Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Wow. That was fast. Gates. Sproles. Jackson. Touchdown.

And the Cards don't have to go play in bad weather next week. The plot thickens.
    Fast and short-lived. Seems Pittsburgh can score, too.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, the Special Teams can score! haha I can't believe the Eagles won that game... The only good thing about that is like you said, the Cards don't have to go play in the cold. I hope they beat Philly worse than they beat Carolina... GO ARIZONA!
    Ok, not just the Special teams... This could be a good game, but the Steelers should win it. Next week should be two TOUGH games. I do love Play-off football!!!
    I'd've done want Jim Nantz mentioned on that SD punt: take the safety and reset the field position. Your defense is exhausted, and now has to go right back out on a short field.
    See. Instant Steelers TD. Shoulda taken the safety.

Unrelated thought: this has been the most turnover-oriented playoffs I can remember. The Dolphins turned it over a ton, the Panthers and Titans even more. Key Giants and Chargers turnovers look to have sunk them, too.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    The Steelers seem to need to feel they're the underdog, that they're not appreciated. I'm printing and sending them Urbi's comment that he isn't sold on them and is more impresssed with Baltimore's D. It's going up on the bulletin board until they can knock Joe Flacco back to Delaware.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Well its official, Tony Dungy retires today after 7 yrs as Colts coach. He will be missed. A class act. Tony always done the right thing even when nobody was watching, he backed up the talk and his beliefs with the way he lives and the way he coached.

Now, on to the Jim Caldwell era. Some folks will say Jim who and look at what he did at Wake Forest but...but he has spent 8 yrs mentoring under the great Dungy, I believe he will be very successful . Can't wait for draft day , you know, the next event of importance to those of us without a team in the playoffs now, lol.

Dungy is a class act and the NFL definitely needs more guys like him. I do agree with everything you wrote. I promise I just don't try to relate everything in football to the Steelers, but I feel Coach Chuck Noll had a tremendous influence on Dungy, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a classier guy in the game than either of them.
    I agree about Chuck Noll. I think he taught Dungy alot about not only football but how to be a coach and a man and carry himself in good times and bad....a very lasting affect- I hope Tony was able to impart that wisdom on Jim Caldwell....time will tell.
    Yes. Dungy will be greatly missed. It's a big loss for the NFL as both a sport and a business.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Dungy will be missed. He may only have one ring but the man won two Super Bowls. The Bucs should have sent him a ring for the SB they won.
    Yes Dungy was a GREAT man and a great coach. I hope he has a great retirement and gets to be with his family because that is clearly the most important thing in the world to him! Thanks for the memories Dung!
    Ok, this is a BIG weekend with the Conference Championship games!
    To me the game that I am most emotionally interested in is the Cards and Philly! I am pulling for the Cards for several reasons. Number 1 reason being, THEY AREN'T THE EAGLES!!! haha But seriously, I think it would be awesome to see them go all the way simply because they haven't been a serious team in my life-time. They are the definate underdogs here and I am cheering for them all the way! The fact that they are playing at home and don't have the weather concerns they would in Philly is a plus, and the fact that this is the 3rd round of the playoffs where the Eagles had to go on the road and Philly to Arizona is a LONG trip. Should be interesting!! I'm picking the Cards to win.

The AFC game will probably be the most exciting and the one with more factors at play. The Steelers and Ravens met twice in the regular season and the Steelers won both games, but both games combined they only won by 7 points. This could be a tough, hard fought, low scoring, defensive game! The fact that the Ravens have lost twice gives them motivation just like it did when the Giants beat Dallas in the playoffs last year after losing both regular season games. That also gives the Steelers the confidence to know they CAN beat the Ravens defense even if it is only by a few points. Ben has been in 2 AFC title games already and has the experience to handle that kind of pressure and Flacco is the Rookie that could be a bit shakey in a big game like this... Might be a factor that could hurt the Ravens, or could be the kind of thing Flacco feeds off of like most great athletes. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Tom Brady... those guys feed off of high pressure situations and it causes them to play harder and more focused... Is Flacco that type of guy? I guess we will see this weekeng! I'm picking the Steelers to win, but pulling for the Ravens. Either way it will be exciting!
  • the steelers should pull it out by about 3. I'm picking my Cards to win by 10. They'll be closing the roof on the stadium to amplify the crowd noise again. It gets unbelievably loud in there, and it keeps the visiting qb from getting cute with his snap count. You'll see some DEs getting a jump on the snap and putting real pressure on mcnabb.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Now that the Panthers are out, I have to begin my annual ritual of ranking the remaining teams to determine the order of my fan allegiance in various potential Super Bowl matchups.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers. This is an easy one, because they're my #2 team. My wife's family is mostly Steelers fans (my family is mostly Browns fans, but I don't care about that rivalry.. I like both teams). Most importantly, I am a huge Ben Roethlisberger fan since his days at Miami. I regularly wear his Redhawks jersey on Steelers game days.

2. Philadelphia Eagles. This is hard, because I absolutely despise Eagles fans. They may be the worst fans in the NFL, although Raiders, Jets, and Pats fans get on my nerves as well. But it comes down to this: I hate T.O. (except that year he was on my fantasy team). I want McNabb to win a Super Bowl, and T.O. to not win one. It's not so much that I love McNabb as I hate T.O.

3. Arizona Cadrinals. The Cardinals have always been a likeable, harmless little team until last Saturday when they embarrassed my Panthers. I grew up a Rams fan, and Kurt Warner posted his Super Bowl victory the same year that I moved south and officially declared my allegiance to the Panthers. I was pleased to see Warner make a comeback with the Cards and start ahead of that chump Leinart. I like the Cardinals a lot less now, and I am putting the finishing touches on my Warner voodoo doll. So why aren't the Cards ranked last on my list?

4. Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens are, and will always be, the very bottom-ranked team on my list. Art Modell is a scumbag. My family is made up almost entirely of life-long Cleveland Browns fans. I hated seeing the Ravens with the Super Bowl. I want my family to eventually see their team win a Super Bowl.
    Magic 8 Ball:
    Outlook Not So Good

So there you have it. I'm rooting for the Steelers. I'm pulling for the Eagles over the Cards, and would pull for either of them against the Ravens.

I still can't believe it about the Panthers.
    I guess my preferences for SB champs would be:

1. Cards (despite Warner)
    2. Eagles (despite their fans)
    3. Ravens (despite Ray Lewis)
    4. Steelers
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    heh,

Mine would have to be

1. Steelers
    2.Cardinals(they've never even been there)
    3. Ravens(I can't blame Modell for moving the Browns, if I owned something in Cleveland I'd move it too)
    4. No one, I'd rather the Super Bowl be canceled than see that classless fan base and organization win it.
    dutyje:
    Now that the Panthers are out, I have to begin my annual ritual of ranking the remaining teams to determine the order of my fan allegiance in various potential Super Bowl matchups.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers. This is an easy one, because they're my #2 team. My wife's family is mostly Steelers fans (my family is mostly Browns fans, but I don't care about that rivalry.. I like both teams). Most importantly, I am a huge Ben Roethlisberger fan since his days at Miami. I regularly wear his Redhawks jersey on Steelers game days.

2. Philadelphia Eagles. This is hard, because I absolutely despise Eagles fans. They may be the worst fans in the NFL, although Raiders, Jets, and Pats fans get on my nerves as well. But it comes down to this: I hate T.O. (except that year he was on my fantasy team). I want McNabb to win a Super Bowl, and T.O. to not win one. It's not so much that I love McNabb as I hate T.O.

3. Arizona Cadrinals. The Cardinals have always been a likeable, harmless little team until last Saturday when they embarrassed my Panthers. I grew up a Rams fan, and Kurt Warner posted his Super Bowl victory the same year that I moved south and officially declared my allegiance to the Panthers. I was pleased to see Warner make a comeback with the Cards and start ahead of that chump Leinart. I like the Cardinals a lot less now, and I am putting the finishing touches on my Warner voodoo doll. So why aren't the Cards ranked last on my list?

4. Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens are, and will always be, the very bottom-ranked team on my list. Art Modell is a scumbag. My family is made up almost entirely of life-long Cleveland Browns fans. I hated seeing the Ravens with the Super Bowl. I want my family to eventually see their team win a Super Bowl.
    Magic 8 Ball:
    Outlook Not So Good

So there you have it. I'm rooting for the Steelers. I'm pulling for the Eagles over the Cards, and would pull for either of them against the Ravens.

I still can't believe it about the Panthers.
    By the way, I like the cut of your jib.
    I don't think you should admit that you are checking out his jib... Thats a little personal!

My picks for the SB would be:
    1. Cards
    2. Ravens
    3. Steelers
    4. Beagles

I truely hate the Eagles and D. McNabb! He is an over-rated whine bag that was a decent qb before he got fat and lazy, but was never a Championship caliber player or he would have that ring by now! God knows he got enough chances at it! How many NFC title games has he played in? Plus his one SB... I hope the Cards blow them out BIG TIME!!!
    madurofan:
    heh,

Mine would have to be

1. Steelers
    3. Ravens(I can't blame Modell for moving the Browns, if I owned something in Cleveland I'd move it too)
    4. No one, I'd rather the Super Bowl be canceled than see that classless fan base and organization win it.
    I can see your point #4, but, OTOH, doody's onto something with his point #2.
    Couldn't agree more about the Eagles. The only fan base more classless than the Eagles are the Flyers. Last year when the Pens were playing the Flyers in the playoffs, a Flyers fan spit right on the jersey of a female Pens fan when they were in Philly. Are you effing kidding me.

Mine would have to be:
    1. Steelers 2. Cardinals 3. Super Bowl cancelled
  • Luko:
    Mine would have to be:
    1. Steelers 2. Cardinals 3. Super Bowl cancelled

flip that
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    heh,

Mine would have to be

1. Steelers
    I can see your point #4, but, OTOH, doody's onto something with his point #2.
    How about this:

McNabb does his best Jake Delhomme and gets run out of Philly. He lands with another organization (ANY organization) and wins a Super Bowl sometime down the road before T.O. gets his shot (or especially against T.O.)

If somebody could guarantee that would happen, I would revise my rankings as follows:
    1. Steelers
    2. Cardinals
    3. ummmmm... Super Bowl canceled? I like what people have done here.

Philly fans are the worst. Scum of the earth. I've never met a respectable Philly fan in any sport. Still, it doesn't change the fact that they've got some very respectable players.
    dutyje:
    How about this:

McNabb does his best Jake Delhomme and gets run out of Philly. He lands with another organization (ANY organization) and wins a Super Bowl sometime down the road before T.O. gets his shot (or especially against T.O.)
    Under those circumstances, I'd go:

1. Cards
    2. Ravens
    3. Florida vs. Utah
    4. Steelers
    good thinking, Urbi... with your suggestion, I'd revise to:

1. Steelers
    2. Utah vs. Florida
    3. Cards
    4. App State vs. Detriot Lions
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    dutyje:
    good thinking, Urbi... with your suggestion, I'd revise to:

1. Steelers
    2. Utah vs. Florida
    3. Cards
    4. App State vs. Detriot Lions
    I'd put my paycheck on App State...if I were a betting man.
    I'll go all Joe Namath on ya and guarantee a App State win .....
    Hey Four how bout the colts.....try living thru some tough times ......before the manning era
  • Well, I'm 26 hours from gametime and I'm too excited to function. Cardinals 31 Eagles 21. I have a Beauty waiting to be a victory smoke.