Home General Discussion

Newbs to Forums Please READ!!!! Edited! New

MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
First thing welcome if I have missed you, wiith so many different threads, So this is to help everyone out even the seasoned (some more then others LOL)

First in the General Discussion Forum, there are 2 threads "The Newbie WelcomingThread" for Intros by j0z3r
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/3027.aspx

And the "Formatting Thread" for learning how to post on forums, by Redtailhawkoz
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71916.aspx

In the Cigar 101 Forum, there is a thread, "101 Things Newbs Should know" by Sniper
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/1/437195/ShowThread.aspx#437195

In the Trade, Passes, and Bombs Forum, there are 2 threads "Newbie Trading Thread" for newbs looking to start trading. By wwestern
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/340006.aspx

And the thread, "Etiquette- Trades, Passes, and Bombs" by Madurofan
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/17975.aspx
I have found my self monitoring these for the New guys and will continue to try and keep posted on the front page, thank you!!!! And Enjoy the forums BOTL!!!!
Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Omg I just realized something. I can be a sponsor now :o.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Another good one to add to that list, would be the Formating thread.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:

+1. It took me a while before I figured out how to post pics.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    jr_p951:

Agreed. I have the "formatting" thread saved in my bookmarks, it's a lifesaver.
    Not trying to step on anyone's toes but I've added the link below for reference

Formatting Thread - http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71916.aspx

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    scarlin:
    Omg I just realized something. I can be a sponsor now :o.
    Get to sponsor'n then!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Toombes:
    jr_p951:

Agreed. I have the "formatting" thread saved in my bookmarks, it's a lifesaver.
    Not trying to step on anyone's toes but I've added the link below for reference

Formatting Thread - http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71916.aspx
    Thanks will add to main post and please add if more, constructive criticism is welcome!! I am sure I can handle it!!
    MVW67:
    First thing welcome if I have missed you, wiith so many different threads, So this is to help everyone out even the seasoned (some more then others LOL)

First in the General Discussion Forum, there are 2 threads "The Newbie WelcomingThread" for Intros by j0z3r
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/3027.aspx

And the "Formatting Thread" for learning how to post on forums, by Redtailhawkoz
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71916.aspx

In the Cigar 101 Forum, there is a thread, "101 Things Newbs Should Know" by Sniper
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/1/437195/ShowThread.aspx#437195

In the Trade, Passes, and Bombs Forum, there are 2 threads "Newbie Trading Thread" for newbs looking to start trading. By wwestern
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/340006.aspx

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/17975.aspx
    I have found my self monitoring these for the New guys and will continue to try and keep posted on the front page, thank you!!!! And Enjoy the forums BOTL!!!!
    Edited
    I'm thinking a couple improvements for "readability" ---
    What about changing the font for the thread titles so they're either bold or italic. And making the URL text clickable hyperlinks??....

Might help break up the text a little bit and make it a easier on the eyes. I also think the clickable links would be a huge help, making it easier to navigate.

MVW67:
    MVW67:

The Newbie Welcoming Thread

Formatting Thread

In the Cigar 101 Forum, there is a thread, "101 Things Newbs Should Know" by Sniper
    101 Things Newbs Should Know

Newbie Trading Thread

Etiquette for Trade,Passes and Bomb Forum
    Edited
    Edit 2
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    You might also want to put some gold tobacco leaves around the edges....Lol. I'm just fu@king with you Mike! Thanks for the links and leads brother!
    Un_Sub:
    You might also want to put some gold tobacco leaves around the edges....Lol. I'm just fu@king with you Mike! Thanks for the links and leads brother!
    Feels like I just gave Birth!!!!
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

Edited
    Edit 2
    Edit 3

First in the General Discussion Forum, there are 3 threads "The Newbie WelcomingThread" for Intros by j0z3r

Formatting Thread

And the "Developing Your Palate Thread" self explantory, by Kuzi
    Developing your Palate Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

bump
    MVW67:
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

bump
    Looks great, Mike. Thanks for putting this together so all of the "newbie" info is in one place.
    Very helpful!

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    This is where a moderator with stickys would REALLY be useful!
    DSWarmack:
    This is where a moderator with stickys would REALLY be useful!
    +1
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea for a thread, point people in the right direction.
    Rhamlin:
    We were all newbs at one time!!!! And the formatting even helps the seasoned BOTL!!!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    MVW67:
    Rhamlin:
    We were all newbs at one time!!!! And the formatting even helps the seasoned BOTL!!!
    Just one point of clarification...not all of us were newbs, Kuzi came out of the womb with 3,000 posts.
    Luko:
    MVW67:
    Rhamlin:
    Just one point of clarification...not all of us were newbs, Kuzi came out of the womb with 3,000 posts.
    LOL yeah he has a **** ton:-)
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

Back to the top!
    Bump diggity, broham!
    Toombes:
    Bump diggity, broham!
    again
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    bump
    Bumpity-bump-bump
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

++1
    Big ol' bump!
    Toombes:
    Big ol' bump!
    Thanks Toombes!!
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

This thread dropped to page 2??
    Time for a BIG OL' BUMP!