Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    First I knocked out the last little bit of a fifth of Tortuga rum....now switched gears to Makers Mark....mmmmmm mmmmm good
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Two words... Yager Bombs.. Shhhhh. My head hurts.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Dang kas, I didn't know you were a 22 year old girl. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Dang kas, I didn't know you were a 22 year old girl. :)
    No, But that is who I drink with. : )
  • Options
    haha, you dog. Unless that's your daughter...in which case...good lookin' out.
  • Options

j0z3r:
    haha, you dog. Unless that's your daughter...in which case...good lookin' out.

Ha! Tonight its Makers Mark....

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm woofin down the last bit of applejack of this season. Great, but wish i had more.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    had fun at 69 taps tonight (69 beers on tap minimum) i started with a turbo dog then i had a double chocolate stout. next on to a drunk monkey (ill re visit that one later) and finished the night with the last half of the wifes sunset wheat.

a good time was had by all.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    had fun at 69 taps tonight (69 beers on tap minimum) i started with a turbo dog then i had a double chocolate stout. next on to a drunk monkey (ill re visit that one later) and finished the night with the last half of the wifes sunset wheat.

a good time was had by all.

....especially the drunk monkey.....
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Gonna drink some Shiner beer in a bit and pair it with an Ashton VSG torpedo.
  • Options
    Makers Mark
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Makers Mark
    holy cannoli, you own stock in MM?
  • Options
    LOL -I wish I did Luko although they would be lookin' for some bailout money when I finished my sampling tour.....mmm mmmm good
  • Options
    Well I'm not a Whiskey or Bourbon connoisseur, so I don't know what good qualities to look for in a Whiskey. I do, however, know when I like something, and due to gmill's constant posting about it, I've picked up some Buffalo Trace to give it a whirl, and I think it is tasty. Haven't tried mixing it with anything, as I'd prefer to sip it neat and get a feel for its character. Good stuff though.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Well I'm not a Whiskey or Bourbon connoisseur, so I don't know what good qualities to look for in a Whiskey. I do, however, know when I like something, and due to gmill's constant posting about it, I've picked up some Buffalo Trace to give it a whirl, and I think it is tasty. Haven't tried mixing it with anything, as I'd prefer to sip it neat and get a feel for its character. Good stuff though.
    I agree with you, Jozer. I'm not a connoisseur...I'm pretty always enjoyed Jack Daniels with a little ice and that's it. I do also like Makers Mark. Beyond that, I haven't tried much. Based on all the chatter on here, I'm been meaning to try some Trace.
  • Options
    When i get off i'm gonna woof down some Jameson. Rough night...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I stopped at the likker store on the way home and bought some Buffalo Trace. I'll report back on that, later.

I also bought something called Bernheim Kentucky Wheat Whiskey. Anybody ever tried it?
  • Options

urbino:
    I stopped at the likker store on the way home and bought some Buffalo Trace. I'll report back on that, later.

I also bought something called Bernheim Kentucky Wheat Whiskey. Anybody ever tried it?

Never had the Bernheim Kentucky but am interested in what you think of the Buffalo Trace.

As for myself , washed down a rib-eye steak and shrimp fried rice with some cold,cold cold Miller Lite, ahhh, (sighs contently)

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:

urbino:

Never had the Bernheim Kentucky but am interested in what you think of the Buffalo Trace.

As for myself , washed down a rib-eye steak and shrimp fried rice with some cold,cold cold Miller Lite, ahhh, (sighs contently)

Great to have you back, Lassy!
  • Options
    The wife called me from the bevmo(think outlet store for alcohol) and asked if i wanted anything. I said anything irish whiskey would be good, so not knowing any better she came home with a bottle of Bushmills Black Bush. Wow, i'm properly impressed. For those of you that like the irish whiskey...give this a whirl!
  • Options
    Odd you should mention that, I had just tried a bit last night and I think it is tasty. It is my first sampling of Irish Whiskey and I'm happy I purchased it. For not being knowledgeable about Whiskeys, I lucked out big time with the Black Bush and Buffalo Trace, bought both to try and like them both.
  • Options
    You fellers were right about Buffalo Trace. Tasty stuff. It's got more tang than Woodford or Rock Hill Farms, but less bite than Blanton's. I'm guessing that's because they use more rye in the mash than the first two, but less than the last. Anyway, good call.

Googling a bit for this Bernheim, it seems like it's getting rave reviews. Maybe I've lucked into something. It uses soft winter wheat as the primary grain in the mash.
  • Options

urbino:
    You fellers were right about Buffalo Trace. Tasty stuff. It's got more tang than Woodford or Rock Hill Farms, but less bite than Blanton's. I'm guessing that's because they use more rye in the mash than the first two, but less than the last. Anyway, good call.

Googling a bit for this Bernheim, it seems like it's getting rave reviews. Maybe I've lucked into something. It uses soft winter wheat as the primary grain in the mash.

Glad you like the Buffalo Trace ...which reminds me , time to get another bottle or two

• Options
    gmill880:

urbino:

Glad you like the Buffalo Trace ...which reminds me , time to get another bottle or two

OK, so I'm buying some whiskey/bourbon tonight. Do I pick up Buffalo Trace or Black Bush...decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    gmill880:

urbino:

Great to have you back, Lassy!
    Hey Duty, I can't see the words Miller Lite without thinking of Lassie, where the hell did he go ? Remember when Maddy posted the questions for his 1000 post contest and Lassie answered every one Miller Lite. It was the only thing on his mind.
  • Options
    Luko:
    OK, so I'm buying some whiskey/bourbon tonight. Do I pick up Buffalo Trace or Black Bush...decisions, decisions.
    Black Bush is pretty spendy. (Oh, the joke possibilities!) Buffalo Trace isn't.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Duty, I can't see the words Miller Lite without thinking of Lassie, where the hell did he go ? Remember when Maddy posted the questions for his 1000 post contest and Lassie answered every one Miller Lite. It was the only thing on his mind.
    To be serious for a moment, I've had a sinking feeling for quite a while, now, that too much Miller Lite may be why Lassie disappeared.
  • Options
    Really, when I bought a bottle of each, the Black Bush was only $5-$6 more I think...might've been $10
  • Options
    Huh. It's priced more like a premium liquor, here.
  • Options
    Last night I had some Buffalo Trace and cola, about two shots' worth of the BT. It was good and sufficient to make me sleepy...and I slept like a baby and woke feeling like a million bucks. Beautiful.