Home General Discussion
Options

Most expencive cigar. And was it worth it?

124»

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    Dustin1981:
    Lets see I have a few Comacho Pre-Embargo's that I paid $40 for a 3 pack and a few Opus X's and those where $14. Dont know if they are worth it yet I seem to talk myself out of smoking them everytime I look at one. One of the Opus's, the one I picked up at the herf down in Akron, I am saving for my birthday so unless I can convince myself to have one of the ****'s that I have I will have to let you know. I have a feeling that the Pre-Embargo's will be worth every penny from what everyone is saying I just havent brough myself to have one.
    Where the heck do you guys find Opus Xs for 14$?? Having never had one, I would GLADLY pay that instead of the 30$ they fetch online.
    First off, call Ccom. You'd be suprised at the deals they can work on the phone. Just sayin. Other than that, NC. For some reason, cigars are alot cheaper in NC. Gurkha Beasts are about $8-10, Ashton VSG are $12-15, Opus X's are $12-18 or so. I actually bought a box worth of Pefexion No 4 and No 5 a year ago. There were like 23 cigars, it came out to around 280.
    Where in NC are you getting your cigars?! I get a 20% discount for being freaking awesome and the tax adds it right back on... Do you buy over the net and skip the tax?? Please share the wealth!
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    ejenne87:
    I get a 20% discount for being freaking awesome
    I have to say this is the best line I have seen on this thread.
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    ejenne87:
    I get a 20% discount for being freaking awesome
    I have to say this is the best line I have seen on this thread.
    Im glad I can be of amusement ha

Ladies and Gentleman, I'll be here all week!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    Dustin1981:
    Lets see I have a few Comacho Pre-Embargo's that I paid $40 for a 3 pack and a few Opus X's and those where $14. Dont know if they are worth it yet I seem to talk myself out of smoking them everytime I look at one. One of the Opus's, the one I picked up at the herf down in Akron, I am saving for my birthday so unless I can convince myself to have one of the ****'s that I have I will have to let you know. I have a feeling that the Pre-Embargo's will be worth every penny from what everyone is saying I just havent brough myself to have one.
    Where the heck do you guys find Opus Xs for 14$?? Having never had one, I would GLADLY pay that instead of the 30$ they fetch online.
    First off, call Ccom. You'd be suprised at the deals they can work on the phone. Just sayin. Other than that, NC. For some reason, cigars are alot cheaper in NC. Gurkha Beasts are about $8-10, Ashton VSG are $12-15, Opus X's are $12-18 or so. I actually bought a box worth of Pefexion No 4 and No 5 a year ago. There were like 23 cigars, it came out to around 280.
    Where in NC are you getting your cigars?! I get a 20% discount for being freaking awesome and the tax adds it right back on... Do you buy over the net and skip the tax?? Please share the wealth!
    I actually got those 23 Opus X right there in Fayettenam, at Anstead's in the mall. Also, you've got a PM.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    ejenne87:
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    Dustin1981:
    I actually got those 23 Opus X right there in Fayettenam, at Anstead's in the mall. Also, you've got a PM.
    already on it alien
    btw... the no 4 and the petite lancero are my two favorite vitolas of OpusX

honorable mention to the **** (power ranger)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I need to find those Opus in my area for thse prices. Not that I can fit any more now but in the future I would like to get some.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    alienmisprint:
    ejenne87:
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    Dustin1981:
    already on it alien

Anstead's is in Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, NC, if that helps.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    kuzi16:
    alienmisprint:
    ejenne87:
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    Dustin1981:
    already on it alien

Anstead's is in Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, NC, if that helps.
    I actualy really like that place, even though it is pretty small. They have an alright selection, pretty good for the only shop in town actualy. All the guys there are super helpful and know me by name now. The website is anteadstobacco.com. They are in the middle of re-doing their site so it is down for now, but the number is on there. If you ever call them ask for Wayne, he's the owner and is a really great guy.

I haven't seen any Opus there in a long time, most likely thanks to you, Tony... Ha. They have some decent smokes though, too many Gurk's and Acid's IMO but still a decent selection. They recently got their house blend in. It's a blend made by the guys at Camacho, and is really a great cigar for the price. I was the first customer to try them and I was pretty impressed.
  • Options
    Yeah man, they are good people there. And you're right, there are incredibly small to be the only shop in town, but they do manage to have a decent selection. It is suprising that there aren't any other shops there.
  • Options
    Don Carlos GoF Robusto, relatively fresh (had it about three weeks) - damn good
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    When I was stationed in NC they had the cheapest smokes I'd seen. Being a tobacco state they didnt tax hardly at all. That was only in '04, I guess time have changed.