Home General Discussion

June 2024 Milwaukee herf dates

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be in early Thursday morning and I'm hoping to catch a ride with whoever picks up Wayne and Carol from the airport.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there Thursday morning kemosabe

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

@Usaf06 said:
    I'll be there Thursday morning kemosabe

I also need a ride.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday, after work. 4:15

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Haven't booked the ride home yet. Can I get to O'Hare in time for a 1200 go home flight on Sunday?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday late afternoon is the plan.

@CharlieHeis said:
    Thursday late afternoon is the plan.

Did you drove or did you flew?

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be driving

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken and I are working out details for our ETA but sounds like we will head up that way Wednesday.

edited May 3

My June just got more interesting. Flying to Utah on the 31st. Driving to Florida with my son to Tyndall AFB on the 1st and can only drove 8 hours a day. So arrive the 4th, fly or rent a car and drive back home the 5th and then fly to Chicago the 6th. FML

-- Winston Churchill

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    My June just got more interesting. Flying to Utah on the 31st. Driving to Florida with my son to Tyndall AFB on the 1st and can only drove 8 hours a day. So arrive the 4th, fly or rent a car and drive back home the 5th and then fly to Chicago the 6th. FML

...you might wanna think about one dem OJ commercials running thru the airport. he did HurtZ rent a cars as well....jus say'n @Usaf06

Wayne and Chris, what time yall get to Chicago? I arrive at 0915.

-- Winston Churchill

@Usaf06 said:

Gotta love air force bullshít.

@MrShrek said:
    @Bob_Luken and I are working out details for our ETA but sounds like we will head up that way Wednesday.

Awesome! Maybe one of you wouldn't be too troubled to pick a friend up from the airport around 9:45 that night?

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I told frank today I will be a last minute decision. Sorry

Here's what I know:

Travelers.........Arrive........................Return
    VegasFrank.....Wed 9:17 PM ORD
    Yakster............Thu 4:39 AM ORD....Sun 7:52 PM ORD
    Wylaff+1..........Thu 5:55 AM ORD....Mon 8:35 PM ORD
    Usaf06.............Thu 9:15 AM ORD....Sun 4:50 PM ORD

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Here's what I know:

VegasFrank.....Wed 9:17 PM ORD

Glenn and I are riding together. Maybe we swing by to pick up Frank late Wednesday and then by Thursday we can decide on who gets the rest of them by either making two trips (one early AM and one mid AM) or one trip for all Thursday arrivals. Although it's possible to make one trip Thursday, I hate to make Chris, Wayne and Carol wait around the airport for nearly 3 & 1/2 hours for Nick to get there, so that's why I propose discussing two trips on Thursday. If we do break it up into two Thursday pickups, I want the later pickup (Nick) if I get Frank the night before, or if someone else can get Frank on Wednesday night, I could get to bed earlier and be well rested for an early Thursday run to get Chris, Wayne and Carol around 6:00 AM, and someone else get Nick later when he gets in. Am I overthinking? Y'all got any input?

Sounds good to me.

Me too!

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be cooking all day Thursday, however I can make the super early trip, and my car is available if Frank wants to take it for a later round.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

I'll definitely take it for the later round no problem.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Wayne and Chris, what time yall get to Chicago? I arrive at 0915.

We'll be in about 0545. We can make multiple trips to ensure everyone gets picked up.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Here's what I know:

VegasFrank.....Wed 9:17 PM ORD..Sun 5:44 PM ORD

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

What time do the festivities begin on Saturday?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:

10-ish, maybe 11-ish, depending. You can show up here any time you want, pull up a chair, and sit for a while.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:

The veterans know if you show up early enough you get to claim one of Peter's zero gravity chairs, assuming you can't bring your own (which is recommended).