Home Non Cigar Related

Making myself look older...

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Well, it's getting to the point where my baby face may get me into trouble. My peculiar situation was fully realized when I got carded for cigars at a Cheap Tobacco today by a girl that couldn't have been more than 2 years older than me. When I gave her my ID she looked momentarily surprised before she rang me up, so I asked her how old she thought I was at first and she said 17 (I'm 23)! And this was with my glasses on, which make me look older than I do without.

The problem with all of this is I've noticed that lately most, if not all of the girls who have checked or may be checking me out are my little sister's age (16-17), and I'm afraid that one of these days I may find myself in a situation that I DO NOT want to be in.

Is there any way I could possibly make myself look my age, or at least 20? I can't grow facial hair to save my a$$; it's patchy, blondish, and just makes me look younger, so it's not going to help me here...

This is a serious question, so at least TRY to give a serious answer guys, LOL.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Tatoo on your neck
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

a tattoo of facial hair! like a goatee of stache
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

Haha, just what I wanted, a permanent neck-beard.

Does anyone else have anything?

bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

haha sorry man. I have struggled with that ever since i was fifteen!
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

If you don't like that, you can get one that reads 'ID please'.

Or you can just enjoy the babyface while you have it. Before you know it, you'll be wanting it back.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck
    ??? that would just make him look ridiculous. No offense to anyone who has them, but unless you have a lot of tattoo's, forget the neck. When they're in combination with a bunch of others, they're cool.

I don't know how to help ya man. I don't grow thick facial hair either, but can grow a beard. I have the opposite problem though. I've been getting 30 lately, and people thought I was 25 when I was 18. I NEVER get carded, even when I was underage.
    minibeezy:
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

Or you can just enjoy the babyface while you have it. Before you know it, you'll be wanting it back.

True, but I also don't want to be that 50 year old guy taking home college girls every weekend. I mean, as good as that may sound, there are some major drawbacks to that idea.

bacon.jay:
    minibeezy:
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

True, but I also don't want to be that 50 year old guy taking home college girls every weekend. I mean, as good as that may sound, there are some major drawbacks to that idea.

uhm, what? seriously? how is that a problem... you're dangerously close to losing your man card. Explain yourself, hah.
    cholmes8310:
    bacon.jay:
    minibeezy:
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

uhm, what? seriously? how is that a problem... you're dangerously close to losing your man card. Explain yourself, hah.
    +1! you are very borderline...
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Alex Williams:
    cholmes8310:
    bacon.jay:
    minibeezy:
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

LMAO!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    minibeezy:
    Alex Williams:
    cholmes8310:
    bacon.jay:
    minibeezy:
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:
    bacon.jay:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Tatoo on your neck

What would I get though?

LMAO!
    Sir, can we see your man card please?
    the majority has spoken...

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wear a necklace of ears like Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier.
    As stupid as it may sound, I'm actually in the market for something relatively long term, not one-night-standish.

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    So I've seen a picture of you in the "i got sniped" thread. I gotta tell you - QUIT YOUR ****! I'm 29 and I get carded for cigars all the time - you don't look anywhere near as young as I did when I was 23, lol.

In all seriousness, here are a few tips that may help:

1. Dress the part: If you are dressing like you did in High School, it's not helping you. Dress as if you are older than 23. (yes, I learned that lesson from "What Not to Wear" lol)
    2. Walk the walk: Similarly to your style of clothing, if you act, talk and walk like you are young, people are much more likely to believe you are young. A serious attitude and confidence (not arrogance) will give off a much more mature impression to people you meet.
    3. Carry around your High School diploma with you.
    4. What do you do if there is inclement weather?

I'm sure we could come up with more suggestions...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Buy some "touch of grey" and apply it in reverse...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cabinetmaker:
    Buy some "touch of grey" and apply it in reverse...
    ROFL. Excellent advice.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    shave yourself a bald spot....

i agree with the dress the part comment.

thats all i got. people seem to think im older.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    shave yourself a bald spot....

i agree with the dress the part comment.

thats all i got. people seem to think im older.

Im crying Im laughing so hard...........
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Put on like 40 pounds of muscle :-P
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    1. Buy one of those necklace chains that dogtags are on.
    2. Punch a hole in your ID.
    3. Thread chain through hole in ID.
    4. Wear your ID and just flash it whenever you need it.

In all honesty, just do what Tat said, stand up a bit straighter, wear age appropriate clothes, and act more confident without coming off as arrogant.
    That's the thing, I already do those things. I already dress to look older, I'm cool, confident, and I feel that I act my age, and even older sometimes. On top of that I'm like 6'3'', you'd think that would help. I dunno, maybe I'm just cursed.

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Enjoy it while it lasts. One day you are going to look in the mirror and think, "WOW! I got old overnight." As for the facial hair, enjoy that too. I shave every morning, and if we go somewhere at night, have to shave again. As a matter of fact, I keep an electric razer in my glove box.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Enjoy it while it lasts. One day you are going to look in the mirror and think, "WOW! I got old overnight." As for the facial hair, enjoy that too. I shave every morning, and if we go somewhere at night, have to shave again. As a matter of fact, I keep an electric razer in my glove box.
    +1...... Finally, some GOOD advice for the young man. I'm not old (yet). I'm 32 and I'm starting to see the signs of aging.......... and I'm not likin it. I used to get carded all the time. Now hardly ever. It seems like overnight that I got married, had two kids and got fat. Enjoy everything else too. The metabolism. The energy. The ability to drink till five in the morning for three days straight and not feel like you're going to die.

And as for the interest in something "long term"...... get that frickin idea outta your head now!!!!!!

"Long term" shouldn't even be in your vocabulary till you're 35! Okay?

Now go find some 18 year old girl to have lots of sex with and then dump her. Otherwise, I will track you down and take your "Man Card" away!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Tell me if you still believe that when you get here.
    zoom6zoom:
    Tell me if you still believe that when you get here.
    +1. I'm 26, only three years older than Bacon, and I have no desire to settle down yet. There's PLENTY of time for that after 30. I'm not in a rush to have my manhood and freedom taken from me and replaced with a "honeydo" list.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    minibeezy:

This...trust me.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I still say Tattoo - Badass across your adams apple.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Lots of drugs and alcohol. That will age the S#@% out of you ! Ok now for the serious answer

TatuajeVI:
    So I've seen a picture of you in the "i got sniped" thread. I gotta tell you - QUIT YOUR ****! I'm 29 and I get carded for cigars all the time - you don't look anywhere near as young as I did when I was 23, lol.

In all seriousness, here are a few tips that may help:

1. Dress the part: If you are dressing like you did in High School, it's not helping you. Dress as if you are older than 23. (yes, I learned that lesson from "What Not to Wear" lol)
    2. Walk the walk: Similarly to your style of clothing, if you act, talk and walk like you are young, people are much more likely to believe you are young. A serious attitude and confidence (not arrogance) will give off a much more mature impression to people you meet.
    3. Carry around your High School diploma with you.
    4. What do you do if there is inclement weather?

I'm sure we could come up with more suggestions...

pnaylon:
    Put on like 40 pounds of muscle :-P

These two are great ways ! I was the same carded all the time I put on about 40 pounds of muscle in about 3 years and that helped a lot ( Women LOVE Muscles ) also dress and act for what you are shooting for !