Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Afternoon smoke was Amilcar Perez Castro robusto
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just lit up a 1844 50-xtra. my first 1844 and so far its very nice.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    A Nub Cameroon
  • My electronic cigarette...I'm at work dammit, however I have a nice Cuba Libre One dry boxing at home for me...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Gran Habano Habano, man fantastick
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    CAO OSA SOL.... Not a bad little guy!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006.. I got this one from a brother here. I will have to do a little research to find out whom, edit.. (did the research, Thank you Joz3r sent on 10/09/09 )... thanks for this stick. Very smooth and mild with a wood and toast profile. Changed to a more grassy taste near the end. A stick I am sure to never have again, but grateful that I got a chance to try this one.
    Just lit up my first Opus. I have to say my fears were realized. Flavor profile not really my style and as soon as I lit it up the wrapper cracked over an inch. (sat in the humi for over a year @ 65-68%)
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    Just lit up my first Opus. I have to say my fears were realized. Flavor profile not really my style and as soon as I lit it up the wrapper cracked over an inch. (sat in the humi for over a year @ 65-68%)
    just wondering. how often did you break the ash?
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    t_evan50:
    Sorry man. I hope you still are able to enjoy it in some way.
    lcpleel:
    t_evan50:
    just wondering. how often did you break the ash?
    I ash about every half inch. The biggest "problem" is the sticks flavor profile isnt really my cup of tea. It was having trouble staying lit too. Seemed to be a poorly constructed stick. I have 3 or 4 more in varius vitolas so I will def. revisit.
    Since I kept seeing the Isla del sol in the sprint sale, Thought it was time to open up the vault where the Chemwarfare bomb that Mr DBeckom unloaded on me is kept. Not bad, nice sweet morning smoke, going good with afternoon coffee, Thanks DB!! Moped? what Moped..
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Padilla Black Bear while mowing my yard... lasted the whole 2hrs 15min! Good smoke, too.
    AF Don Carlos. Love these things!
    alabao
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    La Casita Criolla that I just picked up from a new B&M in my area... really loving this stick...
    bahia maduro
    This afternoon I had a herf with Bombay. enjoyed good conversation and an Est. 1844
    Hoyo De Mont. Dbl Maduro. One damn fine smoke. Been resting for nearly a year and was worth the wait.
    Cu-Avana Maduro
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    La Reloba Seleccion Mexico - review to follow in The RobbyRas Very Amateur Review Thread
    macanudo hyde park?
    The Kid:
    macanudo hyde park?
    How did you like it?
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Lunch was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No.4
    El Mejor Emerald Pyramid
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    The Kid:
    bahia maduro
    Great cheap cigar, a little inconsistent but for the price can't be beat. I picked up a mazo of 20 for less than 30 bucks not too long ago.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    lcpleel:
    Lunch was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No.4
    I love those!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, today I'm enjoying a Graycliff Turbo that some kind BORK bombed me with, and I'm kinda surprised with it. It's listed as full-bodied but it's so smooth it's more like a medium. And I'm a little curious as to the blend. If you look closely at the band, it says 'G2 Turbo'. Now, to me, the G2 is a milder blend and I'm wondering if the Turbo is just an amped-up version of the G2. Anybody know the answer to this?
    jlmarta:
    Well, today I'm enjoying a Graycliff Turbo that some kind BORK bombed me with, and I'm kinda surprised with it. It's listed as full-bodied but it's so smooth it's more like a medium. And I'm a little curious as to the blend. If you look closely at the band, it says 'G2 Turbo'. Now, to me, the G2 is a milder blend and I'm wondering if the Turbo is just an amped-up version of the G2. Anybody know the answer to this?
    IMO they blow the doors off the reg G2 , AJ Fernandez blended the turbo..
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was one of AJ's but that explains a lot. No wonder I like it. Thanks.

Edit: But I see that AJ also blended the G2. Maybe it is an amped-up G2, ya s'pose?