Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    MVW67:
    I got to stay off this @#$# thing, Just got 5 Vegas box AAA for $53.00 one of my ole faithfuls
    Man I have 10 Vegas Triple A's for trade.
    Pm sent!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Damn, missed out on another AJ dealio. Sigh..
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Anyone ever experience this? I just tried to purchase some cigars on the sprint sale and after clicking buy now I received a message saying the item was sold out???
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Damn... I signed in just in time to see a box of Diesel Shortys go for $50. What a deal. I don't like the Shorty as much as the reg UC fresh, but they have some serious aging potential. I would've gone $50 for a box of 24 to find out!... lol
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Sigh*.....I signed in last night and had just missed the Man O War War Chest by about 3 items.
    I wish I could have grabbed it, or at least seen what $$ it went for.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    The Kid:
    Anyone ever experience this? I just tried to purchase some cigars on the sprint sale and after clicking buy now I received a message saying the item was sold out???
    Not this exact problem...but I was having an issue last week where I couldn't "confirm" the purchase and was getting an error message.
    It turned out that my credit card expiration date was wrong and therefore wouldn't let me purchase. Maybe double check your account info and re-enter it? That worked for me.

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the war chest go. Sold for just under $100
  • Options
    Trident:
    I saw the war chest go. Sold for just under $100
    Wow....that's f@*ing ridiculous. Thanks for the info.
    I told myself I wouldn't spend much more $$ on cigars this month, so if I see it and can get it for close to 100, I don't think I'll be able to pass that up.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for it; I'd love to get my hands on some more MOWs.

• Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    jgibv:
    The Kid:
    Not this exact problem...but I was having an issue last week where I couldn't "confirm" the purchase and was getting an error message.
    It turned out that my credit card expiration date was wrong and therefore wouldn't let me purchase. Maybe double check your account info and re-enter it? That worked for me.
    not exactly, but on my POS Android phone when I click buy now, several times I am redirected to the log in screen. Sometimes I have to log in several times before it sticks and I have missed several buys.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Not just you, seems to be a bug. It happens to me on Windows 7 using Firefox as well as well as on Safari on Ios 5.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    SaVas:
    jgibv:
    The Kid:
    not exactly, but on my POS Android phone when I click buy now, several times I am redirected to the log in screen. Sometimes I have to log in several times before it sticks and I have missed several buys.
    I have to do that too! It started happening after the last phone update that I downloaded.
  • Options
    I picked up a 125 count glass top humidor, for 68 bucks. I felt like it was a pretty decent deal!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Yup...pissed is an understatement
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    Make that Mow and uzi's I got jacked on... Super pissed now
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    Holy Jesus....third time tonight!?!??!? Dude...I'm emailing the beard...never had this problem
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    catfishbluezz:
    catfishbluezz:
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    Holy Jesus....third time tonight!?!??!? Dude...I'm emailing the beard...never had this problem
    More than likely, with so many ogling eyes watching the sprintsale, salivating in dreamy cigar smoke, and there being only one lot for sale, someone else clicked "buy now" then the "confirm" button before you. I'm guessing it could be within milliseconds, especially when you get really close to the lowest price and the bar is almost run through. Not only that, it happens more often on cigars that are more popular, (MOW, GoF, Undercrown, Uzi, etc) that more people are hoping to win. All I know is that the sprintsale site is like a gambling addiction. Sometimes you beat the house, sometimes you bust.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    That's exactly right SaVas.  It's the way of the Sprint Sale, sometimes you win - sometimes the other guy wins.  Have fun with it though, there's great deals to be had with every passing minute.  Happy Sprinting!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Just rocked the Sprint Sale...again...30 Unholy Cocktails headed my way!!!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 times now its made me sign in 2-3 times before im really signed in when i saw something and by the time i get in its gone, saves me money thou,lol
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    3 times now its made me sign in 2-3 times before im really signed in when i saw something and by the time i get in its gone, saves me money thou,lol
    It' been going on with me for a few days now doesn't matter what i try to log on with,usally takes atleast 2 times!! starting to pi$$ me off!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    jj20030:
    It' been going on with me for a few days now doesn't matter what i try to log on with,usally takes atleast 2 times!! starting to pi$$ me off!!!
    Brethren, sign in first and do all your other surfing in another window. It makes for a damn fast trigger finger!
  • Options
    Anyone happen to notice what boxes of Diesel Unlimited D5 are going for?
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Anyone happen to notice what boxes of Diesel Unlimited D5 are going for?
    In the past Ive seen them go around 50 or so
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Three times today it took multiple times to sign in on my phone. And 3 times today Sprint says I was logged in, and I try to press the buy now button, and the system boots me out and I have to sign in again and then lose the purchase. What is going on?!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Someone just got a ridiculous deal.... a box of 25 Padilla 1932 for 60 bucks.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    Someone just got a ridiculous deal.... a box of 25 Padilla 1932 for 60 bucks.
    That's a crazy good deal. It's been a while since my last 1932, might need to revisit it soon if they're selling for that!

I keep just missing the ones I'm interested in...
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    That happens to me on the forums all the damn time i.e. have to log in a bunch of times before it finally sticks, or i get kicked off for no apparent reason. I haven't noticed it on the sprint sale but I've been trying to stay away from there now that I've discovered how easy it is to email Andrew or The Beard...too easy lol.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I keep missing the Uzis. Anyone see what they've been going for?
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    skweekz:
    I wanna say that one went for around $47!

but I can't say for sure because I missed it due to having to log in 5 f*cking times! ARRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    skweekz:
    I wanna say that one went for around $47!

but I can't say for sure because I missed it due to having to log in 5 f*cking times! ARRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    Yep I think the Uzi's disappeared right around $50.
    And I feel your pain about having to log in 3-4 times before it actually going through....this has been happening on my phone & iPad. No problems logging on to the sprint sale from my desktop though.