Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    robbyras:
    love this game! I think someone already has next, but I want to get in line...
    I am not sure who is next i looked back and i seee your in there , then I see Jetmech who started the game wanted back in..so I will send Jet the next three and then he can fire you the next three and this thing should be getting back in the fast track since we are all in california..... If thats ok with everyomne lets do that.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Redtailhawkoz:
    robbyras:
    love this game! I think someone already has next, but I want to get in line...
    I am not sure who is next i looked back and i seee your in there , then I see Jetmech who started the game wanted back in..so I will send Jet the next three and then he can fire you the next three and this thing should be getting back in the fast track since we are all in california..... If thats ok with everyomne lets do that.
    works for me OZ...
  • Options
    Mystery Stick Game Stick A
    Pre Light Inspection shows a 6 x 50-52 Dark Maduro Wrapper, Nice construction a few visible Veins, a quick sniff of this bad boy tells me I might like it.Made my cut and toasted the foot with My Bugatti B 1 Lighter and with a couple quick Puffs we are off and its rolling thunder smoke.
    Bright rich spicy flavors right from the get go.rich thick smoke just the way I like it, i hate a Cigar that you have to suck a golf ball through to get any smoke.
    about a third the way through a slight touch up do to a small run, but the spice y peppery leathery flavors are screaming through, i set the stick done to take a call and a few minutes later i picked it up and it was like i had never stopped smoking , nice resting burn, half way or better through this bad boy the oil is evident and the wrapper has become even darker, There are a bunch of flavors in this some i don't know how to describe but its pretty damn good. the last third this stick was just Hot Spice and no other flavors ,,,,
    All in All this was a Good Cigar for me I would maybe smoke a couple more of them ! LOL
    My Guess is one I have already had and liked a Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro....
    I have smoked stick B and it wasnt pretty .. that review will come later .
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Mystery Stick Game Stick A
    Pre Light Inspection shows a 6 x 50-52 Dark Maduro Wrapper, Nice construction a few visible Veins, a quick sniff of this bad boy tells me I might like it.Made my cut and toasted the foot with My Bugatti B 1 Lighter and with a couple quick Puffs we are off and its rolling thunder smoke.
    Bright rich spicy flavors right from the get go.rich thick smoke just the way I like it, i hate a Cigar that you have to suck a golf ball through to get any smoke.
    about a third the way through a slight touch up do to a small run, but the spice y peppery leathery flavors are screaming through, i set the stick done to take a call and a few minutes later i picked it up and it was like i had never stopped smoking , nice resting burn, half way or better through this bad boy the oil is evident and the wrapper has become even darker, There are a bunch of flavors in this some i don't know how to describe but its pretty damn good. the last third this stick was just Hot Spice and no other flavors ,,,,
    All in All this was a Good Cigar for me I would maybe smoke a couple more of them ! LOL
    My Guess is one I have already had and liked a Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro....
    I have smoked stick B and it wasnt pretty .. that review will come later .
    Nice glad you liked it Ozzie stick A was actually The Edge Maduro by RP. By the sounds of it you didn't like stick B. Don't worry I'm sure you will like stick C.
  • Options
    Damn I was Close!
  • Options
    This is Mystery Stick B
    This CIgar has a Year on it according to the sticker that came with it... 6 X 55 or so Toro, Medium Dark Habano or Maduro Wrapper... Pre ligfht taste on the tounge reveals a bit of cedar but not much flavor, I toasated the foot and then lit it Up with a couple good puffs.... seemed a bit dry, Maybe from transport... Pretty Harsh forst couple puffs and the cedar was not existant just woody leathery flavors..... After a couple of Puffs I sat it down not sure i could smoke this one, it for some reason just didnt Hit me real good. Then... when I went to pick it back up POOOF the damn thing came all Unwrapped!
    Photobucket
    I did my best to dampen it back to the Body but it just wouldnt stay....... I was determined to Smoke this Bad Boy for the Game..... SO i held the wrapper tight to the Body and continued to smoke it.... I never put it down and it never got any better..... I dont know if My Tatse Buds were just HIT from the Edge Maduro the night Before or this Cigar just SUCKED ! LOL I will Probaly laugh when i hear whatever it is.... I have no clue what it might be to be honest Maybe a Cigar,com Corojo..........I feel bad that I couldnt give this one abetter review but It is what it was.... I really Love this Game and like finding out HOW my Taste it ...... On to Cigar C.........
    Thanks By the way I am sending the Next three on to the Starter of this Game Jet ... If you read this Bro Send me your Info so I can get these out to you!
  • Options
    You must have got a bad stick man, sorry about that. Thanks for being a sport and trying to finish the stick. I wouldn't have blamed you if it would have ended up in the trash after it came undone and the harshness, not to mention not liking it. I don't know why it was dry been in humi for a year at 65% and pretty sure I sent it with a humi pack. Only thing I can say is that it was probably a bad stick. I have never had or even heard of all the problems with this stick from anyone. Once again sorry about the stick. Stick B was a Carlos Torano Signature Series. I'm confident that you will enjoy stick C I just hope that one is not a bad one too.
  • Options
    It may be the Heat it traveld in here with! It had Humi Pack Its ok Bro I love a Challenge... I haver had two other carlos Toranos i didnt care for so i guess thats my taste! LOL I smoke stick C this Morning...... Breakfast Stick .. ( Big BUZZ) Ill write the review Later ! LOL
  • Options
    Sorry Guys The weekend SUcked me in! Here is STcik C
    This Cigar Looks Familiar........ Its a Beauty , with a Dark Rich Wrapper First Tatse is SPice and Leather And some serious Cedar Cranking from the first Bit oif SMoke... this Cigar was great from the begining to the end ...... Tons of SMoke and Not one issue ! I would say it is a MOW Runiation! Ill get Jets Cigars out this week!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    This Cigar Looks Familiar........ Its a Beauty , with a Dark Rich Wrapper First Tatse is SPice and Leather And some serious Cedar Cranking from the first Bit oif SMoke... this Cigar was great from the begining to the end ...... Tons of SMoke and Not one issue ! I would say it is a MOW Runiation! Ill get Jets Cigars out this week!
    Ozzie glad that you liked this cigar and didn't have any issues with it at all. I was worried that it would suffer the same fate as stick B. You were soooooo close with your guess but you are wrong. It was an Original MOW. Thanks for playing this was fun and once again sorry about stick B but hopefully the others I sent made up for that one bad apple.....errr stick.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Hey Tony, how's it going bro? Have you made any progress on your mystery sticks yet?

Congrats Ozzie on 2 very close guesses!
  • Options
    Duder2:
    Hey Tony, how's it going bro? Have you made any progress on your mystery sticks yet?

PM to you Duder
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Ozzie glad that you liked this cigar and didn't have any issues with it at all. I was worried that it would suffer the same fate as stick B. You were soooooo close with your guess but you are wrong. It was an Original MOW. Thanks for playing this was fun and once again sorry about stick B but hopefully the others I sent made up for that one bad apple.....errr stick.

Damn I Amazed Myself......... I was CLose on Two cigars .. I guess My Palate is developing!LOL Or Im Lucky, and its No big deal about the Spliter... It happens and The extrads were Insane DUDE! LOL
    I am just grateful for the opportunity to Play this game and DO it in a Timely fashion! Whewn i was shootin my mouth off about the SLowness I had to putr my money where my mouth was! ON to JET!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Damn I Amazed Myself......... I was CLose on Two cigars .. I guess My Palate is developing!LOL Or Im Lucky, and its No big deal about the Spliter... It happens and The extrads were Insane DUDE! LOL
    I am just grateful for the opportunity to Play this game and DO it in a Timely fashion! Whewn i was shootin my mouth off about the SLowness I had to putr my money where my mouth was! ON to JET!
    Looks like your money was right where your mouth was. Great guesses....head cold here after dealing with funeral. I'll smoke em if Duder wants me to now....otherwise it's a few more days.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Sandman1am:
    Duder2:

PM to you Duder
    PM back atcha Tony!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    PM 4 U Oz. Thanks for keeping me in mind, i have wnated to jump back in on this for a looong time.
    Robby, i'll get your stick in the mail as soon as i recieve oz's. by the time you gt yours all 3 of mine will be puffed and reviewed!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    PM 4 U Oz. Thanks for keeping me in mind, i have wnated to jump back in on this for a looong time.
    Robby, i'll get your stick in the mail as soon as i recieve oz's. by the time you gt yours all 3 of mine will be puffed and reviewed!
    NICE! I'm excited... love this game
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Jetmech_63:

And i'm gonna use you as a test bench for something i have always wanted to do since i created this game...it'll be a good thing....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    robbyras:
    Jetmech_63:

And i'm gonna use you as a test bench for something i have always wanted to do since i created this game...it'll be a good thing....
    ooohhhhhh... just know that i probably won't even get close to the right answers, but I will love taking the trip!
  • Options
    Damn those got here fast! Robby, I'll put yours in the mail this afternoon. And I'm off today so I'm gonna puff my way through all 3! Life Is Good!!

Cigar A: Damn! A Connecticut, I don't smoke too many of these so I'll probably be way in left field. Nice construction, very creamy brown wrapper. The prelight draw is amazing cedar and earth, so earthy it's like sticking your face in a pile of fallen leaves and dirt after it rains... But in a very good way. Light it up and it produces a ton of smoke, creamy and dry with more earth, a touch of cedar and a slight touch of sweetness. Hmmmmm. Not a Verdadero, too many veins to be a Monte, Perdomo ESVs are fuzzier....not a whole lot of body so I don't think it's a Virtue....hmmmmmm....about 1/2 way in, burn is perfect, lots more sweetness, flavor hasn't changed much...though it's a really enjoyabe flavor....3/4 in and it's still really sweet and getting nutty. You got me on this one man, It tastes a little oliva-ish so I'll say oliva Connecticut reserve.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Damn those got here fast! Robby, I'll put yours in the mail this afternoon. And I'm off today so I'm gonna puff my way through all 3! Life Is Good!!

Cigar A: Damn! A Connecticut, I don't smoke too many of these so I'll probably be way in left field. Nice construction, very creamy brown wrapper. The prelight draw is amazing cedar and earth, so earthy it's like sticking your face in a pile of fallen leaves and dirt after it rains... But in a very good way. Light it up and it produces a ton of smoke, creamy and dry with more earth, a touch of cedar and a slight touch of sweetness. Hmmmmm. Not a Verdadero, too many veins to be a Monte, Perdomo ESVs are fuzzier....not a whole lot of body so I don't think it's a Virtue....hmmmmmm....about 1/2 way in, burn is perfect, lots more sweetness, flavor hasn't changed much...though it's a really enjoyabe flavor....3/4 in and it's still really sweet and getting nutty. You got me on this one man, It tastes a little oliva-ish so I'll say oliva Connecticut reserve.

Yeah those got there SMOKIN FAST!
    Glad you enjoyed it I had two of these not my flavor profile but a Good smoke to me anyway!
    But..... your wrong..... Nice Guess though,,,, It was an AUGUSTO REYES CRIOLO... NEXT!
  • Options
    First augusto Reyes I've had, I could see me buying some of those as a nice light afternoon smoke. Onward!!!
    Cigar B: Interesting looking wrapper, kind of a spotty multiple brown looking thing but no soft spots. Pre light draw is straight earth, nothing too spectacular. Easy light and it's burning pretty quick. Absolute zero spice, not really a whole lot of flavor with the exception of one main dominating flavor that I don't really know how to describe...funky cardboard maybe.... 1/2 way in stil no spice or body to speak of, smooth and well burning, flavors are kinda flat, tobacco and a bit of wood. 3/4 in more of the same. I think I may have had this one before... I guessing a sandwich blend, maybe a budget stick...habano....I'm guessing la Estrella cubana
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    First augusto Reyes I've had, I could see me buying some of those as a nice light afternoon smoke. Onward!!!
    Cigar B: Interesting looking wrapper, kind of a spotty multiple brown looking thing but no soft spots. Pre light draw is straight earth, nothing too spectacular. Easy light and it's burning pretty quick. Absolute zero spice, not really a whole lot of flavor with the exception of one main dominating flavor that I don't really know how to describe...funky cardboard maybe.... 1/2 way in stil no spice or body to speak of, smooth and well burning, flavors are kinda flat, tobacco and a bit of wood. 3/4 in more of the same. I think I may have had this one before... I guessing a sandwich blend, maybe a budget stick...habano....I'm guessing la Estrella cubana

Damn good Guess My Friend, you have the Habano Part right... it was a Ghurka European Selection 200 Habano!... I dont like Gurhkas for the most part just a very few do a thing for me! Now this is the way the game is supposed to Rock along!
  • Options
    Cigar C: maduro looking robusto, a little dry and one off color vein running g the whole length. Pre light was earth and aromatic note. On lighting I was hit with a blast of spice....nice! Burn is good flavors are leather, spice, dry cocoa and stil an aromatic note... But not a flavored stick kinda aromatic. I'm diggin this. 1/2 way in it gets smooth while maintaining a good spice, a sweet note appears and lots of woody flavors develop, this cigar has some body which is starting to become noticeable. Good smoke and I'm thinking Gurkha Empire
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Cigar C: maduro looking robusto, a little dry and one off color vein running g the whole length. Pre light was earth and aromatic note. On lighting I was hit with a blast of spice....nice! Burn is good flavors are leather, spice, dry cocoa and stil an aromatic note... But not a flavored stick kinda aromatic. I'm diggin this. 1/2 way in it gets smooth while maintaining a good spice, a sweet note appears and lots of woody flavors develop, this cigar has some body which is starting to become noticeable. Good smoke and I'm thinking Gurkha Empire

LOL It is a Good smoke and Alex and Tim (the Beard will like your review..... It was actually a CCOM Corojo white label..... Good smokes for sure especially for the Money!
  • Options
    Wow, ive never had that one either...i really need to get that house blend sampler. Great smokes Oz!! Thanks a ton! Also thanks for the extras, looking forward to the Folsom blend! Robby: yours went in the mail this afternoon.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Wow, ive never had that one either...i really need to get that house blend sampler. Great smokes Oz!! Thanks a ton! Also thanks for the extras, looking forward to the Folsom blend! Robby: yours went in the mail this afternoon.

My Pleasure and Thank you for starting this Game! Now it looks like We got it back on track! LOL
    Rock n Roll!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm ready... I'll fire them up this weekend hopefully...

so who's got next?
  • Options
    Hey Robby, forgot today was an effin holiday, you'll have em tomorrow. I'm goin to Vegas but will have full Internet access. May wanna eat before b and c....
  • Options
    ha... thanks for the warning... i'll get them fired up asap...

BTW, who is up next? I'll get some sticks out as soon as I get the info...