Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots and lots and lots of BEER.....................
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Way too much coffee... I'm blaming it on the wife, she bought me a new French press.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Way too much coffee... I'm blaming it on the wife, she bought me a new French press.
    Ohhh, love the French Press............
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Toombes:
    Ohhh, love the French Press............

Yupper!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    Sierra Mist Free which actually now is Diet Sierra Mist . My favorite soda and/or mixer for bourbon if not on the rocks .
    Hey Gene, if you're ever looking for a new mixed drink to try using Sierra Mist, try mixing it with Kilo Kai spiced rum. It tastes like cream soda.

Thanks Joe ... I will give that a try , sounds good .
    I stopped and got a bottle of this tonight to take on my trip. What ratio do you mix them at to get this magic concoction? I love cream soda!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    +1 if it was good beer lol -1 if it was water with the taste of beer =p.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Founders Breakfast Stout.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    bandyt09:
    Jason, my theory is, if you can see through it, it ain't beer. It may have been at one time but now it is just recycled beer. If I remember right, out was some Hanger 24 stuff, Sierra Nevada Tumbler, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Dundee Oktoberfest, Blue Moon Gran Cru, and a couple of others.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    JSaint:
    bandyt09:
    Jason, my theory is, if you can see through it, it ain't beer. It may have been at one time but now it is just recycled beer. If I remember right, out was some Hanger 24 stuff, Sierra Nevada Tumbler, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Dundee Oktoberfest, Blue Moon Gran Cru, and a couple of others.
    Then +1 good sir! Still drinkin those Oktoberfests huh? Havent had the Dundee but I did enjoy the Sam Adams. Also had Bells Oktoberfest and wow that one was good. Also I dont believe Hanger 24 stuff is avaible near me.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Later this afternoon will be Woodford Reserve ... anyone else a fan ?
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Later this afternoon will be Woodford Reserve ... anyone else a fan ?
    Hell yes. Great stuff.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Water. Always water. Sometimes I splurge and add A little ice. I prefer A clean palate.
  • Options
    Sierra Nevada Celebration
  • Options
    I was looking for a cheap, good time... so here's the results:

Opened this bottle today... lol. E&J baby! (mix w/Dr. Pepper for a GREAT cigar pairing!)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

and I will be drinking this tomorrow...

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    WOW...I give you credit....no way I could ever drink E&J...I'd pound nightrain first lol. But I do cook with it often adn it makes for a great steak saute
  • Options
    Oh man Kilo Kai is some good stuff. Could never figure out what is with the sandpaper stuff near the opening though.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    WOW...I give you credit....no way I could ever drink E&J...I'd pound nightrain first lol. But I do cook with it often adn it makes for a great steak saute
    E&J alone = vomit. E&J + Dr. Pepper = GREAT cigar pairing!
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Oh man Kilo Kai is some good stuff. Could never figure out what is with the sandpaper stuff near the opening though.
    I'm looking forward to trying it! I usually don't drink 35% rum... BUT, this stuff came highly recommended... so I am stoked to try it!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    For a rookie...throw two tablespoons of butter, garlic, and crushed black pepper in a pan...saute. Add E&J, light on fire and watch eyebrows...once burned off, add A1, jerk off the saute pan, and thank me later. Technically a brown gravy of sorts is used, but A1 will wor if you are new to saute. You can toss that on dog sh$$$t and it will taste good.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    I'm looking forward to trying it! I usually don't drink 35% rum... BUT, this stuff came highly recommended... so I am stoked to try it!
    Used to drink Sailor Jerry straight and well....after a few black outs on that stuff I had to switch lol. Still need to try Kraken but you will definitely enjoy the Kai.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    Used to drink Sailor Jerry straight and well....after a few black outs on that stuff I had to switch lol. Still need to try Kraken but you will definitely enjoy the Kai.
    Kraken < Sailor Jerry just from experience. SJ is great for the money! Like boutique rum for a pauper's price.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    For a rookie...throw two tablespoons of butter, garlic, and crushed black pepper in a pan...saute. Add E&J, light on fire and watch eyebrows...once burned off, add A1, jerk off the saute pan, and thank me later. Technically a brown gravy of sorts is used, but A1 will wor if you are new to saute. You can toss that on dog sh$$$t and it will taste good.
    Don't do that... just do E&J + Dr. Pepper for a drink w/cigar. There are MUCH better brandys for saute-ing... lol
  • Options
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    Kraken
    Not doubting the money value lol had plenty of great nights with it. Just falling into a fire after drinking half a bottle kinda taught me a lesson lol! For spirits now though i usually only drink Whiskey/Bourbon/Scotchs oh and LOTS of Beer lol.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    Kraken
    Not doubting the money value lol had plenty of great nights with it. Just falling into a fire after drinking half a bottle kinda taught me a lesson lol! For spirits now though i usually only drink Whiskey/Bourbon/Scotchs oh and LOTS of Beer lol.
    don't quote one word... quote the whole thing... lol. SJ is great! I would post pics of my Scotch/bourbon collection, but I don't need any more haters... LMAO
  • Options
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    Kraken
    don't quote one word... quote the whole thing... lol. SJ is great! I would post pics of my Scotch/bourbon collection, but I don't need any more haters... LMAO
    Idk what happened lol I thought I quoted the whole thing! Whups.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Had a friend and his wife over for dinner recently. He works for one of the local alcohol distributors, so he brought some nice wines. The standouts were a Taylor 2007 vintage port and a bottle of En Route Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. We put out a cheese plate, bread with various dipping sauces, oils, etc. Dinner was brussels sprouts cooked in bourbon bacon fat, forbidden black rice seasoned with saffron salt and filet mignon with a blackberry-red wine reduction. Dessert was a chocolate molten cake with fresh whipped cream and a blood orange reduction.

Later, we cracked my new bottle of Pappy 23. Amazing bourbon and incredibly complex but I don't know if it completely justifies the hype and extravagant price tag.

Monday, I waited in line in the freezing cold for 3 hours to try Kate the Great at the Portsmouth Brewery on tap. If you're a beer geek, you'll be familiar with this one. This year was good but ultra hoppy and not the best year IMO. Tough to compare to the vertical tasting I did with a friend recently. He had bottles going back to 06.

I just recently made a crazy booze run (over $900 in two weeks), so I'll have some interesting stuff to review.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Opening a fat tire right now and going out to mow the grass . I love summer temperatures !!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Unleashed some Milwaukee's BEAST light tonight....
  • Options
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    BigT06:
    JSaint:
    Kraken
    Kilo Kai > Sailor Jerry and that info is coming from a Todd so you know it has to be accurate.
  • Options
    If it's coming from you, I'll take it to the bank. I will be cracking open the Kilo Kai shortly...