Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Stupid rain I'll be smoking nothing tonight.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, yeah I hate that suff too. I'll smoke in the garage or open the patio door and use the air purifier if it's raining and I'm really feeling it. Though the garage isn't finished and the smoke bothers my wife so that's usually not a good thing.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Started with a Rocky Patel The Edge at work , finishing work with a Tatiana flavored cigar in a tin- heavy berry vanilla flavor-different-not sure what tonite holds besides some Makers Mark
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    After Joe got me thinking about Bauza, I had to give that one a light.. As always, very enjoyable. A great cigar from the Fuentes family. Yesterday was a VigilantE, I missed this one when it first came out and now they are harder to find. A nice cigar, but once is probably enough for me.
  • Options
    Well thanks to Rob I'm having a La Aroma Barrel Aged churchill, very good smoke so far. Which isn't good as I might need to pick up more.. And here I am trying to thin my stock with things I can pass on... oh my
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Started with a Rocky Patel The Edge at work , finishing work with a Tatiana flavored cigar in a tin- heavy berry vanilla flavor-different-not sure what tonite holds besides some Makers Mark
    Which Makers Mark? I've had the whiskey one on the 4th, not bad but I think there's another..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a Fuente Don Carlos #3, a good cigar though I feel the ones I have still need to sleep for a while. I was getting some pretty nasty tasting tar buildup at the head and noted a moderate deal of tongue bite as I passed the halfway mark. Those are big negatives in my book, as they detract greatly from the enjoyment factor. I think I'll try another one in 6 months and see where they are then.
  • Options
    not sure if theres more than one pheebs-but what i have is smooootthhh
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    Tonight was a Fuente Don Carlos #3, a good cigar though I feel the ones I have still need to sleep for a while. I was getting some pretty nasty tasting tar buildup at the head and noted a moderate deal of tongue bite as I passed the halfway mark. Those are big negatives in my book, as they detract greatly from the enjoyment factor. I think I'll try another one in 6 months and see where they are then.
    That's very atypical of my experience with them, Joe. Very atypical. How new was it?
  • Options
    Not very new...I've had the box for at least 5-6 months. This one was actually atypical from my past experiences from the same box...I've only had three, this being my third, from the box and all seemed as though they could use some more time, but none were quite like this. I'm not sure what to make of it, except to take a "wait and see" stance.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday it was an AVO XO Notturno. Very, very good. Goes on my preferred list, although I may prefer a longer version of it - maybe a Maestoso. Tonight it was a Romeo y Julieta lancero. Acceptable, not great. This one doesn't make the list. Marty
  • Options
    Weird, Joe.

After a couple of nights off, I had one of my R&J Reserva Reals. This one was a bit off. Oh, well. Can't win 'em all.
  • Options
    urbino:
    This one was a bit off. Oh, well. Can't win 'em all.
    I'm thinking it is the collective anti-smoker juju throwing our experiences off. Now if only they could harness that power for something useful....

I decided to go out for one more tonight, the choice was an Ashton VSG corona gorda. This one smoked very nice, somewhat uneven burn, but it was consistent and the flavor was very balanced, unlike another smaller ring VSG, the Illusion, that I had a couple months back. So I'm thinking the collective juju is hit or miss...hit me once, missed me once.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I decided to go out for one more tonight
    Joe, have I told you how much I hate your SoCal weather?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    This one was a bit off. Oh, well. Can't win 'em all.
    I'm thinking it is the collective anti-smoker juju throwing our experiences off. Now if only they could harness that power for something useful....
    Yes, they should use their powers for good, not evil. (Whoever they are.)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I've been smoking in a garage warmed by a wood stove, dont get that opportunity every winter so i'm taking advantage of it. Dad in law saw my traveling stash of sticks and asked me if i wanted to go smoke in the garage, i never knew he smoked sticks so i was excited. We get out there and he whips out...well, they come on a brown tube and they are sold 4 for 5$ at the drug store...WOOF. Anyways i handed him a 5 Vegas Gold. He loved it! I was puffing away on an Onyx and he said that smelled good and wanted to know if i had anything like that. Figured i'd shoot for the top and i gave him a RP 92, He raved about that one too. SWEET i converted someone lol!! He ended up tossing the dog rockets in the fire and i loaded him up with all sorts of cigar websites. I'm going to send him on of my spare humidors along with a really broad selection. I'm leaving him with an Oliva G maduro, CCOM Brazilia label and a Oliva G Cameroon. Who knows, may even see him on here before long :)!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I've been smoking in a garage warmed by a wood stove, dont get that opportunity every winter so i'm taking advantage of it. Dad in law saw my traveling stash of sticks and asked me if i wanted to go smoke in the garage, i never knew he smoked sticks so i was excited. We get out there and he whips out...well, they come on a brown tube and they are sold 4 for 5$ at the drug store...WOOF. Anyways i handed him a 5 Vegas Gold. He loved it! I was puffing away on an Onyx and he said that smelled good and wanted to know if i had anything like that. Figured i'd shoot for the top and i gave him a RP 92, He raved about that one too. SWEET i converted someone lol!! He ended up tossing the dog rockets in the fire and i loaded him up with all sorts of cigar websites. I'm going to send him on of my spare humidors along with a really broad selection. I'm leaving him with an Oliva G maduro, CCOM Brazilia label and a Oliva G Cameroon. Who knows, may even see him on here before long :)!!
    You're going to have to start talking about his daughter on here lol .... Glad you showed someone the way. BLEH drugstore cigars ..
  • Options
    that's one way of getting in with the in-laws.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I haven't had a stick since before New Years, what with having a cold and then visiting at my Mom's. Tonight I lit up a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II toro. OH MY SWEET LORD! I have always enjoyed everything in their catalog.... but this is the best I have ever had from them. I'm not real good at descriptions, but it's rich, rather full bodied. Cocoa and coffee, I guess. I won a ten pack off one of the auction sites. Perfect draw, lots of smoke, great aroma.

If you get a chance to get your hands on some of these, don't hesitate, they are fabulous. I've only seen them in sampler packs up until now. Alex, I want to buy a box or three, you need to offer these! Please, please, please!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Not very new...I've had the box for at least 5-6 months. This one was actually atypical from my past experiences from the same box...I've only had three, this being my third, from the box and all seemed as though they could use some more time, but none were quite like this. I'm not sure what to make of it, except to take a "wait and see" stance.
    Looks like you may be doing some trading soon joe, would you like some Sherpas or Titans in trade for those rotten D.C.s ?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    It wasn't beautiful out, just tolerable. Then again, maybe high 30's/ low 40's is good smoking weather for some of you guys at this time of year...I certainly wouldn't envy that.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    It wasn't beautiful out, just tolerable. Then again, maybe high 30's/ low 40's is good smoking weather for some of you guys at this time of year...I certainly wouldn't envy that.
    It's been in the 30s and raining here for like 3 days. Tonight, I started building an ark and it up and started snowing on me. I'd actually prefer it to get a little colder and drier. Nothing sucks worse than 35 degrees, windy as hell and tons of rain.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    It's been in the 30s and raining here for like 3 days. Tonight, I started building an ark and it up and started snowing on me. I'd actually prefer it to get a little colder and drier. Nothing sucks worse than 35 degrees, windy as hell and tons of rain.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
  • Options
    Holy smoke Luko, to iterate is not once, but three times...must be weather of monumental severity. :)

Tonight I finally tried a cigar I've been wondering about for some time, a Gurkha Genghis Khan. This is a fairly large cigar, 7.5 x 53, so I took some reading material. I'd say this lived up to its hype, a wonderfully flavorful cigar that had a very diverse complexity. I don't know that I'd keep them on hand, as the size is fairly cumbersome and I don't prefer it, but it was a very good cigar. All told, it took me close to 2.5 hours to smoke, and I let it die with a little more than 2 inches left.
  • Options
    Luko don't ya hate when you sneeze and that chit happens lol
  • Options
    good job jetmech good job
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    You're going to have to start talking about his daughter on here lol

OH CRAP i think i shot myself in the foot!! Not good, Not good ROFL!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today at the shop i had an Oliva Series V figurado.

thats a tasty stick.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    madurofan:
    You're going to have to start talking about his daughter on here lol

OH CRAP i think i shot myself in the foot!! Not good, Not good ROFL!!
    You can hang out with doody on the cripples couch.