Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Super Bowl Game!

NEW GAME!!!

I'm throwing out some feelers and seeing who is interested in this. It's a cigar twist on an old classic. If you've ever played Super Bowl Squares before...you know where i'm going with this. 10 people send me 4 cigars each. Label then 1,2,3 and 4 or if not i'll randomly pick. I'll create a grid of squares 10 across by 10 columns, a total of 100 squares. Your name will go in a hat 10 times. I'll draw from the hat and fill in the names left to right(keeping it random). Once the names are filled in the numbers 0-9 will be put in the hat and drawn. The numbers correspond with the top and side. Then the two teams will be labeled, on on each side. Like your looking at a graph. Once done i'll email it to all participants. At the end of the first quarter the score(it goes by the last digit of the score) if the score is Team A- 7 Team B-3, just use the grid to see who is in that square, they will win the aforementioned cigars. Just that easy....all the work is done on my end:). 4 people will win 10 cigars. I'll ship them out the following monday. Anyone interested? Also you think it would be a conflict of interests if i played? I swear i'm legit :)

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds good, count me in on this one. I don't think it would be a conflict if you played, it's all pretty random anyway, so unless you can somehow influence the score of the game I think all is good. Besides, if you could manage to set up point fixing, I doubt you'd want to do it for cigars...I'd be in Vegas myself.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    i'll jump in on this too if you don't get 10 people, but if you get 10 without me, someone else can take my spot.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I hate football, but I love cigars...count me in, if you have no objections to having to mail all those winnings to Canada. :)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Canada is fine with me, eh! OK so thats 4....
  • I'd love to get in.
    bangalohr:
    I'd love to get in.

Sweet! Welcome aboard! Thats 5...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hey, Jet.. I'll get in on this.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Hey, Jet.. I'll get in on this.
    Holy Crapp everybody.. Call off the search party.. Joes Back !! Hey Joe we miss-ded you.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The prodigal son returneth...or something like that....now if only Lassarus would rise from the dead...
    Thanks for the welcome, guys! Kas, I told you I'd be back :)

I was pretty busy with the holidays.. haven't been smoking too many cigars. Had a bad case of the New Year's Flu (or at least, flu-like symptoms). I'm also trying teaching the kids how to play piano, and trying myself to learn the guitar. Plus, there were like 26 straight days of televised football, so that limited my availability a bit, too ;)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:

I was pretty busy with the holidays.. haven't been smoking too many cigars. Had a bad case of the New Year's Flu (or at least, flu-like symptoms). I'm also trying teaching the kids how to play piano, and trying myself to learn the guitar. Plus, there were like 26 straight days of televised football, so that limited my availability a bit, too ;)
    Yeah, I tried to warn the guys, I mean let the guys know not to give up hope. I can't wait to hear what else you 've been up to.
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:

Yeah, I tried to warn the guys, I mean let the guys know not to give up hope. I can't wait to hear what else you 've been up to.
    Not much else, really. I can't play hockey because my foot won't fit in the boot, and I'm taking the season off because I can't afford to play after forking out a couple grand for my new bionic foot. I'm not supposed to climb yet, although I did make it to the gym two weeks after the surgery to win a bet with somebody that I could climb better than him using only one foot :)

We hosted 60 people at our annual December party, at which I made my famous chili, and I drank so much that I by the end of the night I was walking around my house claiming, "I'm healed! It's a miracle!" (mistake).... hmm.. presenting WP with my stimulus package, but that doesn't take much time ;) Lots of pipe smoking. I've definitely begun to get the hang of that. I dunno.. what's everybody else been up to? I've been trying to read through the posts, and a lot are so old I'm too late to respond :)

I see most everybody else's names around, and one or two new names.. Haven't seen Shirley's name on any of the posts.. what's he been up to? I hear Lassy is on a bit of a vacation as well. Vankleek? BTMisles? umm.. Big Dan? (j/k).

Hope everybody had a nice holiday... now that "work" is slowly ramping up, I should have a little more time available to shoot the breeze :)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    The prodigal son returneth...or something like that....now if only Lassarus would rise from the dead...
    Well played, sir. Well played.
    Van and BT still pop up here and there, now and then.
    Sweet! thats 6, four more to go!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I think you can count me in on this...make it atleast a little more interesting to watch the Super Bowl
    Jetmech_63:
    Sweet! thats 6, four more to go!
    Wait, are you counting me? You shouldn't count me. I'm just jibbering from the sidelines.
    Not counting you Urb's but thanks to Brandon were down to 3!!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Been thinking about this a while, count me in. Going to need your address Jetmech. When do you want these stogies sent?
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    urbino:
    Van and BT still pop up here and there, now and then.
    Yep I'm still here. I am just the strong silent type...ok silent type.

In regards to this thread...You can count me in Jet. Just let me know where to send the smokes and when do you want 'em.
    Shweet! 1 more person to go! Once I get 10 people i'll spam out my address to ya'll.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I guess I can do this as well but it probably wont be until next week that I can get the sticks sent to you.
    I'm out of here for the weekend at Disney. I'll be back on-line on Wednesday. After that, I'll get your addy and send some stuff your way.
    And Stoogee makes it 10!! We have a game! More to follow.
    Ok so we got...
    ME
    Joz3r
    Rdnstn
    Laker
    Bangalohr
    dutyje
    bbc020
    GarenB
    Btmisles
    Stoogee

That's 10. I'll PM yall my address. Somewhere on the box mark the word "Superbowl" so i know it's for that, the house is becoming like a UPS Depot lately :). Send 4 sticks for the game. I'll randomly seperate them(or the wife will) into 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtr prizes and will send them out Feb 2nd. Also when i send ya'll my address, respond with your email address so i can send out the sheet when i get it done. Once again it goes like this(hypothetical teams of course):

At the end of the first qtr the score is Redskins 0, Cowboys 7. Find the 0 on the redskins side and the 7 on the Cowboys side and whoever is in the square where those two meet, wins that qtr's prize. If the score is 2 digits(i.e 20) it will go by the last digit, in this case 0. 0,3 and 7 are coveted spots but i've seen this game go all over the place, it's fun. It'll really have some people biting their nails with a pending field goal or last minute drive with seconds left in a qtr!

EDIT: All PM's Sent
    OK, the sheet is made and emailed out to everyone. Duty and Ron, check your PM, I still need your Email addresses! Send the sticks anytime before the superbowl, just mark "superbowl" somewhere on the box.
  • My sticks are in the mail. I forgot to label them Superbowl. 4 cigars in a bag with a pillow from Doug Lohr.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Dang, I forgot to label mine too. 4 cigars in a bag from Garen Bayless.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Mine will be in the mail tomorrow.
    Hit the shop today.. I'm very excited about what I got to throw in there.. much better than it would have been if I had sent it out earlier. It'll be on its way tomorrow as well.