Home General Discussion

Hey Krieg. You might like this.

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
Look what I'm doing today..

imageimage"

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Nice, real nice, I'm so jealous right now. This GA pollen is killing my sinuses so I haven't been able to enjoy any sticks or be outside smoking some BBQ.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Nice, real nice, I'm so jealous right now. This GA pollen is killing my sinuses so I haven't been able to enjoy any sticks or be outside smoking some BBQ.

Sorry.

I feel bad now.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Whatcha smokin? Krieg has me hooked on the WSM as well!
    JZ:
    Whatcha smokin? Krieg has me hooked on the WSM as well!

I've got 27#'s of pork spares in there for my Mom's B-Day.
    What smoke wood are u using??

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:

Today I used Hickory. I also use Apple sometimes too for pork.

imageimage
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    KCW:
    Krieg:

imageimage
    I.
    Hate.
    You.

That looks SOOOOO good
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Nice work on those ribs. Smoking meat is my 2nd favorite thing to light up.
    Nice, I love using Applewood for pork. It adds a a nice light flavor, and it's not as heavy I guess u could say as Hickory.

"Long ashes my friends."

• coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    If you get a chance, sometime try Pecan Wood. It adds a very nice flavor as well.

Do you guys ever smoke brisket? I love smoking a good brisket and boston butt roasts. If you guys are interested I have a very good marinade recipe I can give you. Works good for ribs also.
    coachjamie:
    If you get a chance, sometime try Pecan Wood. It adds a very nice flavor as well. Do you guys ever smoke brisket? I love smoking a good brisket and boston butt roasts. If you guys are interested I have a very good marinade recipe I can give you. Works good for ribs also.

Yup. But I have to plan those 'cause they take soooo long (The Butts).
    fla-gypsy:
    Nice work on those ribs. Smoking meat is my 2nd favorite thing to light up.

I hear ya!
    Krieg:
    Nice, I love using Applewood for pork. It adds a a nice light flavor, and it's not as heavy I guess u could say as Hickory.

As long as you don't use too much wood it can be really good. Also try a 2 to 1 ratio of Applewood and Hickory sometime. Thats really good too. I've even used a little Mesquite which is also a "strong" wood.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    This is something I have ZERO experince in but would really like to start doing well. Any helpful tidbits on where or how to get started?
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Goldy, I just sent you a PM.
    Goldy:
    This is something I have ZERO experince in but would really like to start doing well. Any helpful tidbits on where or how to get started?

Goldy you have a PM
    coachjamie:
    If you get a chance, sometime try Pecan Wood. It adds a very nice flavor as well. Do you guys ever smoke brisket? I love smoking a good brisket and boston butt roasts. If you guys are interested I have a very good marinade recipe I can give you. Works good for ribs also.
    Yeah, I have done a few briskets. The last one I did was a 17-18lbs. It took about 16 hours to cook. Did pork butts too. My wife likes brisket more though...so you know how that goes. :)

"Long ashes my friends."

KCW:
    Krieg:

imageimage
    I love using Applewood. My wife's brother owns an apple orchard, so I can get as much apple wood as I want. Which is nice since it's hard to find around here in big chunks....unless u pay a fortune and by it off the web.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    Goldy:
    Goldy, this website is awesome! Check it out, and I would stick with the Weber Smokey Mountain when making your purchase. It is a superior product. http://virtualweberbullet.com/
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Thanks fellas, now I have more things to read.
    Goldy:
    Thanks fellas, now I have more things to read.

;)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is my other smoking site:
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I also am on smokingmeatforums.com. Great group of guys there as well.
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    I hate you all... That dam.n voice in the back of my head keeps saying "oh why not buy that, the meats would be delicious, why save your money? spend it and enjoy it!" so like I said I hate you all in a very BOTL way...
    DaveTheRookie09:
    I hate you all... That dam.n voice in the back of my head keeps saying "oh why not buy that, the meats would be delicious, why save your money? spend it and enjoy it!" so like I said I hate you all in a very BOTL way...

Listen to the voice Dave. There is a bit of a learning curve but, the end results are delicious. If you have a passion for BBQ go for it!
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Join the darkside, Dave...your stomach will thank you!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Hahaha never thought of BBQ as the dark side before.
    Sandman1am:
    Krieg:
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Hahaha never thought of BBQ as the dark side before.
    you will after see what color your brisket is when u pull it off the smoker!

"Long ashes my friends."

• MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I think he meant to say the "Bark Side".
    MESKC:
    I think he meant to say the "Bark Side".

Mmmmmmmmmm. Bark.