Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t we all just get along 🤔😜😜

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

Who is AL?

Edit : all not AL..... but seriously.... who's AL?

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

Stirring the pot. I expect nothing less 🥴

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

My two cents….done and over with this thread.

Peace out.

LOL. I'll bet you've also said you're done buying guns or ammo. I hear people say they're done buying fishing stuff, stereo stuff, coffee stuff... we know you can't quit this thread.

My only regret is that it's been three pages with zero or little actual discussion.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three things my grandad told me never to discuss openly with strangers.

1.Politics
    2.Religion
    3 How much money you make

One lesson mine taught me was “Never argue with a fool, from a distance no one can tell the difference.”

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

RFK Jr was in Tucson last night, nah, I didn't go but did listen to what he had to say on utube this morning. I may switch to independent just to get him on the ballot here, can't have too many choices can you? Has anybody listened to his BS and what do you think?

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some folks get wiser as they age and others get nuttier.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting that the special counsel basically says that Biden is unfit to charge criminally. So is our standard for president lower then our standard for criminals? Not sure why the 25th amendment hasn't been executed. Bring on Camel Harris. Would be epic.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

• Options

• Options

Just read Trump's South Carolina stump speech. Got to give the guy credit for being honest about what he thinks.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Want Biden to be our next President?

Vote Trump in the primary.

TDS will drive people who've never voted to the polls to defeat him.

Disclaimer: I've been known to be mistaken, but that's how I see it going down.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s what happened the first time.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

+1

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

might as well go back to our old way of agreeing with posts, since the buttons are no longer useful as a means of conversing

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to stay away from folks who stand up on a box and speak really loud.

• Options

@First_Warrior said:
    I tend to stay away from folks who stand up on a box and speak really loud.

sounds sensible

• Options

Watched most of the State of the Union last night. Biden appeared active, motivated, and on cue. Fortunately they'd let the Botox wear off before the speech, so he didn't have that blank look so often associated with dementia.

I thought he made a number of really good points in the first 30 minutes, Sort of faltered a time or two after that, but who wouldn't? The last 30 minutes or so seemed a lot like the same old song and dance. Some promises made that I hope were not just so much balloon juice.

Then I tried to watch the rebuttal, but I get the feeling that someone must have put some "other" kind of mushrooms on her pizza. Gave up quickly as her babbling was putting me to sleep.

Praying for our country.

We seem to be lost in pride and hate, the two go hand in hand.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rats! I forgot to record it.

Kidding or no kidding... up to you to decide.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis