Options

Things I Hate

1181182183184185187»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Waking up to find that an articulating joint that worked just fine without pain yesterday, doesn't want to behave that same way today. And then, wondering, "what did I do?", and coming up with nothing. Just is what it is.

Pizz, moan, grumble grumble...

Isn't every joint a joint that articulates?

Well, it's supposed to be, thus the problem. lol

Sometimes my sentences are poorly distilled products of my thought process, a jumble.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because they’re meant to doesn’t mean they do

• Options

Simultaneous posts, interesting.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Well, it's supposed to be, thus the problem. lol

Sometimes my sentences are poorly distilled products of my thought process, a jumble.

I know what you mean about the sentences. The worst is when my mouth can't keep up with my brain and my eight year old son corrects what I said!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
  • Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17

Learning about friend's children dying young from apparent drug-induced psychosis and/or lifestyle consequences. A 33 year old and 23 year old in the past month.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you only get this far in the game and realize its already over.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not if there is a black 5 under the 3 of clubs

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went through the deck 3 times. No playable cards.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited April 5

Package of parts for the new motorcycle departed Anaheim CA on the 29th, arrived in Memphis on the 1st. Nice!, I thought. It arrived again on the 1st, a few hours later. OK. On the 2nd, it arrived, again, in Memphis.

WTF? Not this again.

But, then, on the 2nd it departed Memphis to make the 110 mile trek to the local Post Office. Still traveling on the 3rd. Didn't arrive on the 4th. Now it's the 5th, and it's still "In transit to next facility."

I wonder where that is? The next facility. They could have ridden a bicycle from there to here and back by now.

:s

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next facility is…. Memphis

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Package of parts for the new motorcycle departed Anaheim CA on the 29th, arrived in Memphis on the 1st. Nice!, I thought. It arrived again on the 1st, a few hours later. OK. On the 2nd, it arrived, again, in Memphis.

WTF? Not this again.

But, then, on the 2nd it departed Memphis to make the 110 mile trek to the local Post Office. Still traveling on the 3rd. Didn't arrive on the 4th. Now it's the 5th, and it's still "In transit to next facility."

I wonder where that is? The next facility. They could have ridden a bicycle from there to here and back by now.

:s

Still out on patrol. Memphis should change the name from Post Office to Lost Office.

• Options

"OUT FOR DELIVERY"

Yay!

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oldest trick in the book

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't think you hated anything, Edward.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to read an article someone posted and finding it's behind a paywall. :/

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

When drivers who are making a right-hand turn, think they have to swerve to the left a bit before turning to the right.

I was following a pokey person that was going to turn right. Signaled w/ their blinker... very nice! Moved over into the right-turn lane so I could get by on their left... even nicer!! Then, when I'm almost alongside them, they move a foot to the left!!

Do these morons think this will facilitate their turn to the right if they first turn to the left?

Every so often I see another driver who knows how to drive and I'm always tempted to follow them to their destination so I can congratulate them and give them a solid pat on the back. But to not be creepy, I just give them a thumbs-up and say "well done, sir."

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis