Home Non Cigar Related

Skyrim Anyone?

Comments

• MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I may have a problem. I've been playing all day. Taking a break after dinner to smoke an LP 9, which is great, but I can't stop thinking about Skyrim!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Just hit a wall with the Dark Brotherhood assassins at lvl 18; can't kill that asswipe in Volruund. Got the keys, but he just hits too damn hard to do anything and I can't find any place to find to hide and abuse my flame atronarch conjurations :(

My current build is a heavy armor one-handed warrior with summoning a flame atronarch for backup; this guys is just too much
    I had trouble with a stealthy toon, so you are not alone, from the sound of it you pretty much made a battle tank-mage sort, ironically my 2nd toon is the same way only with duel-casting instead of weapon skills, best bet is what I ended up doing is, snag an invis potion sneak up on his ass and get the stealth kill, DO NOT explore that "dungeon" deeper, you will get rocked by Dwarven auto-matrons
    Or summon the dude from The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion and send him in as cannon fodder

zomgedit: if you can pick a lock that is a little earlier before you get to that dude there is a firing mechanism that launches an explosion at that table those 3 npc's are sitting at
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Does anyone know how to beat Rahgot?
    So I'm basically stuck.

not sure what quest that is yo or I could help?
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    never played any Elder Scrolls. Rented Skyrim over the weekend to see what all the fuss was about. Found myself playing every spare minute I had. Could easily get hooked on this game.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    This game is awesome. I some how missed the Dragon line of quest and re-visited them. When you start to learn shouts it makes the game much more interesting. I am liking this game way better than Oblivion due to the better leveling system and monsters don't lvl as you lvl which I though was just dumb in Oblivion. I really like the further you venture out the harder monsters are giving you some sort of safe zone. The only thing that I hate it takes me (xbox) literately 40 seconds to open a door or go to a different section of the game. It sucks when you are in town doing errands.
    stephen_hannibal:
    Does anyone know how to beat Rahgot?
    So I'm basically stuck.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! You guys need to get this quest.
    I finally beat him today. And he drops a mask that ads 70 points to stamina.
    As a dual wield character this is priceless.

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Played the first 10 quests or so and I just couldn't get in to it I was all excited but personally didn't enjoy it so I played counterstrike the rest of the day.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Never played a game in this series, and haven't played computer games in 6 or 7 years probably... but I saw a trailer for Diablo III a few days ago, and if it ever actually drops, my entire life will probably revolve around it for a few months at least.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    You **** just had to keep bumping this to the top didn't ya? Amazon says it'll be here monday lol.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    docbp87:
    Never played a game in this series, and haven't played computer games in 6 or 7 years probably... but I saw a trailer for Diablo III a few days ago, and if it ever actually drops, my entire life will probably revolve around it for a few months at least.
    Same. I loved the other two Diablo and this game will eat some time when it comes out.
    I'm so addicted to this game.

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    I wouldn't worry about the older series because the lvling system is complicated. They made the lvling system much more appealing in Skyrim, but that is my opinion. Another great benifit is that the monsters do not lvl when you do. In the older games, you could be a high lvl and walk outside a newbie town and get owned. The monsters lvled much more higher than your character which I thought was ridiculous. In Skyrim, like a true RPG the further you venture out the harder the monsters. I like this approach. But this is my opinion.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    May have to check this out. Was a big time WoW player for a couple years but just got tired of all the BS that went along with trying to get things accomplished like raiding and stuff like that.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

jimmyv723:
    May have to check this out. Was a big time WoW player for a couple years but just got tired of all the BS that went along with trying to get things accomplished like raiding and stuff like that.
    raiding is easy, it's just depending on 24 other retards to play along and follow instructions that is the hard part
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Yup. Then there's the whole thing with loot and people always trying to get stuff they don;t really need or is for their off spec they aren't even using in the raid. Just got tired of it and haven't played for a while. It's a cool game but the extra stuff that went along with it just got old.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Hayblet:
    jimmyv723:
    raiding is easy, it's just depending on 24 other retards to play along and follow instructions that is the hard part
    When I played WoW I ran our raids. Sitting there and listing to idiots fumble through words and strategy annoyed me. Getting 25 people to work together is not terribly bad as long as they know who is running it. Take suggestions when needed and be prepared more than anyone else.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Hayblet:
    jimmyv723:
    When I played WoW I ran our raids. Sitting there and listing to idiots fumble through words and strategy annoyed me. Getting 25 people to work together is not terribly bad as long as they know who is running it. Take suggestions when needed and be prepared more than anyone else.
    ... LeeRoy Jenkins !!
    kaspera79:
    Marker:
    Hayblet:
    jimmyv723:
    ... LeeRoy Jenkins !!
    Actually did something similar to my raid one day to wake them up. I told the healers what was going on but no one else. Threw on the tank gear etc and pulled a ton of crap while people were semi afk etc. People were yelling and screaming like armageddon was upon them. It's just a game people... just a game :). Not like the old days in Everquest where a wipe meant 2 hours of corpse dragging just to recover. WoW was maybe 15 minutes and you were ready to go again.
    At this point work is just interfering with SkyRim.

bump, anyone working on collecting all 8 Dragon Priestess Masks?, got 3 thus far, 2 by accident.
    Yeah. I got the rohgat one that I posted about awhile ago.
    And I found 3 more which I cannot remember the name to.

Just started this game. Running through the first town and subsequent 'go get my precious back' quest. The skeleton guys towards the end really smack you around at level 3.
    lol on my 2nd toon I just kept running away after attacking them, they are insanely tough even for level 7
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Got myself a full Dragonscale set, with Daedra sword; sooo much better than the Nightengale armor, even though I can't sneak as well (working on that via enchantments though). Not sure what to do now - I'm the Listener, Harbinger, and working on Guildmaster for Thieves guild; thinking of restarting the main quest, but not before I finish the Hircine stuff and get Aela to marry me (free gold factory FTW!); you can get her to marry you after you finish Companion quests, but there's a bug that she may not give you Hircine stuff if you marry her before you get them.
    xmacro:
    Got myself a full Dragonscale set, with Daedra sword; sooo much better than the Nightengale armor, even though I can't sneak as well (working on that via enchantments though). Not sure what to do now - I'm the Listener, Harbinger, and working on Guildmaster for Thieves guild; thinking of restarting the main quest, but not before I finish the Hircine stuff and get Aela to marry me (free gold factory FTW!); you can get her to marry you after you finish Companion quests, but there's a bug that she may not give you Hircine stuff if you marry her before you get them.
    Whoa whoa whoa what stuff? The totems? Or something else?

(Sidenote: did everyone marry Aela?)
    Just started blacksmithing last night. Where is a good place to get a lot of leather?
    Marker:
    Just started blacksmithing last night. Where is a good place to get a lot of leather?
    Deer and elk. They're everywhere on the game.

stephen_hannibal:
    Marker:
    Deer and elk. They're everywhere on the game.

Bears Sabrecats give more