Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Alright, since everyone is making the same guess for the activity, I will give that one to you all. You all are correct that it is Scuba Diving. Now I just need the location. Everyone's answers are excellent places that I would love to go, but not my dream location. Keep them guesses coming and if there is no winner yet, I will give a clue to narrow it down tomorrow.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Diving the Red Sea with a side trip to see the Pyramids and Great Sphinx.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ok, scuba diving in Australia, to see the great barrier reef.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    damn I was going to say Australia good guess and the bonus was to see the damn fine women there.
    That being said I'll guess Malta.
    All good guesses for excellent places that I would love to see. The bonus guesses are spot on for those locations as well but they are not the one that I am looking for so here's a hint.

The location is in the Western hemisphere.

Also, since I will be returning to the states starting tomorrow, I may not be online for 4-5 days. I will be traveling home and check back in when I get there, so keep the guesses coming and we'll see if there is a winner.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    The Bahamas...to see the Graycliff hotel
    No more guesses? What's up? You don't like my game?

OK, the next clue is that the location is in the Southern half of the Western Hemisphere.
    OK, one last guess. Scuba diving in New Zealand.
    Brazil?
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    Hi guys. I'm back. Can I play? Well.... Southern Hemishpere. I wanted to say DR or Nic. But I am going with Costa Rica. I would say you are an adventure diver and want to dive Cocos Island. And since adventure divers are not into coral, I would say you are after the sea life. I just cant decide if you are trying to dive with Hammer heads, or the multitude of Rays. Am I close?
    Very, very close Mikalsan, but not quite there.

The actual place is an island (or series of islands) and they are about equal distance from Costa Rica as they are from the actual country that they are a province of.
    Ron, is it the Cayman islands?
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Diving the Flower Gardens for the really big pelagics like the Whale Shark?
    Actually I'm a **** its the Galapagos islands, thats the answer you are looking for.
    The only thing I can figure for the bonus is iguanas.
    Alright, you got it madurofan. Congratulations. My dream vacation would be to go SCUBA diving in the Galapagos. You didn't get the bonus though. Mikalsan had the bonus. The reason for going there would be to see the schooling hammerheads and the large pelagics like giant mantas and whae sharks.

madurofan, pm me your address and I will get a package out to you.
    Sweet! Brave guy aren't Hammerheads the most dangerous to people?
    Actually, from others that I've talked to and videos that I've seen, they are really skiddish. They get scared by the exhaust bubbles from the regulators. (Might have to learn to dive a rebreather before then. LOL)
    Damn. If I got close enough for them to be scared of the exhaust, I'd have already pissed myself. When you finally make it there be sure to take some pictures.
    Kavenius, check your inbox
    OK being fresh off a NUb event and talking to Sam Leccia so much. I'm going to throw in a bit of NUb related trivia. On the side of a NUb box there are two things written on there that you don't see on any other cigar boxes. What do they mean? If I don't have any guesses by tomorrow I'll throw an example up for those that don't have access to a NUb box. There will obviously be a couple NUbs in it for the winner.
    ok here goes....."m" and "mlb" m is the duration in minutes and mlb is the weight of the cigar (milipound)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That sounds like the wiener to me !! At least thats similar to something I read on page 12 of the April issue of Cigar.com magazine.
    bass, you are correct. I didn't realize it was in the ccom newsletter. Oh well I really just wanted to be able to tell you this anyway. The minutes is Sam Leccia's actual smoke time for each cigar and he threw out the disclaimer that he smokes fast. Second the milipound was invented by a guy at Oliva. Sam said "you know it it doesn't take a rocket scientist to weigh tobacco but our boss is one so he invented the milipound". The dude is a retired rocket scientist so for fun he invents a unit of measurement. Anyways enough of my history lesson, I'm starting to sound like a nub homer. bass pm me your address and maybe what you typically like. Like mild-medium or medium-full.
    pm sent...so I guess it's my turn. I'll think of a question and post it tomorrow night, around this time.
    Alright everyone, lets get the game going. Around the late 80's a baseball team (my favorite team) had two "brothers" on the team. This team was a lot more dominant then than they are now...they even won a championship or two during their reign. Lets see if anyone could name these guys. The name of the team should come easily if you know the answer. I hope I'm not being to vague, so I'll start giving clues as necessary. Good luck!
    Well Brian, I think you are talking about Rickey and Dave Henderson of the Oakland Athletics.

Joe
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm gonna guess Cal Jr and Billy Ripkin of the Orioles.