Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a MOW Ruination set aside for this evening...cant wait!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have a GoF Serie B Robusto Gordo 54 to start tonight. I have a few Cusanos from the cotm 6 months ago and a Tat Red Tubo with me too.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Illusione 2 crown of thorns less than an inch in and it's relaxing.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    rwheelwright:
    I have a GoF Serie B Robusto Gordo 54 to start tonight. I have a few Cusanos from the cotm 6 months ago and a Tat Red Tubo with me too.
    How is the Serie B? That thing looks delicious!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Ancient Warrior
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jose Seijas Signature Series Robusto that was smooth as glass, now finishing it up with an Undercrown Gran Toro while the Mrs. Irishman is finishing her Gurkha Gran Reserve Louis IXVV Cognac Tubo... she loved it!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Sounds like a good day, Irish!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, i feel good enough to smoke tonight so let me humi dive, brb
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    smoke em if you got em:
    I have a MOW Ruination set aside for this evening...cant wait!
    Those are one of my top faves!!! Enjoy!
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    I just enjoyed a CAO Brazilia Gol! and i think later on the menu is a Cohiba Dominico Puro Robusto. Mmmm
  • Options
    Drew Estate Undercrown image
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RAMON ALLONES RESERVE ALLONES NO. 1 ,,rott, nice image
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Cao mx2 while grilling dinner.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Ancient Warrior
    The Ancient Warrior is a Gurkha that I really liked. I bought a single from a local B&M and smoked it a few days later. I enjoyed it so much that I went back the next day and bought five more, ( all that were left ). Then smoked them all in a week. I have to put that one on my list of things to get again. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Jose Seijas Signature Series Robusto that was smooth as glass, now finishing it up with an Undercrown Gran Toro while the Mrs. Irishman is finishing her Gurkha Gran Reserve Louis IXVV Cognac Tubo... she loved it!
    keep an eye out on ccom or call a rep, if she like the gran reserve you need to get her a platinum. about the same price and a lot less than the royal reserve and IMO better than the royal.
  • Options
    Just fired up my first OpuX... will get back later with more details/opinion. Amazing start though.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    San Lotano Oval
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Just fired up my first OpuX... will get back later with more details/opinion. Amazing start though.
    Ok. Here's the skinny...

the flavor, draw, and complexity of this cigar is everything I hoped it would be. Brilliant!

however... the burn was terrible. This particular stick has been in my humi for a few months, and I got another today from Jason, so I decided to give this one a go. Maybe it was too soon... I don't know. I had to baby it so much, though, that it really turned me off for this particular stick. Total of 4 re-lights and a half dozen other touch ups were needed just to keep it going. Sucks, cause when it was lit, it thundered smoke and tasted awesome. Hate to have issues with my very first Opus, but I am willing to take blame here for smoking it too soon or doing something wrong (although I smoke about 10 a week and NEVER have these issues...) because I refuse to give up on them as a whole.

I will revisit the line ion a couple months with one of the others (that were generously given to me by the AMAZING BOTL on this forum) and let yall know what I think. Here's a pic:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    DPG Blue, love these.
  • Options
    ahhh... heaven.

• Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am having a San Lotano Habano. Earlier I enjoyed a Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet. These are starting to grow on me.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Just finished off a Oliveros King Havano Oscuro. Nice and smooth with some sweetness on the finish and hints of espresso.
  • Options
    last one for the night... Tatuaje La Verite 2009. Masterpiece. Thanks, Justin (JHewey) for the recommendation!

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    BigT06:
    last one for the night... Tatuaje La Verite 2009. Masterpiece. Thanks, Justin (JHewey) for the recommendation!

That's a great smoke!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    5 Vegas triple A, my first one and I'm loving it right now
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    BigT06:
    Ok. Here's the skinny...

the flavor, draw, and complexity of this cigar is everything I hoped it would be. Brilliant!

however... the burn was terrible. This particular stick has been in my humi for a few months, and I got another today from Jason, so I decided to give this one a go. Maybe it was too soon... I don't know. I had to baby it so much, though, that it really turned me off for this particular stick. Total of 4 re-lights and a half dozen other touch ups were needed just to keep it going. Sucks, cause when it was lit, it thundered smoke and tasted awesome. Hate to have issues with my very first Opus, but I am willing to take blame here for smoking it too soon or doing something wrong (although I smoke about 10 a week and NEVER have these issues...) because I refuse to give up on them as a whole.

I will revisit the line ion a couple months with one of the others (that were generously given to me by the AMAZING BOTL on this forum) and let yall know what I think. Here's a pic:

I had a **** the other day, burn was bad as well, pissed me off really.
  • Options
    gotta say it... the La Verite made the Opus it's ****. Not even half way through it and it's absolutely blown me away in every way!

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    gotta say it... the La Verite made the Opus it's ****. Not even half way through it and it's absolutely blown me away in every way!

Watch your mouth son.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    BigT06:

+1
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    BigT06:
    Watch your mouth son.
    I would love to be kidding... but I'm not. The Tatuaje is kicking the FFOX's ass. I don't have the aged FFOXs like you guys do, but for me, this Tatuaje is the epitome of a fine cigar. The Opus was not. It is what it is. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Anejo line, but the Opus is gonna have to do better next time for me to look at it in the same light with the "ultra premiums" I've smoked so far... just being honest.