Home General Discussion
Options

Breaking Cigar News

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were made at Aganorsa before. Completely different Corojo. The blend is also changing.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

is there better corojo then aganorsa?

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

Pepin’s is in my opinion

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12

The Wisconsin State Senate is voting today on Assembly Bill 910 which would require online retailers to charge the same sales and use taxes as local B&Ms for cigars and pipe tobacco no matter where the retailer is located.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2023/proposals/ab910

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

The bill was passed and signed by the Governor today as WI Act 150.
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2023/related/acts/150

Cigars are capped at 50 cents but there's no cap on pipe tobacco; the excise tax for pipe tobacco is 71% of the actual cost to the distributor or remote seller. Online retailers will be required to get a Wisconsin permit and keep records of sales.

• Options

https://cigar-coop.com/2024/05/feature-story-the-full-2024-pca-post-game-report.html

Not really “breaking news” but it’s a recap done by CigarCoop on PCA. The only reason I post it is for @VegasFrank so he can see the praise being given to his close, dear friend.
    I’ll save you from searching…

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched his video, it has a good flow and keeps it moving.

I’m also firmly in the binder/filler/wrapper camp and like to know the composition and components of a cigar. It’s interesting that the feedback he received was similar while he doesn’t care for it.

Good read, thanks for sharing.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

No ↑.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

His video isn't bad, not really cringeworthy at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrhYFajWapY

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Just Minneapolis for now, but these bad ideas have a habit of spreading.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

They keep using the term "sampling". I would argue that if you purchase a meal at a restaurant and eat it on site, you are not sampling it. If you buy a cigar and smoke it on site you likewise are not sampling...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

They may not allow cigar smoking on premises but do exempt sampling. Stupid, for sure.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

That’s state law. The term sampling was added to exempt cigars lounges from the state rules against smoking indoors. Previously it was considered “sampling” a cigar because they could be sold as singles and therefore sampled. Cigarettes could not. Now this new law made by the city specifically added sampling to target the only cigar lounge in the city.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    That’s state law. The term sampling was added to exempt cigars lounges from the state rules against smoking indoors. Previously it was considered “sampling” a cigar because they could be sold as singles and therefore sampled. Cigarettes could not. Now this new law made by the city specifically added sampling to target the only cigar lounge in the city.

Nahtsi Bastids.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blue state?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Among the bluest