Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    I finally got some work as a stand-in and extra on a feature film.
    25 hours in 2 days in Sante Fe.
    I’m too old for this shíít.

That's Show-Biz.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now your zamboni will stay warm.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soap chips in the press to make a soap puck for the shower.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anxious to get off Prednisone I tapered the dose too rapidly and now have to go back up to knock down the muscle pain. PMR sucks.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

@silvermouse said:
    Anxious to get off Prednisone I tapered the dose too rapidly and now have to go back up to knock down the muscle pain. PMR sucks.

A few years back I caught a virus, got viral pneumonia and then bacterial pneumonia, at the same time. I was out from work for about 8 weeks, and on prednisone that whole time. Stopped suddenly, when it ran out, and ended up needing 2 canes to walk for about a week. The pain is real. Step down slowly is the way, for sure.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

The side effects of Prednisone suck. I had to take it years ago. I remember my face swelled and I felt like I was all the time cranked up.
    Hope you can get the H e ll off that stuff asap Edward.

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything will be ok. I was told.

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options

I slept through my alarm this morning and forgot to wake up the vHerf notifier robot, good thing no one logged in yet. I managed to get to work anyway as I woke up only thirty minutes late to my Wife's alarm.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Soap chips in the press to make a soap puck for the shower.

Pulled the soap puck from the press today. Also made some olallieberry vinaigrette dressing by adding 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar to the mostly empty jar of home-made olallieberry jam and shaking it up. I hear you can do the same thing with a mustard container to make honey mustard dressing.

Got the clippers out and my Wife gave my son and me haircuts today, it's been too long since my last one, I look better now.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flight home is delayed by 3 hours so wish me luck with my next 4 and a half hours in an airport without any real food or any place to go.

• Options

That sucks, may you have a good tailwind.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

They added an hour

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t remember the last day I haven’t smoked a cigar. Great spot yo hang out at least

• Options

Return the bottle of hand soap that I picked up on Amazon at Kohl's tonight, now I'm going to pick up dinner at In-N-Out next door.

I bought the hand soap because it's the kind that my Wife has been buying and I thought I would be good and order some more only to find out she's been picking up smaller bottles at the dollar store instead of 20 bucks online. Oops.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up by 21 before the half. Let’s go Steelers

• Options
    edited December 2023

Replaced the batteries in my Boveda Butlers, now called CI Smart Sensors, Bluetooth temp/humidity sensors. The old batteries have been dead for years, decided not to worry since I'm running Boveda packs. Something @EgoBoundary said on the vHerf the other night about his wooden humidor got me curious, I guess.

My box bin stabilized to right at 70%, I'll have to wait a bit to get a read on my winedor sensor.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made coffee this morning by forgetting to put the carafe in the brewer.

• Options

Doh! I hate it when that happens.

• Options
  • Options

Yeah, I almost commented on that, but the recipe worked out pretty well even though I don't think I really browned the butter.