughter and son-in-law. They tried for soo long. It is what it is.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

That has to be tough. Sorry to hear.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Turns out I'm not going to be a grandpa after all. I feel so horribly bad for my daughter and son-in-law. They tried for soo long. It is what it is.

Sorry to hear. Just learned Christmas that my niece, who has been trying to get pregnant for several years, is now due this summer.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear, Shawn, my thoughts are with you and your family. This is much more common than many people realize, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Thank you for the kind words, guys.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this, Shawn.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

Sorry brother. Been there. We had 16 miscarriages, a couple pretty late term, before we finally figured out why. After that we went two-and-oh in two years before finally retiring the big gun.

It's a shítty deal brother, and no words make it better. After your family grieves, just remember that there's always hope.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

@ShawnOL said:

@ShawnOL, also sorry to hear this. When your children get married, you always hope the best for them, including their starting a family of their own. It's the natural way of things. When those hopes hit a roadblock, it can be difficult for all. Prayers for you and them.

ETA: With all due sensitivity to the situation and the emotional pain you all are feeling, maybe at some point in the future they might consider adoption. It may seem like "second-best", or a consolation prize, but if they have love to give, it may be a way for them to give it, while changing a small person's life forever. Just a thought. I wish I had done it when we were parenting.

• Options

I finally reached a person at the irs and they pretended they couldn't hear me. ****!!!

• Options

Well, the first person I spoke to said I would finally be getting my 2019 refund. She transferred me to someone else who said I shouldn't have been transferred to her. She then transferred me to a guy who told me my address was wrong, he couldn't help me with 2020 or 2021, he would get in trouble if he helped me any further and then hung up on me. FML.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Well, the first person I spoke to said I would finally be getting my 2019 refund. She transferred me to someone else who said I shouldn't have been transferred to her. She then transferred me to a guy who told me my address was wrong, he couldn't help me with 2020 or 2021, he would get in trouble if he helped me any further and then hung up on me. FML.

Always nice to know that your tax dollars are being spent on competency and efficiency in government.
    :D

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's bunk, you shouldn't have to put up with that nonsense, @ShawnOL.

I heard on the news that the debit cards that the IRS gave out containing people's refunds last year are being hacked and they recommend that you use them right away before your balance is drained.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Sitting at home on the sofa at 8pm, when my wife calls from 1.5 hours away and says "The car won't start. The engine won't do anything at all." Grrrr.
    Anyway, since I love her, I went to the auto parts store, got a new battery, drove 1.5 hours, installed the battery, and got home at 11:15pm.

• Options

Sitting at home on the sofa at 8pm, when my wife calls from 1.5 hours away and says "The car won't start. The engine won't do anything at all." Grrrr.
    Anyway, since I love her, I went to the auto parts store, got a new battery, drove 1.5 hours, installed the battery, and got home at 11:15pm.

• Options