Home Ratings & Reviews

cigar .com cigars

just a note about buying from an online store, when a problem arises, you cannot walk in and get it taken care of, because of this you all should have a 100 percent satisfaction or money back guarantee. you do not..

i have experienced my last no guarantee cigar from your company, i ordered 50 cameroon, and Cuban seed cigars form you this last time, and the wrappers are falling off, the construction stinks.
i know you cannot look at every cigar you ship, but you can warranty all of them.
you have lost my business , have a good life.
andrew by the way is a nice service person, you obviously don't give enough latitude to him to make things right.
i guess this is why there are stores...

Comments

• timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Steve - I am sorry to hear the cigars you ordered are not in good shape.  As per your telephone conversation today with Andrew,  his offer to mail you a return label in order to send those cigars back to us for a full refund still stands if you'd like to do so.  The return label pays for shipping back to us, so it won't cost you any money to ship them back.  I'll go ahead and send that label to you.  Use it to send back the cigars and I'll make sure you get a full refund.

I hate to hear about problems with any cigars, especially our House Blends.  I think you'll find this is the rare exception to the rule, as our House Blends have a high reorder percentage, which I find is a true reflection of a brands quality and consistency.  These particular House Blends are made by AJ Fernandez, one of the world's renowed manufacturers and a living legend among us cigar geeks here at Cigar.com.  He'll be the most upset to hear a cigar made at his factory was unsatisfactory.  Alex is already notifying him about your experience.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.  I have the return label in the mail.  Have a great day.

• Welcome to the forum!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Obviously he doesnt really know CCOM, saying that there is no 100% satisfaction guarantee. CCOM has always more than made things right for me
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Gotta love these 1-post wonders. They come on, rant, and never bother to mention that Ccom is willing to work with them if they'd only ask.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Your brick and mortar store won't contact the maker directly to inform them of the problem but cigar.com will. I think that is a tremendous statement of a commitment to quality and customer service for them to go this far for $100 in product. They take their reputation very seriously but not as serious as your satisfaction. You owe it to them to allow them to make it right.
    C.com yet again comes to the rescue.
    I recommend the Red Label house blend by the way
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    brizzzine:
    Welcome to the forum!

Hehe. This gave me a good chuckle.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    100% refund with free return shipping sounds like they are standing by their product.

Troll harder.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Wow. From the sound of it, sounds like UPS or USPS damaged his stuff and he didn't bother contacting any sales reps. UPS destroyed half my package once and Kelly sent in replacements for free and told me to keep everything.

For all you guys that get damaged packages from construction issues, damaged packages, acts of God, contact CCom and ask for a refund or replacement before trolling on the forums and condemning the sales reps. I guarantee they'll square you away.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Wow. From the sound of it, sounds like UPS or USPS damaged his stuff and he didn't bother contacting any sales reps. UPS destroyed half my package once and Kelly sent in replacements for free and told me to keep everything.

For all you guys that get damaged packages from construction issues, damaged packages, acts of God, contact CCom and ask for a refund or replacement before trolling on the forums and condemning the sales reps. I guarantee they'll square you away.
    Tim replaced one AB SCR once, because I cutit and the thing fell apart (above the shoulder)...he replaced it and sent me an additional. I was very impressed, granted it's not like i bought an entire box of something and they turned out like crap, it's just nice to see that the customer doesn't have to be a huge spender to get treated w/ great customer service.

"Long ashes my friends."

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I smoked a sungrown label today that literally exploded when I lit it.
    I mean it cracked from the foot all the way up to the head of the cigar.
    I said eff it and smoked it anyway... somehow I nubed it LOL.

• timb:

Steve - I am sorry to hear the cigars you ordered are not in good shape.  As per your telephone conversation today with Andrew,  his offer to mail you a return label in order to send those cigars back to us for a full refund still stands if you'd like to do so.  The return label pays for shipping back to us, so it won't cost you any money to ship them back.  I'll go ahead and send that label to you.  Use it to send back the cigars and I'll make sure you get a full refund.

I hate to hear about problems with any cigars, especially our House Blends.  I think you'll find this is the rare exception to the rule, as our House Blends have a high reorder percentage, which I find is a true reflection of a brands quality and consistency.  These particular House Blends are made by AJ Fernandez, one of the world's renowed manufacturers and a living legend among us cigar geeks here at Cigar.com.  He'll be the most upset to hear a cigar made at his factory was unsatisfactory.  Alex is already notifying him about your experience.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.  I have the return label in the mail.  Have a great day.

I just think it is great that the reps are here on the forum, andrew is a great guy has helped me out a bunch and one time when something went wrong with my lighter i asked cigar help to see what i should do he sent me out a BETTER lighter then i had free of charge. Andrew is a great guy just like the rest of the ccom staff their costumer services is one of the main reasons why i come back.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Another happy customer! It is hard to figure why some of these morons will not just send them back and bask in Ccom CS goodness. ANYTHING that was ever wrong was made right for me beyond my expectations.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
    Light 'em up.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Hey so I hear people talking about the sales reps...how does one get in touch with a rep to help them find things?
    dowjr1:
    Hey so I hear people talking about the sales reps...how does one get in touch with a rep to help them find things?
    There's two ways to do this. Email service@cigar.com or call 1-800-357-9800. I recommend calling during business hours as they can square you away really fast if you just take a few minutes to explain/ask/comment. If you're in the US, ask for Kelly or Tim. If you're outside the US, ask for Andrew as he's in charge of international orders.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Hey thanks for the tip...I will give them a call tomorrow as I am looking for some more Patel Bros.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pegsat:
    just a note about buying from an online store, when a problem arises, you cannot walk in and get it taken care of, because of this you all should have a 100 percent satisfaction or money back guarantee. you do not.. i have experienced my last no guarantee cigar from your company, i ordered 50 cameroon, and Cuban seed cigars form you this last time, and the wrappers are falling off, the construction stinks. i know you cannot look at every cigar you ship, but you can warranty all of them. you have lost my business , have a good life. andrew by the way is a nice service person, you obviously don't give enough latitude to him to make things right. i guess this is why there are stores...
    Perhaps you're caught up in the heat of anger? Get on the phone, get real, your claim of no support is most certainly unfounded, ask anyone here.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • While they do stand behind their products I too have given up after having 3 bad orders in a row. I don't have time to 'make things right' with each order. I would rather get it done right the first time. I just don't get how they think they can ship sticks without any humidification- one shipment to Kuwait- really? ship it to a desert without any humidification? They promised a 5 day delivery- it was 13- dry sticks- merry Christmas- yay.
    Nice people does not = customer service.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    So a 5-day international delivery took 13-days at Christmas time? I guess the Cigar.com trucks and planes were slacking that week? Seriously, take that up with the shipper. As for humidification, I agree, that should have been included esp to Kuwait. How many sticks did you order? From my experience, ordering a couple of sticks won't get you any humi-packs; larger orders will.
  • What was slacking was the customer service rep. that promised me 5 days. I questioned the delivery time considering the destination and the time of year. I was trying to be polite and not say I was lied to.
     Three orders without humidification; all were samplers of 20 sticks or more.
    Granted I am only 3 days from order to delivery but would a humi-care pillow kill them?
    My wife also ordered me 2 samplers that she didn't even open- just wrapped and put under the tree- both had zero humidification and were rubbish come Xmas morning.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats the thing with international shipping------sometimes you have to kuWAIT sooooo long for it to arrive.....................Wow, Im retarded.
    kingtim:
    While they do stand behind their products I too have given up after having 3 bad orders in a row. I don't have time to 'make things right' with each order. I would rather get it done right the first time. I just don't get how they think they can ship sticks without any humidification- one shipment to Kuwait- really? ship it to a desert without any humidification? They promised a 5 day delivery- it was 13- dry sticks- merry Christmas- yay.
    Nice people does not = customer service.
    Wow. So you're too busy to take 3 minutes out of your life and let them know that something went wrong? Like I said earlier, pick up the phone or email them and let them know. It's not like they're all-knowing wizards that can command USPS to hurry up with your package.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kingtim:
    What was slacking was the customer service rep. that promised me 5 days. I questioned the delivery time considering the destination and the time of year. I was trying to be polite and not say I was lied to.
    Granted I am only 3 days from order to delivery but would a humi-care pillow kill them?
    My wife also ordered me 2 samplers that she didn't even open- just wrapped and put under the tree- both had zero humidification and were rubbish come Xmas morning.
    this sounds a bit like your wifes fault.

if you are worried about this in the future, i would make sure to ask them to include humidification.

i once bought an ashtray here and cigars at the same time. i asked them to be shipped separately so the cigars didnt get ruined. they listened to my request and didnt even charge me extra for shipping two boxes. never hurts to ask.
    frankly im not sure why you didnt ask considering you were shipping half way around the world to an arid location.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    kingtim:
    What was slacking was the customer service rep. that promised me 5 days. I questioned the delivery time considering the destination and the time of year. I was trying to be polite and not say I was lied to.
    Well, that does kinda suck. But it really sounds like the exception rather than the norm compared to most everyone else's experiences. I had a small issue with an order around Christmas that was taken care of with no issues. I don't know if they have any temp reps in during the Christmas rush becuase I know they are crazy busy at that time. Also, how long were the samplers under the tree? A little TLC in the humi should bring them back over time.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    kingtim:
    the time it took you to write this is as much time as it takes to make the phone call to Ccom. if you have time to smoke a cigar, you have time to make a phone call. i have yet to have a problem with any orders from Ccom.
  • No not to busy. I did mention this when I placed my next order and was told that they don't always include humidification and was assured they would in the order I was placing (they did not). No offer to make things right, no apology. No hard feelings- I found a different supplier. I don't think they are all knowing wizards but truthfully if they don't know what they are talking about in reference to shipping their own product perhaps they should not 'promise' a 5 day delivery. I am not bashing anyone here- just sharing an experience.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it seems strange how of the hundreds (if not thousands) of orders that are taken on a weekly basis, the one that gets screwed up always finds its way to the board before they make their way to the phone to call about it being fixed...
  • GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    NEVER had a problem with ccom's cigars. Ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I had a problem before with one order but I never said anything - I didn't feel the need. Ccom provides great service, fast shipping, and fair prices. Besides, everyone makes mistakes and we all know **** happens. I try not to sweat the small stuff.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I get cigars from CCOM sent here several times per month and never have any problems.
    Light 'em up.