Home General Discussion

Most expencive cigar. And was it worth it?

How much
Cigar
1-10
And your thoughts?

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    $20
    Padron '26
    Absolutely worth it.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    ISOM Cohiba Pir
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    An ISOM R&J anniversary edition something-or-other several years ago. $25. 7. Good, but not worth it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    27 for gurkha beauty, good cigar but wish the price would come down. 27.50 for royal reserves, haven't had any yet.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Ashton ESG
    $20
    I would rate this cigar about an 8-9 if is very good but I dont think it is worth the cost when I can get an ashton VSG, Opus X, or AF anejo for less money which I feel are equally good or better cigars.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have two Davidoff milleniums my wife picked up in vegas for me, I think there were like $35. I haven't smoked them yet and have no idea if that is a good or bad price.

And, when my wife was just in Orlando, she picked me up a Opus X for $20, which seems like a reasonable price for that. She just got back a day ago, so I haven't smoked that one yet either. She said she almost got me a GoF.

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Oh, and I forgot that I also once paid $25 for a Hemingway Masterpiece at a restaurant. Hugely inflated price. Worth every damn dollar.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    Winston Churchill Marrakesh as of now
    $17.50 I think $20 and change after damn taxes :(
    GREAT cigar, would love to buy a box eventually worth the money in my opinion!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente Anejo
    I believe it was 22.00
    Great cigar, i havent sampled many uber-high end cigars...yet...but for a special occasion i would pay that much for one again.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Padron 1926
    $26
    Worth it

Gurkha Royal Salute
    $25
    Totally worth it

God of Fire Carlito (05)
    $23
    Great cigar, but not really worth the price tag
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I forget with everything I have bought. Here is what I can remember.

Padron 1926 $25 I thought it was good but I liked the 64 better.

God of Fire Carlito - Torpedo $26 I liked it but it needs more aging time. Have a 8 more.

Gurkha Beauty $30 Still not sure. Only had one and it was different, unlike anything I have ever had before.

Next on my list is the Don Arturo Gran AniverXario. Looks like it is going to be around $60. Guess I'll find out if it is indeed worth it.
    I haven't had a carlito yet, but the don carlos was really tasty. It was from 2006
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I think my highest cigar was a Gurhka CORNICHE, which was around 27.80 or so. I ordered 4 of them, they look perdy, I hope they are good.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I think my highest cigar was a Gurhka CORNICHE, which was around 27.80 or so. I ordered 4 of them, they look perdy, I hope they are good.
    Never heard of them. Where did you get them?
    pm your way..
  • Most expensive purchased:
    Two Feuente Between the Lines $18.95
    Haven't smoked them yet, I'm going to sit on them for awhile.

Smoked:
    Oliva V Maduro Torpedo $9.00
    Worth every penny

I have a Gurkah Beast in my Humi from Smoke = Fire looking forward to the first warm night to smoke that puppy.

I also have 2 Anejo robustos and a "Shark" for future smokage.
    These Filthy Hands:
    Most expensive purchased:
    Two Feuente Between the Lines $18.95
    Haven't smoked them yet, I'm going to sit on them for awhile.

Smoked:
    Oliva V Maduro Torpedo $9.00
    Worth every penny

I have a Gurkah Beast in my Humi from Smoke = Fire looking forward to the first warm night to smoke that puppy.

I also have 2 Anejo robustos and a "Shark" for future smokage.
    I forgot about those. I spent $30 each on the Between the Lines.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Most expensive smoked was a Winston Chuchill by Davidoff. Even at about $16 it was totally worth it. I'd rate it about a 9.

Most expensive in my humi-
    Camacho '62 Pre Embargo, $25
    God of Fire, $24
    Arturo Fuente Opus X, a gift but definitely up there with the others
    Also got a half dozen or so various sticks in the $20 range but I'm trying to save all of these for some special occasions.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    so far my most expensive cigar was a Makers Mark. $12 cigar, while it wasn't bad, wasn't worth $12....but that's what i get for buying a stick at a cigar bar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    Krieg:
    so far my most expensive cigar was a Makers Mark. $12 cigar, while it wasn't bad, wasn't worth $12....but that's what i get for buying a stick at a cigar bar.
    I have heard bad things about the makers mark, many people said it was just ok and not worth 12 bucks just as you did. But hey, im a makers mark fan, and a cigar fan, and a sucker, so chances are if i see one ill probably pick it up :P thats me for ya - Thomas
    I had a bourbon makers mark on the 4th of July. It wasn't bad but not nearly as good as say a gurkha grand reserve. I think the infusion process is much better for the latter.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    love makers mark
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got a Pardon 1926 Maduro that I dropped $28 on but I haven't smoked it yet. Picked it up about 6 months ago and just can't seem to light it up yet. Also picked up an Opus X for $18 but haven't smoked that one either... I guess the most expensive thing I've smoked was either my Cohiba Black for $16. I had a ISOM Cohiba but it was given to me by a friend so it didn't cost me anything. Both great smokes! The Cohiba Black was on my wedding day so it was a great smoke with good friends.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    If you have a chance to smoke a 10th Anniversary Makers Mark, I would take it. These cigars are kinda rare and are a great smoke. Better quality stick and a Conn. wrapper. I liked it alot more than the regular makers mark sticks.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Got a Davidoff Special T for $18 last April for my wife's baby shower. I say it was a 8-9 as it opened me up to the world of fine cigars...but I'm a cheap *** and am not sure I would do that again...I do remember how creamy it was..I haven't had anything that creamy since...any suggestions on creamy cigars?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cheyman:
    any suggestions on creamy cigars?
    Gran Habano #1 Connecticut, I seem to recall that cigar being fairly creamy. Any others escape my memory at the moment.

I haven't put my two cents in on this thread I don't think...to date, the most expensive cigar I've had is a Padron 1964 toro with the habano wrapper, the price ran $17 if I remember correctly. That's a good deal more than I like to spend on a cigar, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it was worth every cent.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    cheyman:
    Got a Davidoff Special T for $18 last April for my wife's baby shower. I say it was a 8-9 as it opened me up to the world of fine cigars...but I'm a cheap *** and am not sure I would do that again...I do remember how creamy it was..I haven't had anything that creamy since...any suggestions on creamy cigars?
    If you like the Special T I suggest you buy them while they are still in existence Davidoff discontinued them.
  • rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    Gurkha Titan II. $24.00. I recieved it in the New Years sampler and I highly recommend buying it. The Titan was completely worth it. It took a while to smoke, but it was very good. Rate it a 9.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    So far it's the Gurkha Grand Reserve that I picked up from the B&M as a New Year's gift for me. Haven't cracked the tube yet though...$16.50 just staring at me.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I've got a couple Expensive sticks, but haven't broke down to put fire to them yet
    Fuente Fuente Forbidden X - BBMF, BBMF Maduro, Scorpio Maduro, Shark, Chili Pepper, LFMF
    Padron 80th Anniversary Maduro
    Tatuaje RC184 and RC233
    Ashton ESG
    I gotta fire one of these up before they become a collectible vs. smoking