Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, John. It sucks! Just had to lift my 300 lb bed to get the dog out! She can get under, but not out again! @IndustMech

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    The affect neighborhood fireworks, that shake our windows, have on our dog.

100% agree. With our old dog, 4th of July and New Years were always a stressful time.

We started our pups on loud noises when they were little to get them used to gunshots, fireworks and all, because our Pit/mastiff stressed so bad around fireworks.
    Now the pups don't even wake up around fireworks.

Last night the gunshots and fireworks here were a bit much and the pups gave a few muffled woofs and that was all.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, that sucks.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dayquil is your friend.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate rain!!
    I mean I really hate rain.
    After living 50 years in one the wettest areas in the nation, you would think I could tolerate one or 2 days of solid rain.

Nope! Still hate it.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Wait till you get a couple or more of hot dry months...

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

That every time I get a new set of measuring spoons, the wifes sacrifices The one tablespoon measurer for her canned coffee.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitting at home on the sofa at 8pm, when my wife calls from 1.5 hours away and says "The car won't start. The engine won't do anything at all." Grrrr.
    Anyway, since I love her, I went to the auto parts store, got a new battery, drove 1.5 hours, installed the battery, and got home at 11:15pm.

• Options

@cbuck said:
    That I have Covid, along with my wife and son. Symptoms are of a minor cold. But I have to be a “responsible adult” and stay away from people! Puts me 5 days behind at work. Which could affect my vacation plans at the end of January! Covid sucks!

Are you not able to work from home? And yes, covid sucks.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to make ice cream and repair the equipment from home.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    Sitting at home on the sofa at 8pm, when my wife calls from 1.5 hours away and says "The car won't start. The engine won't do anything at all." Grrrr.
    Anyway, since I love her, I went to the auto parts store, got a new battery, drove 1.5 hours, installed the battery, and got home at 11:15pm.

I feel your pain

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@cbuck said:

Welcome @TRayB Like @Yakster said, I own a small family ice cream manufacturing business. I’m a hands on boss (****/OCD)! Lol I guess our censors don’t like a n a l! We sell to restaurants and caterers, ice cream parlors, etc. in the northeast. My Father started it 73 years ago, and I’ve been at it for at least 50 years, unless you add the time I spent in my playpen next to the packing table! Once again, welcome!

Well, get well quickly! Good to know there are still family run businesses doing well out there.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@TRayB said:

@cbuck said:
    That I have Covid, along with my wife and son. Symptoms are of a minor cold. But I have to be a “responsible adult” and stay away from people! Puts me 5 days behind at work. Which could affect my vacation plans at the end of January! Covid sucks!

Hi Bob. I have a real job in which I go into the office every day, even though I could stay home two days a week like everybody else. When I had covid, I skipped a few days, but also kept up on things from home, like my emails, etc. Same as when I had to make an emergency trip to visit my daughter when my granddaughter was very sick. I had the ability and opportunity to work remotely, which helped me stay above water on my projects. I merely wondered if @cbuck had the same opportunity, that is all.

I think the guy in your meme got more than his arm chopped off, no? :)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

@TRayB
    To be entirely honest, I was annoyed by your question
    when I first read it yesterday. I was "triggered" in a sense so, if anyone wishes to roast me on that point, have at it. I felt like it was pretty clear from his post that he could not work from home, but you asked anyway. So in my evil little mind, you shouldn't have asked that question without having any idea what he did for a living. Sorry.

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

@TRayB Hence the need for thick skin! Lol Keep hanging around!

Edit. For the record, I was not triggered! But thanks @Bob_Luken for sticking up for me!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy! Roast Bob for supper!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pass the barbecue sauce, will ya?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    @TRayB
    To be entirely honest, I was annoyed by your question
    when I first read it yesterday. I was "triggered" in a sense so, if anyone wishes to roast me on that point, have at it. I felt like it was pretty clear from his post that he could not work from home, but you asked anyway. So in my evil little mind, you shouldn't have asked that question without having any idea what he did for a living. Sorry.

Thanks for clarifying. I believe you misunderstood the meaning and intent of my question. It happens. To be entirely honest, I was a bit annoyed by your response, because, although it was merely a meme, I understood it to be a dig for asking the question and implying that if someone can't work from home, then they must have some sort of menial, unimportant job. Maybe I was actually_ trying to find out_ what he did for a living, without being direct. You know, like having a conversation.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@cbuck said:

Edit. For the record, I was not triggered! But thanks @Bob_Luken for sticking up for me!

I'm glad you weren't triggered, there was no intent to insult you.

Yes, I will stick around. I was told I would need thick skin, as a newbie. That's fine, but to be fair, having thick skin and being a doormat are two different things. I'm no doormat. :)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

New people need to be doormats for 30 days. It's in the rules somewhere. If they get corrected by senior members, even if they're not wrong, they have to pretend, sorta like being married.

At least, pretend, so more real men with real jobs don't get triggered.

I read @Bob_Luken's mind... His job, like (I'll wager) more than half the guys here, can't be done remotely. This alarmed him, that so many could be overlooked. Or maybe I should just shut up and only post when I find something worthwhile.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Bob_Luken > @TRayB said:

@cbuck said:

I'm glad you weren't triggered, there was no intent to insult you.

Yes, I will stick around. I was told I would need thick skin, as a newbie. That's fine, but to be fair, having thick skin and being a doormat are two different things. I'm no doormat. :)

I'm not triggered but your creeping toward a sarcastic slow clap