Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    cusccrstud21:
    hey rod....shoot me a pm when you get back in the states
    I definitely will.
  • Alright, for my question i'm going to stick with the current theme of a favorite team.....the question is.....Who is my favorite NCAA Men's College Basketball Team?? I'll be giving 1 clue a day from here on out......2 guesses per day.....good luck!
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    Hmm.... let's start with the MSU Spartans?
    Well, I'll just be throwing names out there but I'll go with ...Kansas Jayhawks
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll throw one out there too.

LSU Tigers
  • Clue #1: They were in the NCAA National Tourney....
    UCLA
    Memphis.
  • Clue #2: They didn't make it to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney....
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54
    BYU
    Oh, I just saw, we get 2 guesses per day. Can we make both guesses in one post?

If so, then here are my 2.

Oregon
    Arizona
  • Yea, you can make the 2 guesses in 1 post... Clue for the day: one of their colors is Red....
    Red... hmm, Indiana?

I'll take advantage of the two guess rule I suppose... USC.
  • ding ding ding we have a winner!!! CRIMSON AND CREAM TILL I DIE!!! Too bad we don't have any returning starters (Gordon is going to the draft, White has no eligibility, Bassett and Ellis are kicked off)...o well, still love my hoosiers!! PM me your info J0z3r and i'll get you a little something out on tuesday...and you're up!
    Awesome!! PM sent.

You guys are gonna have to give me a day or so to think up a challenge of my own, I didn't actually think I was going to guess it.

Joe
  • got your package today bro....thanks a lot! I haven't had a chance to look into it yet but i can't wait to open it and post the contents on here later tonight!!
    Ok, now for my challenge... I'm not sure how challenging it will be, but let's give it a shot. I've decided to change from sports related to movie related for a change of pace.

I am a fan of the movie Die Hard With a Vengeance, in fact I can pretty much recite the movie line for line. So, in that movie there is a bomb threat made against a school. What I would like to know: What is the name of that school?

Please one guess per person per day.

Hints will start tomorrow if nobody has guessed it. Good luck.

Joe
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Well let's see, how about a riddle from Simon.

"What is 21 out of 42?"

Zeus figured there were 42 US Presidents, but couldn't remember who was #21.
    Aaaahh, to the rescue, a New York dump truck driver with the answer, Chester A. Arthur.

The answer would be "Chester A. Arthur Elementary School".
    Lol, nicely played ashmaster.

Pm me your address info and I'll be getting some cigars out to you in the next couple days.

And now it would be your turn for the challenge.

Joe
    That was too easy, but definitely well played by Ashmaster.

Come on make the next one a challenge for us Ashmaster.
    I thought it might be a bit too easy, but at the same time I wanted to see someone get it quickly instead of having the challenge dwindle on for days while I gave clues. If/when I play again I'll make the challenge a doozy . :D

Joe
    Excellent, thanks Joe....PM sent

Guys, let me see what I can come up with.
    Thanks everyone for being patient. I don't know what it was, but dang it was kind of tough thinking of something....that was reasonable of course. So here goes

We have had a sports question and a movie question, so lets try a music question.

I never played in a band, the only thing I could do decently was sing. There was a time in my life when my musical taste was rather narrow. The one style of music that i really didn't listen to was.......rock (I know, what the ???? is wrong with this boy) and to think I used to sell stereos. Anyway, it was that way until I moved to Vegas. There, I was turned on to this group and a specific album. It didn't happen overnight, but it opened my eyes to a wonderful form of music and I am sure glad it did. With that being said lets get to the contest........name that group.

The rules...because we don't have a lot of groups to choose from, you have 2 guesses in any 24 hour period and of course clues will come if necessary. Good luck to all........
    Led Zeppelin IV
    Well, this is rather exciting (yawn). Thanks Ron for at least guessing, it was a good one.

As a matter of fact lets insert the first hint to try to get this going. They were around during the timeframe of Ron's guess.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Pink Floyd?
    The Eagles
    pilot711:
    Pink Floyd?
    We have a WINNER!!!!!!!!

Because you have the right answer I don't mind taking care of business. However, you have less than 25 posts and I didin't see your name in the "Good Traders and Stand up Folks thread". According to the rules did you get ahold of Crimthann?

"One thing For Newbies - if you have less than 25 post counts and no trading reputation (Good Traders and Stand up Folks thread) you MUST send a PM to me before attempting to win a challenge. You will be able to participate with the following condition. You must first send your package and have it received before the person you won from will send yours"

Sorry, I guess I should have read the post from the very beginning to understand the rules. My bad. I understand if you want to disqualify me. But if not I will sent my package to Crimthann. Just let me know what you want me to do. Sorry for the confusion.
    I just sent a PM to Crimthann to let him know what was up regarding my blunder.