Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunshine and 28 today. A storm is moving in for tomorrow and the next few days. The powers that be are calling for four to five inches on top of freezing rain in the AM.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to all the cold weather people 😜

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Below freezing, here. Getting 6" of heavy, wet snow tonight into tomorrow. Fun, fun. Will be plowing overnight. Don't want to but no one else will do it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are getting mostly rain tonight and gale force winds.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

34F and light snow.

Each time a new season or new weather event of that season rolls around, it surprises me how I forgot what it was like, even though it was only one year ago. It's one of the reasons I love living where we have four distinct seasons. I went for a walk today as the snow was falling I found it refreshing, cleansing, and calming.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

A walk in gently falling snow can be truly peaceful. Blizzard on the other hand....

• Options

Amen

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

We left Kannapolis, NC at 8:10am. It rained hard the entirety of the trip north on Rt.77, and Rt.81 through Virginia, to Winchester. The temp was mostly 32, and never went over 34, even at the elevation change when 77 crosses into VA. I was a bit concerned, but we didn't have any issues with iced roads. North of Winchester, it turned to wintry mix, and we encountered a few accidents which appeared to involve a single vehicle skidding off the roadway.

In WV the snow was sticking, and with about 2 miles remaining until exiting MD and getting into PA, a tractor-trailer was jack-knifed into the median, with the trailer blocking the passing lane, which I was in, doing about 40. As I slowed, a tractor-trailer from the driving lane moved into the passing lane behind me, saw what was going on up ahead, panicked and braked too hard, and started fishtailing across both lanes, as my wife and I both watched in our mirrors, hoping he would get it under control or stop, before creaming us. Fortunately he did, being helped by whacking the rear tractor tires against the guardrail.

In PA, we encountered a two truck accidents and one car accident within the first 17 miles, which traffic could pass, including one where we used the exit and entry ramps to bypass. Then at about mile 22, traffic came to a dead stop. We waited for about a half hour without moving an inch, then decided to self-authorize our vehicle to use the median turn-around, and backtracked 2 miles, and got onto Rt.11 for the remainder of the trip to Mechanicsburg, then home to Hummelstown. We didn't want to try to get back on 81, my wife was significantly freaked by seeing the truck behind us come near to sliding into us, so prudence dictated accommodating her. Besides, the chance of being stopped again was fairly high. By Mechanicsburg, it was mostly rain, and 34 degrees. The entire trip took just about 10 hours, over two hours longer than typical.

Anyway, safely home and smoking an AB Black Market, and sipping a glass of Jefferson's Reserve bourbon, neat. I'll be sleeping in tomorrow.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snowy

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might want to get that check engine light looked into...or is that "holy effing $h!T its effing cold outside" light... :p

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had been hoping climate change would relegate my winter coat to the dustbin of history but no, I finally dug it out yesterday. I know mid 20's overnight and highs in the 50's won't garner much sympathy around here but it's a reminder to me to get the garden lined out for next month.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Might want to get that check engine light looked into...or is that "holy effing $h!T its effing cold outside" light... :p

That's the put your seat belt on light so all good here lol

• Options
    edited January 9

Calif. cold, can't complain. I smoked some drumsticks for dinner last night while smoking a cigar on the patio without using the patio heater or a blanket.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started as freezing rain at 4:30. Now it's just rain to the tune of 3 or 4 inches. Branches and streams roaring.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Light snow with high winds this morning during the food pantry. Sunday is forecast for a high temp of 10 and low of -9.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the minute. One minute it’s cold and rainy..next minute it’s warm and the sun is shining. This particular minute the sun is shining…well, it was

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

effing cold

• Options

we are surrounded by warm ocean so early winter is generally mild though we pay for it later in the season and early spring; took a walk this morning with the last half of last night's Byron in the driving rain and high winds, 50°f at the moment.

• Options

• Options

California cold with a light breeze.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol most hunters would know better but obviously not all of them