Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Coming Home Contest **bip Is Grand Prize Winner**

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
Rick and Lakota have gone to a new post to wait for their return flight back to the states. Depending on when their transport is ready they are going to either leave on the 27th or 28th of this month. So the first part of this contest is simple pick the day and time they both step off the airplane back in the U.S. Rick will post when they both stepped off the plane in the states. The one that either picked the correct day and time or came the closes will win a 10 pack of cigars.

The second part of this contest is just as simple. Rick has told me that once they arrive in the U.S. it can take anywhere from 4 to 15 days for him (Rick) to reach home. So all you have to do is pick the day and the time Rick steps foot in his home where he and his family live. Rick will login to the Ccom forums to let us all know he made it safely and also which one of you either nailed the day and time or came the closes. That is why it is Important that you make sure you pick a time as well as the date.

The winner will receive a brand new 20 count humidor, 15 sticks from my inventory and a brand new pocket knife of my choice (courtesy of my website).

Please post your guesses like this Steps off the plane X-XX-2011 @ 1300. Steps through the door X-X-2011@ 0917. For those that are not familiar with military time please look at the table below. Or you can use this free convertor Civilian - Military time Converter Calculator (this converter opens in a new window)

The reason for military time will insure no confussion should someone forget to put am or pm after their picked time.

So let the guessing begin....and good luck to all.

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Steps off the plane: 1 Jul 2011 at 0630hrs.

Steps through the door: 4 Jul 2011 at 1130hrs.

Great contest! Welcome home, men!

***Edited from new info given.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Damn, nice contest man! thanks. I'll say:

Steps off plane 6/30/11 @ 0700 hrs

Steps through door 7/5/11 @1600 hrs
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steps off plane 6/30/11 @ 1900 hrs
    Steps through door 7/6/11 @1600 hrs

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Steps off 7/1/2011 @ 2000 hrs

Rick seems creative. He'll get home quick.

Steps through 7/6/2011 @1800 hrs

Makes love to his wife 7/6/2011 @ 1801 hrs LOL
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Steps off the plane June 30th at 1440.
    stepps through the door July 4th at 1133
    thanks for the game and I'm glad that they're comming home.
    One God, One Truth
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Off the plane at 1330 on June 30th
    Through the door at 1700 on June 3rd
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367

> OK, due to the change, Step of the plane July 01 @ 0200 hours.
    step through the door July 03 @ 1100 hours.

If another change and it goes back to as planned, see below...

Step off the plane on June 27th @ 1100 hours
    Step through the door on July 2 @ 1600 hours.

Welcome home guys, thanks for contests.
  • Steps off the plane 06-28-2011 @ 2100. Steps through the door 07-03-2011@ 1600 welcome home!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    No pick but welcome home and thanks for your service.
    beatnic:
    Haha! LOL

And after a long deployment away from his wife:

Smokes his first after sex cigar back home 7/6/2011 @ 1803 hrs

(...sorry Rick, couldn't help it bro...;-))
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Steps off plane 6/28/11 at 2140 hours, steps in house 7/3/11 1805 hours
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    steps off 6-29 at 1100 , steps into home 7-3 1800 , thanks for the contest and welcome back men! adjustment// steps off on 7-1 at 0100 , steps in home on 7-5 at 1100
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Damn, I guess me and Rick can't play huh? That would be an unfair advantage. LOL Are we allowed to post a quick hint though?
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Plane, 6/28 @ 0900Home, 07/03 @2145
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    beatnic:
    Haha! LOL

LOL, you guys are too funny. Thanks Mike for once again embarrassing me. You guys do the craziest things on here. Just keep the fun going....
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Heavy:
    beatnic:
    Haha! LOL

The question is, when his wife picks him up, do they make it all the way home before....??

Steps off plane 6/30/11 @ 0830 hrs
    Steps through door 7/3/11 @1615 hrs
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Damn, I guess me and Rick can't play huh? That would be an unfair advantage. LOL Are we allowed to post a quick hint though?
    You know maybe one small one. I remember when I would PCS from overseas sometimes we rode military and sometimes commercial so that would change where we would land, either military base or civilian airport.

How about a hint of what mode of travel and whether you land state side at a base or civilian airport. That should help some and for the guys that already posted their guesses if you want to change your guess because of the new hint please go ahead....just edit your original post instead of posting another guess.

I will do one thing for you and Rick since you all can't participate. If someone on here picks the correct date and time either for stepping off the plane or Rick stepping through the door you and Rick get a little something something.....say 10 sticks each.
    RCY Cigars:
    Heavy:
    beatnic:
    Haha! LOL

LOL, you guys are too funny. Thanks Mike for once again embarrassing me. You guys do the craziest things on here. Just keep the fun going....
    Sorry brother....to help ease the embarrassment I recommend a weekend of cigars and beer in a relaxing position. If on the other hand you feel the need to beat me up I suggest we herf first...then the beatings can begin!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    OK so I have made an adjustment
    Step off the plane on June 30th @ 1650 hours
    Step through the door on July 5 @ 2200 hours.

Welcome home both of you.
    ***Attention***

Well it looks like the military once again can't decide what it wants to do. I have been informed by Rick that they have had their departure date pushed back to the 30th of this month. If I were taking part in this I would edit my guess based on this new intel. However any of you here that are active duty or have been know full well this could change back to the original dates as stated in the opening post.

Despite the new departure date I would keep your original guesses and just add a new one to them to keep up with the change. Maybe they are being punished for all the bombs dropped during their tour??
  • bipbip Posts: 483
    30 june 2011@2315 Arrive home 7 July 2011 @2100
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    ***Attention***

Well it looks like the military once again can't decide what it wants to do. I have been informed by Rick that they have had their departure date pushed back to the 30th of this month. If I were taking part in this I would edit my guess based on this new intel. However any of you here that are active duty or have been know full well this could change back to the original dates as stated in the opening post.

Despite the new departure date I would keep your original guesses and just add a new one to them to keep up with the change. Maybe they are being punished for all the bombs dropped during their tour??
    Ok, So basically all of this is correct. The extra clue,

We will be traveling by military air and arriving at a military installation. That should help a bit with some predictions.
    RCY Cigars:
    Heavy:
    beatnic:
    Haha! LOL

LOL - all in good fun my friend! You guys get home safe!
    When I rotated out here it took six days instead of three. Optimism never hurt anyone though, so I'm going to guess...

Step off the plane on July 1st @ 0700 hours and...
    Step through the door on July 4 @ 1600 hours.

JDE

Well 2 days away from the projected departure date, get your guesses in.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    OK I'll get in on this, always appreciate any brothers serving our country.

OK my guesses are:
    Step off the plane on July 3rd @ 1800 hours and
    Step through the door on July 8th @ 1300 hours.

And in advance of your return, welcome home!
    ***Attention***

Well there is a new update, Seems the military travel agency can't get everybody on the same plan. TODAY Lakota is leaving for home but Rick and a few of the others are being held back until the 5th of July. Man the military really knows how to screw up what was a very simple return home.

So since Rick and Lakota and the rest have to adapt and overcome so will we. So here is what we are going to do cause I love our military and love all the brothers and sisters here on the Ccom forum. I didn't get Ricks PM till late this morning, so I would guess that Lakota is probably in the air by now ( not sure how far Germany is ahead of us time wise) The 5 pack for guessing when they both step off the plane will now be picked by a random number drawn between 1 and 2400.

This reflects the time you have all been using to guess their arrival time. If by chance there are 2 or more guesses for the drawn time all parties involved will receive a 5 pack. Sorry but it is the only way I know how to be fair and have you all not lose interest in this contest.

For the grand prize we will still have it where Rick steps off the plane and steps through the door but I highly recommend that you all make new guesses from this point on. So please do not edit your original guess that you have made because those times will be used for picking a winner when I can get word from Lakota as to when he arrived.

However if you all are still interested in taking part in this contest please make a new guess now from this point on according to Ricks new departure date of 5 July 2011. The grand prize is still the same but now I am increasing the number of sticks at minimum it will now be 20 or it could be more.

I pray for safe passage for Latoka and also for Rick and the rest of the unit when they finally get to leave. I do understand what they are going through and all the emotions running through them....been there.....done that.....bought the tshirt!

You should make part of the competition a guess at whether or not there will be any more delays!

Step off the plane on July 6th @ 0700 hours and...
    Step through the door on July 8th @ 1600 hours.

JDE

JonathanE:
    You should make part of the competition a guess at whether or not there will be any more delays!

Step off the plane on July 6th @ 0700 hours and...
    Step through the door on July 8th @ 1600 hours.

JDE

You know what that is a good idea....I got plenty of sticks...at least I think I do. So how best to do this cause it just can't be a guess of yes or no. If you all like that idea suggested by JDE please post how best to do it.
    OK, here's my new guess

Steps off plane July 7 @ 0850 hrs
    Steps through front door July 9 @2030 hrs